“Private guided Half Note Trail hike” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Whistler Alpine Guides operates year-round, offering a wide variety of tours, activities & courses. We specialize in providing activities such as backcountry ski/snowboard touring, mountaineering, avalanche safety courses, ice climbing, rock climbing, glacier walks & hikes, Via Ferrata, scrambling and backcountry hiking. Led by our professional and experienced guides, you will explore the beautiful mountains of the Whistler area in a brand new exciting way.
NY
“Private guided Half Note Trail hike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hike was absolutely beautiful. My guide Chelsea made it very interesting and a lot of fun. She was very knowledgeable about history and make up of the landscape. I wouldn't hesitate to use Whistler Alpine Guides again.

Visited August 2013

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
“Via Ferrata on Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

For anyone considering the Via Ferrata tour through Whistler Alpine Guides, I would highly recommend the trip! Climbing the via Ferrata was a very unique experience and one that I won't soon forget!

My guide on the tour was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, considerate, and fun! She made sure that the two others in my group and I had a safe and enjoyable climb. In addition, since the three of us in the group were all shutterbugs, she made sure that we had plenty of time to stop and take pictures along the way, even offering to take a few pictures herself.

The climb itself, while extremely fun, was not all that challenging and I would say that, as long as you aren't afraid of heights, anyone of moderate fitness can easily accomplish it. If you want to make it a bit tougher, you can forgo the iron steps and use the cliffs more of a rock-climbing experience.

In conclusion, if you're looking for something unique to do while you're in Whistler, I highly recommend trying out the Via Ferrata. And Whistler Alpine Guides is definitely the way to go!

Edmonton, Canada
“Via Ferrata on Whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Best 4 hours of my vacation! The climb was lots of fun and our guide was awesome. You take the first two chairs up Whistler mountain and then climb to the peak on the Via Ferrata.

Kamloops, Canada
“Single Pitch Classics Half Day Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Thank you to everyone at the Whistler Alpine Guides Bureau. You made our amazing trip even more special. My boyfriend and I are big adventurers with a lot of indoor climbing experience but only two days worth of outdoor experience. We didn't feel comfortable climbing by ourselves (also lack of equipment) The helpful service and last minute scrambling of this company allowed us to enjoy a day in the rocks at Squamish with a wicked guide! I highly recommend this company!

vancouver
“Via Ferrata”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

As an experienced mountaineer, I could really appreciate the quality of the guide and outing. I thought it was awesome that I could take a total rookie on the trip and they had an amazing time too. They installed the route in a great place as once you're on the rock, you can't see the Peak Chair (which I was worried would take away from the experience)

Visited June 2013