“Great location, wonderful staff..but” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Lodge & Spa

You added Summit Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Summit Lodge & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4359 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Special Offer
Free hugs!
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Victoria, Canada
“Great location, wonderful staff..but”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Summit at the end of August. Loved that this hotel was pet friendly but I do have to mention that our suite could have used a better cleaning. The couch was stained and had bits of things (?) on it. I don't understand why some hotels do not use actual duvet covers..a sheet over a duvet just doesn't cut for me..I did not appreciate the stains on it. Made me wonder if the duvet was changed after each visit (doubt it). Overall not a bad place and the staff were wonderful. I am hoping that the lack of a good cleaning is not because this place is pet friendly, if anything..there should be extra care taken. Also enjoyed the Keurig coffee maker.

Room Tip: A suite at the back of the hotel facing the pool area was nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Linda M,
I apologize that your room was not cleaned to the highest standard. We take every effort at the Summit Lodge to ensure that the rooms are perfect for when the guest checks in. Thank you though for your feedback. If you decide to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will make sure that your stay is much more pleasant.

Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
ayrshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Arrived in whistler on the way to jasper,by car. We hadn't booked anywhere as we didn't intend to stay ,but after wandering around we decided to stay the night. On arrival at the reception we were met by Colleen who was very helpful and showed us to our room. We were both delighted with our room , which was very clean . Bath robes were a plus, pity there were no slippers though!
We have told everyone we have met how nice whistler and this hotel was. Hopefully we will be back in the future for more nights this time.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back over looking the spa, lovely view .I could just about touch the trees fro...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear TraceyAyrshire,

It was a pleasure to read your review. So happy that your stay went smoothly!
West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have just returned from a family weekend to see our son-in-law finish the bike trek from Vancouver to Whistler. There were 10 of us and the staff made arrangements for three 1 bedroom units all beside each other and two of our families had our respective dogs stay with us. A very dog friendly place.
Everything in our room was great. There was a well stocked kitchen with a small fridge, a two element burner and a microwave. The queen beds were very comfortable and the room was immaculate.
I have two suggestions I think would help make the lodge more friendly for disabled guest. The four designated disabled parking spots should have the disabled designation painted on the wall of the parking stall. As a disabled driver, I was disappointed to see that only one car had a Disabled Hanger. I am disabled and reported it to the desk. I don't know if anything was done.
The other suggestion is to put grab bars on the back wall of the bath/shower. Again this is a disabled item I find very helpfull when climbing into a high sided bathtub.
My wife and daughter loved their visit to the Lodge's Spa. We had lunch in the Lodge's restaurant and found it very tasty and reasonably priced
Regardless, of my two suggestions we are looking forward to spending another weekend at the Summit Lodge.

Room Tip: To avoid late night party noise on Main Street, ask for a room on the backside overlooking the park.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Nsoldgoat,

Happy to hear that your Grand Fondo weekend was a success! Thank you for your feedback and suggestions on the room!
I apologize about the incident regarding your parking spot and understand your frustration. If you choose to stay with us again please contact me directly and I will personally make your booking.
leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a very fast check-in on arrival at Summit Lodge and were able to park the car underground easily - it is great having a lift straight to your room so minimum carrying of luggage. The room was perfect and lovely comfy bed - so convenient for all amenities at Whistler - mountain lift, restaurants, tourist info all within easy walking distance. Unfortunately I was taken ill on our second day and the staff were most helpful in directing me to the walk-in clinic where I was able to obtain medication which fortunately made me better! Whistler is a great place for hiking and biking during the day and has some great restaurants/bars at night. Th pool/spa was a great addition to the enjoyment of our stay - well done for having such a well managed hotel. We must have been lucky but we did not hear anydisturbance during the night either in or outside the hotel - in fact we thought how quiet it was!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Parobbo,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read!
I'm sorry to hear that you became ill during your stay, but happy to hear that you were looked after.
Once again thank you for your review!
West Vancouver, Bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Watch your bill!
I booked the place through Whistler.com and was quoted $119/night.
I made the mistake of NOT checking my bill when I left and found the hotel charged me account $135.15/night plus HST. I am not happy and will not return.
I booked the hotel because of its good location, but will not return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected charge on your account. Please phone our hotel on 604-932-2778 or send an email with your details to frontdesk@summitlodge.com.
I will look into your account and ensure that the appropriate refund is issued.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just great... loved the suites, my husband liked the massage, the kids liked their own TV, and the dog was treated like a prince.

Downside: it's a party town, so when drunken party-goers are chatting outside your bedroom window having a smoke, you just gotta close your window.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tony M, General Manager at Summit Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your review. Im glad that every member of your family enjoyed their holiday.
Im sorry to hear that your night's sleep was disturbed. Please know that we have a no party policy in the hotel and do not tolerate excessive noise late at night. Please let us know if you decide to book with us again and we will make sure that you have a pleasant stay.

Thank you for the review!

Been to Summit Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!