“Great for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alpenglow Lodge

You added Alpenglow Lodge to your Saves list
Alpenglow Lodge
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4369 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N1B4, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Seattle Washington State
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife & I were slightly apprehensive after reading a couple of reviews but because of the price & location in the village we decided to give I a try. We loved it very much, very cozy room, loved the Murphy bed concept which made plenty of room for sofa & coffee table for watching TV . Full service kitchen for late night snacks. Morning coffee taste great as they provided a single up Keurig, so much better than those crappy two cup coffee brewers in most hotels. Shower was awesome great after ll day walking in summer heat. Location fantastic easy walk to any choice of restaurants, never moved the car three days. Staff are fantastic concerned about our being happy, especially Tanya -- she is so pleasant & helpful. We loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked the Alpen Glow via the help of a Tourism Whistler rep. I was stoked as it was pretty inexpensive, and as I was on business, and would not be in the room much anyway, so didn't really care. I went later to look up the map for the place and was greeted by this TripAdvisor site showing a serious low rating. I was so scared it was going to be a dive so I called my rep and while he he did admit "well, you did book the cheapest place in Whistler" (omg mention that before buddy I don't want to stay in a dive!) he assured me that if anything was unclean or out of sorts that we would be given a new clean room right away. Luckily it never came to that.

When we pulled up I had prepared my partner for a total dump of a place as that is what the reviews on this site made us believe would be there!! But instead, it was a clean front entrance, staffed by a friendly Australian staff member, with a nice, clean, quiet (well, mostly quiet) room on the 4th floor facing the trees and mountains. It was pleasant and clean and equipped with most necessary appliances.

The bed being pullout is kind of wack though, so we opted to pull the bed mattress out on the pull out couch and switch the two as it was better having the table up and bed out at once.This sounds complicated because it is. Kinda weird having the table be the bed (murphy style). Probably wouldn't stay here again because of this, they should figure out a different configuration really that is more convenient. As others complained, if you use the bed and the pull out couch at once, you cannot walk across the room, they are almost touching and take up the bulk of the space. There is seriously like a foot of space to squeeze through, not comfortable, kind of unsafe. Especially annoying.

But other than that, the room was nice and clean and the bathroom was nice. This is kind of a young person party building so if you are old or looking to not have loud rowdy skateboarders drunkenly smash cans above you on Saturday night (this place is cheapest in Whistler and close to Village) please do not come. Note: They were not too bad, were kind of hilarious, and other than a few thumps we were not disturbed even though these drunken disturbers were right above our room. We did find a crushed WildCat can on our balcony one morning, but not a big deal.

All in all, I would recommend this place to others if you are looking for a good value near the Whistler village. The staff were really helpful and shipped a package back to me when I forgot something behind. Also, staff let us keep our bags in a safe locked up room after check out time so we could explore the village unabated until our shuttle arrived. Really, they were top notch and that is the reason I am on here giving them a good review. They deserve it.

Last note, pool and hot tub were okay. Clean, hot tub was relaxing. Pool was a bit cold, heated would be more appealing to me personally, but my partner thought it was perfect. So ya, stay at the Alpen Glow if you want to save a little cash for whatever reason and if you want to stay somewhere with a young, fun, vibe where old fogies won't be all up in your grill. Plus the service was top notch. Thank you Alpen Glow!

Room Tip: Book with Tourism Whistler. They clean the rooms properly. My reps told me the suites are owned indi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights- last minute booking and still managed to get a reasonable price. Comfy bed, clean room. Limited reception attendance though however, excellent communication via email considering we were checking in late. Had an enjoyable stay. Good location.

• Stayed August 2013
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked two rooms online at www.hoteldiscountswhistler.com and got a very good summer rate.($97 a nite) One thing to mention right off the bat when checking in, because this was a resort quest booking, we had to check in across the street at the Cascade Lodge to get the room keys and entry codes. It may be different if booking directly with the hotel but if you book online it is mostly done through resort quest so you may have to check in at the Cascade Lodge. Saves you any confusion.

The one room was overlooking the pool the other overlooking the street side, directly across. Very clean rooms, bright, a full kitchen with all of the utensils. It took a bit but we did find large cutting knives and cutting boards under the kitchen sink near the back.

Very nice decor, air conditioned room with lots of extra closet space and a full ironing board. Bed was comfortable. Both rooms also had an extra Murphy bed in them.There was a small sitting table with four chairs and also two outdoor chairs on the balcony. Free WiFi and lots of tv channels to choose from.

Staff was very helpful and polite. The only thing I want to mention is the weight room equipment was quite old and needed some upgrades. other than that the pool and hot tub were clean and checked be staff regularly. Small pool but lots of chairs to sit out in the sun. There are many trees surrounding the pool so not much for sun at the pool in the morning but later in the day it was fine.

Hotel is close to everything and also quiet. Other rooms overlooking the market or concert area may be closer but I am sure they also would also have a lot more noise. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Like they say its a 5 minute walk to whislter olympic plaza and very close by most everything.
We stayed in a small room on the 4th floor, with a Murphy Bed and a sofa bed, we decided to use the sofa. The sofa bed was actually pretty comfortable, the bathroom is big with a soaker tub. All in all pretty good.

We overlooked the 7-11 which was pretty noisy saturday evening especially after 2AM.

No free wifi in our room - 10$ a day, I guess its up to the owners of the suite if they have free wifi or not ... I didnt need wifi so I took a pass.

Parking is 15 bucks a day underground, expensive I think but its whistler ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A very pleasant young woman at the front desk offered to show us the room first (we were walk ins). The room was fairly well kept, (although there was no guest soap, shampoo, etc), large enough and had excellent Wifi service (complementary). We did use the kitchenette and as in most places, the non stick frying pan should be replaced! The guest laundry had two out of the four machines out of order and the cleanliness could have been somewhat better. None of these ruined our stay. Overall a reasonably good place. I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Birkenhead
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Booked through Whistler website. Room nice and clean. Pull down bed very comfortable. No coat hooks in room so nowhere to hang ski stuff, no shelving so difficult to store clothes. Plenty of room in studio for both of these to be fitted. Pool and spa very over shadowed by trees. Have to book in at Chamois but if out of hours easy with security numbers supplied. very noisy pump running all day but not at night over 509. Beware.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpenglow Lodge? Share your experiences!