I just got back from a 5 night stay at the Marketplace Lodge in Whistler, BC. We stayed in unit #249, which I booked through the Allura Direct website. Overall we had a positive experience largely because of our specific room, but I will caution that there seems to be a considerable amount of variation between units.
We arrived late at night (early in the morning, really) and had some difficulty getting into the complex. We were prepared to use a code to enter our room, but had no means of getting past the front door. Luckily somebody walked by and was nice enough to let us in, but you should consider this if you intend to arrive at an odd hour. The unit we stayed in was clean and nice, with a newly renovated kitchen, comfortable bedroom and a living room complete with a gas fireplace, wall mounted flat panel TV, DVD, and even a laptop to use. My only complaint with the living room was that the pullout sofa sagged at the top and was difficult to sleep on. There was enough storage for our gear between the closets and the laundry room with washer/dryer. There is also a small alcove with bunk beds that’s fine for children or people who don’t mind being a bit cramped, and a smallish balcony.
As for Marketplace Lodge as a whole, it’s kind of on the outskirts of the village, but still a very manageable walk to the gondola and the bars/restaurants. We rented skis from Summit, which is next to the Whistler Gondola. Since they store your rental skis for free (or your own for CAN$ 5 a night) we chose to walk in our street shoes instead of clunking around in our boots to the lifts and après ski. I agree with some other reviewers who said that the complex can be a little loud due to both the parking lot and the young guests who choose Marketplace because it is a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable and well-appointed, these privately-owned condo units are the perfect choice for the traveler who enjoys comfort and convenience. Centrally-located and with a common area hot tub and easy access to shops and restaurants, Marketplace Lodge is ideal for families and small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Marketplace Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resortquest Marketplace Hotel Whistler
- Marketplace Lodge Whistler