“A must in whistler” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alta Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: - Open for Dinner only from 5:30pm - Locally inspired cuisine set in a casual bistro atmosphere. Chef Nicholas Cassettari combines his classic training, top tier experience, and world travels with the best of B.C.'S bounty to create the fine flavours at Alta Bistro. Service is casual and prompt in the dining room and bar. The wine list is French focused, with the best of B.C. As well as international selections (many by the glass) with Enomatic machines dispensing fine and eclectic selections to pair with Alta's cuisine. Mixologist Scot Curry behind that bar crafts some of Whistler's finest. The cozy bistro atmosphere is lively and welcoming. Reservations are a must.
“A must in whistler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

There has been a few times that I have left a restaurant and be proud of them. Is a local cuisine with local products and staff, just how is meant to be. Every dish is serve with pride. As I said before, is a must in whistler if you want to live the local culinary culture.

“Owners take pride....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We had a great night at Alta....welcomed by the owner in the front, drinks crafted by the owner behind the bar, great food prepared by the owner in the kitchen. The partners attend to detail and quality, and you feel welcomed and appreciated. It sure beats going to a chain! The service was attentive and professional. We found the quality higher than Araxi and the prices lower. Our top pick in Whistler.

Visited February 2014
“Super pretentious rubbish.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I'm not uncultured when it comes to restaurants, I've had the pleasure to eat in many fine places in many places in the world. I tell you this so that when I say that this place is trying to be too clever you know it's not just because I'm a sheltered moron. I had a duck dish served on a plate half coloured in with beetroot juice, it looked like a 5 year old had been at play... Beetroot was to feature heavily in both my wife and I's dish as it turned out... My wife had the pork cheeks, which were actually very nicely cooked but served under such a huge concoction of random fruit, veg, seeds and nuts that anything good going on with the pork was lost. The staff were pretentious too, the waitress came round halfway through the meal to enquire "how are the flavours", we had to try hard not to laugh. We opted to avoid desert when we heard the special was cheesecake served with a blue cheese sauce, no thanks.
To top it off this place is not cheap. There are plenty of good places to eat in Whistler, I'd avoid this one!

Visited March 2014
Whistler, Canada
“Alta Bistro rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Truly a locals favourite this is one fantastic place to enjoy a farm to table menu. Scot makes the best cocktails in town! Small spot so reservations are a must! Great prices mean you can go twice! You won 't be disappointed!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
“Alta Bistro...fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Was on vacation to Whistler last week, I had been to dinner at Alta last summer. This time we went to Alta 3 times in one week, twice for drinks and on our last night we went for dinner. This is an amazing place to stop in for a drink, a reservation is a must for dinner. My husband and I sat at the bar chatted with "Ted" as he made some amazing cocktails. The next night when we returned our bartender "Scott" made us again superb drinks. On our last night we decided to end our vacation with dinner at Alta. It was fantastic, from service, to pre-dinner drinks to wine to our main course...everytihing was 10+++, I will never visit Whistler without having at least one meal at Alta Bistro. Make sure you plan for a dinner...you won't be sorrry!

• Visited February 2014