“Our Aspens Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aspens on Blackcomb

Save Saved
You added Aspens on Blackcomb to your Saves list
Aspens on Blackcomb
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4800 Spearhead Drive, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #23 of 53 hotels in Whistler
Vancouver, Canada
“Our Aspens Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Aspens at Whister. This was not our first stay here but it had been a couple of years. I have to stay that this stay was by far the worst.
We were lucky enough to be able to check in early around 1:30 which was wonderful as it had just stared to pour with rain. We had things planned so we just dumped our luggage in our room and headed straight out the door again without really looking around.
When we returned later at around 6pm I had a look around and found that there was no tv in the bedroom which is something that I was told that would be included when I booked the deluxe room. I went down to the front desk and had to wait for about 10 minutes before anyone at the front desk came out to the front to speak to me and was told that because I had been there for more than 2 hours (even though we had not touched anything we would be charged an $80 cleaning fee to move rooms. I asked the girl if she could come and see that we had not toched anything and she would not budge on this. I was of course very upset and disappointed that they could not or would not extend this courtesy. In most hotels that I have stayed in if there is a problem with the room I get moved with no issues and certainly do not get charged for it.
Despite all of this, my son was having such a nice time that he wanted to stay another day so I went to find out if I could extend another day and while this time the front desk clerk was much nicer about everything I was not happy that they would not honour the third night free promotion that I originally booked at.
Definitely not happy with the customer service that I received on this trip or the room quality. I would definitely have to think long and hard about booking at this resort again.

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My only complaint was the lack of AC in the rooms. I would imagine it normally cools off significantly at night; but it really didn't when we were there. The lack of air conditioning made it a bit difficult to sleep well.

Overall that is a very minor complaint. The room was clean and comfortable. The common areas were inviting. The pool and hot tubs were great. The short stroll down to the Blackcomb base was nice both before and after meals/drinks.

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

RQWManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Aspens on Blackcomb, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for this review, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be passing this on to our management team to share with our staff.

We hope you return again soon
Warmest regards
Emma Fukushima
White Rock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently booked a room at The Aspens for a trip with my 2 teenage kids. The location is great (we always book in upper village) and would be fantastic during ski/snowboard season. First let me mention that I booked through Whistler Premier and not ResortQuest and this is where the "disjoint" started - our unit is privately owned so we don't get the same amenities/services at the resort ....no daily room cleaning etc. I think the front desk at Whistler Premier has to do a better job at explaining everything ...no in suite laundry (ugh!), have to take your own garbage out, have to leave a deposit to get the key to the pool, have to buy parking tickets and get code to get in and out of garage.....all of this is very important info that was missed and required me having to use the ResortQuest front desk (they were wonderful and helpful).to understand what to do....Whistler Premier staff is lovely too but need to get this info posted in the room! I would have rated this better HOWEVER the room was facing North and had sun all day....NO A/C made it unbearable!! one tiny fan for the whole unit - seriously?? I had to go back to the Whistler Premier office (yes this is a drive from this location) and ask for another fan so we could sleep - didn't help! Also the rooms are quite outdated - I think most of the furniture is original (forest green colour pine gives that away).... the pool is lovely as is the hot tub area (Parents - please control your kids! we are not here to have kids running around with you no where in site) ....maybe we will try again in winter? not sure at this point?

Room Tip: if you stay here in the summer get a room facing South as there is no AC
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were here June 2013 for a race event and stayed in a two bedroom suite with two other people. The hotel could use a bit of updating - maybe a fresh coat of paint, but the room was comfortable and clean. One thing to note - they did not have an ice machine so we had to go to the closest liquor store which also didn't sell bags of ice - they just let you fill up a plastic grocery bag...kind of weird. We didn't use the pool or hot tub because it was always packed but it looked nice. Their gym really shouldn't be called a gym...just a room with an elliptical machine. The location was great though - close to lots of trails and walking distance to Whistler Village.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write This review, we appreciate your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you had trouble finding ice, we do provide ice cube trays in all freezers of our kitchens, and wonder if you didn't have one what unit you stayed in, that way we can ensure one is put in the unit.
With regards to the size of the gym, I will pass that on to the strata to inform the owners.
Again we thank you for your review and he to see you back again.
Regards
Emma Fukushima.
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed in Aspens #427 in early April and I couldn't have been happier with the location, amenities and overall value. It's located near the base of Blackcomb Mountain, adjacent to the Wizard Express (lift) so access to the slopes is a BREEZE. The property is older but the exterior is renovated and tidy. The units are individually owned, therefore the interiors are a roll of the dice. Unit #427 is a compact, cozy two bedroom unit with a spacious patio that is secluded and quiet. Whistler Village is a quick 10 minute walk.

I did not rent through ResortQuest, instead going through a popular local vacation rental management company. They were excellent to deal with and my trip to Whistler was a success.

Know before you go: most resorts charge for parking. Aspens is $15/day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The room was clean, the kitchen facilities adequate and the ski valet service for equipment worked out fine. Because the units are not all managed by the same company the logistics were a bit confusing but not a problem. The ski in and ski out was great even in the late spring could be used. The hallways and common areas have the signs on heavy usage and could use a coat of paint, but that is a minor point. Would come back on next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

RQWManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Aspens on Blackcomb, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we are extremely happy that you enjoyed your experience at The Aspens, and thank you for choosing us for your vacation.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon

Warmest regards

Emma Fukushima (nee Sanderson)
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Aspens on Blackcomb? Share your experiences!