“Great Whistler Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aava Whistler Hotel

You added Aava Whistler Hotel to your Saves list
Aava Whistler Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4005 Whistler Way | (On the edge of the village action), Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Whistler Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed up here numerous times and have always had a great time here. The rooms are clean and modern and everyone on staff is extremely friendly and courteous. The have a great system in place for bikes and for lending out free Go Pro cameras, which we used to go White Water rafting and had a blast! The location, price and total value is well worth it!

In room coffee is great here as well! :)

I would and have recommended the Aava to others.

Jon I - Vancouver BC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We rolled into Whistler and the sight of the Aava almost made me weep! Out front was a sign that said "Welcome to Crankworx!" Being that my brother and I were there to charge the mountain, this couldn't have been a more welcoming sign. The staff was amazing with their upbeat attitudes and helpful nature. The check in process was lighting fast and we were in our room in minutes. Our two couple group was VERY comfortable in our room with two queen beds and they were amazing to sleep in after a long day hammering the mountain! We even took some respite from our soreness in the hot tub and I took a few minutes to loosen up in the very well equipped fitness center.
Another great amenity of the Aava was the GoPro Station. The staff was very helpful in giving us some pointers on how to best capture our riding and then assisted in the download process at the end of the day. Add to that, they even let us borrow a few rigs to mount our cameras on...awesome!
A few days after we left, we realized half of the footage we captured on our GoPro was not on our camera. We realized we had downloaded it to the Aava computer and feared it was most certainly lost forever. I left a message with GM Chris and received a phone call back from him the following day. He informed that they had found the footage, burned it to disc, and had it prepared to mail to me! I almost shed a few tears upon hearing this.
There are many places to stay when visiting Whistler, however, in planning our next trip, we've already decided The Aava will once again be our spot. CHEERS!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, Front Office Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Richard D,

Thanks for the great TripAdvisor review!

We hope you have an epic time watching your footage!

We hope to see you all next year.

Chris
Chandler, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just returned from my first trip to British Columbia. I had seen many pictures and video's of Whistler and was concerned I may have gone with too high an expectation. I was completely blown away by just how amazing a place this is. My only regret is that I was not able to stay longer. I am already planning another trip next year and plan to be in Whistler for at least five days.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Everything was great and professional. The only thing that surprised me was how small the pool and hot tub was for a hotel of such size. That said it never really got overcrowded (in August), so I suppose that's just fine.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a great time in Whistler. This hotel is off the square, so it is nice and quiet. Pool, hot tub, and sauna were great. Bikes are available and free for the first two hours. Plenty of time for a nice ride through the valley.

Room and hotel itself is average. If not for the fancy front counter, it could have been a Super 8 hotel, but at twice the price. The rooms are nice, but that's it. THere is a fridge, which is nice. EVerything else is adequate, not bad, not good. For the price of this hotel, I would have shopped around more. As another reviewer said, its pretty barebones. Parking is available for $19/day. If done over, I would have hoofed it from the public parking.

Most of the good reviews this hotel gets is for their bike service. I can see why, since so many hotels make no efforts with bikes. But as a hotel, this is a smidge above a budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The studio room is bare bones no soaker tub and limited facilities. I suggest to shop around because there are much better hotels are a better price that have full facilities including full kitchen and better amenities. I just assumed it would be like most of the other hotels I stayed at in Whistler. The worst part was my experience with a security guard. My boyfriend and I were at the hot tub a bit "after hours". We were just relaxing and a security guard came out and threatened to call the police and charge us for trespassing even though we were paying guests. I've never been treated like that before. I would defiantly not come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris M, Front Office Manager at Aava Whistler Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear SuperTravel Diva,

Thank you very much for your feedback,

I am disappointed to hear that you feel that our property is overpriced, we usually come in as one of the best priced hotels in the village, and most reviewers on Tripadvisor comment on our value for money and complimentary services.

I am also very sorry that you feel that you were not treated well in the pool/ hot tub area. We are required to be very strict in terms of when this area can close for health and safety reasons, for in-house guests, or the frequent trespassers who often take the liberty of enjoying our facilities during the overnight hours. If you could contact me with more specific information, that would be greatly appreciated (chris@aavawhistlerhotel.com)

We hope to see you back at the Aava on another occasion! Please contact me should you visit the village again soon, we will ensure your visit is more memorable than it was last April.

Kind regards,

Been to Aava Whistler Hotel? Share your experiences!