“comfortable & relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Lodge & Spa

You added Summit Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Summit Lodge & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4359 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Hugs!
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange, California
“comfortable & relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Value! I received a really good rate as I came in off season and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service, amenities, staff and the location.

I ate at Elements, their in house restaurant, and it was delicious... the eggs benedict!

I got a pedicure for the spa in house and the ladies there were great.

Courtney on the front desk was lovely and helped me book a massage at the Scandinave Spa and book my bus back to Vancouver.

Room Tip: end of the hall is quietest
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our visit at the Summit Inn was wonderful... so much attention to detail! From the extra special greeting when we arrived ( a bday card, a yummy piece of bday cake and the use of the hotel polaroid to capture our memories)..to the wonderful coffee and candy bar in the evenings ...our trip could not have been any better!
The front desk people were very friendly and cheerful. The aussie fellow was very worldly and we talked about my upcoming trip to Australia! Him giving me tips on my travel to Australia.
We didn't bring our dogs but it was great to see the 4 legged friends in the hotel!
We used the hotel pool and hot tub !!! Spectacular.. in the evening we had a hot chocolate (complementary)
@ the pool side.
Thank you "Summit Inn and Spa" ...We will visit you again.
Tamera

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Robina, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were driving through and just had a one night stay. The staff were very friendly, the room was nice and the bed comfy. The best part was the lovely thick towels and soft bathrobes. It is in a great location and there were complimentary coffee, hot chocolate and lollies (candies) in reception...all in all a nice place to stay

Courtney E, Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for your review Penny H,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the thick towels, soft bathrobes & bed! We have recently upgraded our robes and love to hear that guests are enjoying them.

We love offering complimentary coffee and sweets to make you smile - the little things go a long way!

We hope that you will stay with us again on your next drive through Whistler.

Many thanks,

Courtney Earle
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Customer service was very good right from check in with Alex giving us some tips for things to do. Then later on having the other girl at the desk giving us a different room and sending someone up within two minutes to fix our tv. The rooms were very nice..however we changed rooms once after the first day because the bed was horrible and sagging. The second room was bigger and had a king size bed which was moderately better. It was not a good nights sleep on the beds. I understand from something I read before though that they are changing the beds and if that is true then there is absolutely no complaints. It is a clean and nice hotel that has a good location next to whistler marketplace which has an IGA and a Government Liquor store.It has a Splitz burger a couple of doors away which was great and also had a Mexican Taco place very close which was also really good. Short walk over to the brewhouse pub which had decent food and a good atmosphere as well. So the location is very good. They have a candy station at the desk that they put out for a few hours a day...think I gained some weight on this trip. I would definitely go back to this hotel....as long as they have new beds...lol..

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a new bed. You cant go wrong with this hotel
Lorraine Y, Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi grant3003!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and to give us some feedback.

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that the staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed the amenities provided and our location! Yes, it's quite the smörgåsbord of choices out of our front door. Sometimes we can have a little trouble choosing where to eat! :)

Again, thank you for the feedback on the beds. You are right, we are right in the middle of switching out old beds. However, if you have time, please let me know exactly what rooms are were in and I can personally ensure that those mattresses are replaced immediately. You are able to email me at lorraine@summitlodge.com or call +1 604 932 2778

Am terribly sorry your sleep was not as delightful as I would have hoped, if you do happen to come back to Whistler, do let me know and I would love to take care of you personally! :)

Lorraine
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
Johannesburg and London now
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We went to Whistler for our wedding anniversary. I mentioned that to the hotel, not expecting much. When we arrived they had a bottle of sparkling waiting for us on the table and a card.

They kindly moved us to a King bedroom when the initial room was just a double. The room was clean and well looked after. The bed was comfortable to lie in but my wife and I didnt sleep well on it. Maybe a mix of jet lag + skiing. The bathroom was also clean.

They have a spa outside which was great to use after a long ski day.

Its great that they allow dogs in the hotel.

The location is near the end of the village although its close to the best restaurants (check 1-10 on TripAdvisor and you'll see). Theres a shuttle to the ski lifts every 8-15 min. More on that later. You can leave your skis/snowboard in the shop downstairs.

The shuttle is run by Mark. He was great. Very friendly and great with everyone. He runs an efficient shuttle service to and from the slopes every 8-15 min. Hes one of the reasons we would go back to Summit Lodge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful stay at summit lodge.. Everyone was friendly and accomidating.

Our one bedroom suite was far beyond expectation.

The branding and voice of the company is friendly and well thought out.

My hands are still like a babys bottom after their designer soaps!

The front desk people even played with our dog while we went out to lunch!

Will definitely be coming back :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Lorraine Y, Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Col B for your review!

I'm so glad to hear that you felt well cared for during your stay from the staff and that your pup had a good time with the frontdesk - it's one of our favourite things to do! ;)

We're also delighted and thankful that you appreciated our voice and branding; being a small boutique hotel, we get to put our hearts and values in to the hotel and do a lot of the branding in-house, so encouraged to hear that you thought it well thought out. Thank you!

We'll be certainly looking forward to your return soon, and would love to take your pup again while you're on lunch!

Lorraine
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed for a week at this hotel and found that it ticked all the boxes for me. This hotel is in a good location near the supermarket, close to the Village Walk and central to many activities. From the moment I arrived the service was excellent. Arriving on Good Friday, I was met with Hot Cross Buns and Hot chocolate in the foyer. The staff were of a high standard. Firstly with James and Alex on the desk - nothing was too much trouble for them - starting with their courteous check in to helping me out with the many little things that I needed during my stay. They also gave me great information about activities, bars and restaurants.
A courtesy bus was provided by the hotel and shuttled skiers between the hotel and the slopes. Mark the driver was friendly, helpful and provided good advice everyday.
My studio room on the fourth floor overlooked the park and the pool. It was spacious with a kitchenette fitted out with everything I needed to cook including kettle, toaster, coffee machine, cook top and microwave. Lastly, the room was serviced to a high standard by Ramona and her team, who also also left surprises like Easter eggs hidden throughout the room.
Whilst The Summit is a 3 star hotel, I would thoroughly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Recommend that you ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the park.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Summit Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!