“Would Stay Here Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adara Hotel

Save Saved
You added Adara Hotel to your Saves list
Adara Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4122 Village Green, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Mission, Canada
“Would Stay Here Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Here with our grandsons. Arrived early but were able to leave our belongings in secure area while our vehicle was parked for us. Staying in a loft room which is perfect....a bit of space for us and the grandkids have the sofa bed and Playstation 3. Beds are comfy and the room is clean. Nice balcony off of the upstairs bedroom. Quiet hotel! Staff were friendly

Room Tip: If you have more than two people, book the loft room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review. We look forward to your return. Be sure to mention that you are a return guest in order to get the best rate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great little hotel. Nice room, nice pool. Nice little touches. More than we expected. Booked online at last minute on a trip to Vancouver. We had a very very good deal online. 69.00 uk pounds. So did not expect much. Got here and it was stunning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you for the review. I am very pleased that we were able exceed your expectations. And thanks for spreading the word.
Richmond, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just checked in ... One of our dogs was whining at the elevator and the manager says to me .. sounds like that dog is a whiner. I hope you are not leaving him in the room by himself because the other guests will complain. Good first impression !!!

Guess the walls are pretty thin .. I did tell him I take my dogs everywhere and they would not be left in the room by themselves.

Wow ... First and last time I come to this hotel. NOT dog friendly.

I am giving this hotel a poor rating because of the unfriendly first impression. Room is clean, spacious enough and adequate for my dogs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
All guest reviews are useful and welcome, however there is no hotel which is more dog friendly that we are, ask Kate (our canine concierge. Guest comfort is paramount for us, noisy guests are asked to respect our other guests, 2 or 4 legged.
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel had many pluses - and the staff is one! We were greeted by a helpful gentleman who even went to the extent of finding places we wanted to get to. Going in and out of the hotel, we were always greeted with a smile by him. However not all the staff were this way - the evening guy that took his spot was not as friendly.

The hotel is far from the action, but close enough for inconvenience. The bonus is the noise level. Whistler is quite the party town - and being able to walk to all the bars and pubs is great, but to hear it when you want a great rest isn't. So this is a great spot!

There is a $20 mandatory valet parking fee just as an FYI.

The hotel room was very modern - i love the style! I know many customers have complained about the cleanliness - but with all the traffic they get, the hotel definitely benefit from a maintenance worker fixing scratches, dents and damage in the hotel rooms, including the hallways. I assume with snowboard season andd bike season, it is hard to keep up.

Our room had a great patio being pet friendly - and the bed was comfy! Was a roomy king bed suite. The couch was great but dusty (it is cloth) and with having dogs, you can see previous dog owners have been there, as it is impossible to remove fur from the fabric. The table was in bad condition as well - but all in all - everything was usable!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. For only a 2 night stay - we weren't able to use all the amenities, but the free internet and the fresh smell of coffee in the morning was always a bonus!

As mentioned by other customers, our house keeper also did not do much to make our room better - just did the bed and that was it.

I also had no problem sleeping and didn't hear too much - and we were the room right beside the elevator!

Room Tip: I chose room 202 - would recommend this one (but it is pet friendly so might not be up to cleanlines...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you coming back to the Adara. You are so right, the wool chairs attract dog hair like nothing else, we have plans to replace those chairs with a pet friendlier material. Please be sure to mention that you are a returning guest when you want to reserve next time for the best rates.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Overall we were very happy with our three night stay at the Adara hotel! The coffee and fresh baked breakfast bars in the morning were a very nice touch! As were the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon! We found the hotel to be clean and not noisy at all.... in reading other reviews I seen that some thought it was noisy - our room was pointed away from the village centre so that may have helped. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The only thing I wasn't overly impressed with was the parking costs. I didn't find out until the end of the stay that it was $20/night for valet parking. The hotel was reasonably priced but I would have liked to have been told about the parking at the beginning of our stay rather than the end.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert S, General Manager at Adara Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We greatly appreciate your perfect review. As a tip to future guests following us on facebook is a great way to find deals, for example half price parking.
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We liked the hotel, the location, the stuff. everything was great. Upon arrival we had a well come fruit coffee and cookies. Hotel rooms are very modern, clean and have everything one needs in a room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
many thanks for your great review. Receiving such a nice review from a guest who is a experienced traveler and senior reviewer means a lot to all of us.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked a Deluxe King room for a weekend getaway and when I saw all the five-star ratings here, I figured I got a steal, but I definitely realize you get what you pay for.

I will start with the pros: Staff fairly friendly. They bake cookies and have breakfast grain bars for you, free of charge in the lobby at various points during the day which is a really nice touch. I do like that the place is locally owned and the lobby was very welcoming, but I really expected more.

The cons: The bed was uncomfortable and the duvet and pillows were very lumpy- not to mention, I am pretty sure they use a queen bed spread on a king because my husband and I were fighting for the covers all night. There was no overhang of the duvet off the mattress. (We have a king at home too and never -cough, almost never- have issues with the covers.) When the maid service came, they didn't do anything to the room- don't even wipe the coffee table or put any recyclables away. The bed was basically thrown together which I could have done myself. The walls also seem to be paper thin because I could hear practically every conversation of the groups that were staying in the room next to us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you for taking the time to write this review, all comments are greatly appreciated. I am very pleased that you liked our special extra touches. It is a surprise to read that you found the bed uncomfortable because they are top quality Sealy beds and normally receive very positive comments.

Been to Adara Hotel? Share your experiences!