“nice stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Save Saved
You added Pinnacle Hotel Whistler to your Saves list
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada (Formerly Whistler Pinnacle Hotel)   |
Ranked #16 of 53 hotels in Whistler
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“nice stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We decided at the last minute to book this trip and this hotel was the first one we liked. Had the balcony we wanted, kitchen, location and we got to bring our small dogs. We then looked at all the other sites and they would have everything else except they wouldn't be pet friendly. So we picked this one. We were excited to find that the tub was also part of the standard room. We almost upgraded for this. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a getaway from the city for a couple of days. We would go back no problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear carol c,

Thank you so much for the great review!

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a great time. I look forward to your return. Please make sure to contact us back directly so we can ensure you get the best possible rate. We have lots of great promotions frequently that are only available when you book direct.

Thank you again!

625 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Located in the Whistler Village with a lot of shopping and restaurants around, this is a lovely hotel to stay in.The staff is friendly and helpful.Whistler is a beautiful small Village place to spend a couple of days there. A hotel worth recommending.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear HussainNalwala,

Thank you so much for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the locations and service provided.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at Pinnacle over the Canada Day long weekend. Children enjoyed the pool and we found the room to be clean. The only drawback was the size of the bathroom and lack of countertop space by the sink. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a view of the pool from our room which initially made us think it may be noisy but it was nice and peaceful. The location was excellent, only a few steps away from the village and a block away from the Olympic plaza where there is a wonderful outdoor play area for children. We stored our bikes in the storage in the lobby which was very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear FamilyTraveller789,

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you found the bathroom small. I wanted to let you know that we have scheduled renovations for our guest room bathrooms for this fall. I would love to have you come back and try us out again after the renovations are complete. Please feel free to contact me back directly at the hotel and I will personally take care of your arrangements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying at The Pinnacle. Good value for money, clean comfortable rooms with all necessary facilities, excellent location close to everything but quiet. The best part was the staff - friendly, informative and extremely helpful. The only thing missing was a view from the balcony but there are plenty of those outside! We've booked to stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear ElCard,

Thank you for your great comments. I'm thrilled to hear that you will be returning again. Please let me know if there is anything I can do make your next stay more enjoyable.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very nice location, nice special in June, beautiful weather, what could we ask for more? A bigger swimming pool probably but hey! they're so many things to do in Whistler that swimming wasn't really on the agenda even though it was hot!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the corner suite with double balconies
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Claire C,

Thank you for your great comments. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our June specials and our pool. It was a beautiful long weekend this year, great weather and lot's of fun!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The location if this hotel is excellent! About 2 minute walk to Whistler village, which is one of the reasons why we booked it. Also there was a promotion on it.
However, there were a couple of negatives to our stay. The check-in time is at 4pm, after a day of hiking we got to the hotel at 3pm. Out rooms weren't ready yet (we were a group of two couples), however we were told that we could park and come back at 4pm and the rooms would be ready. We expected that and were happy that we could park our car. We walked to the near village for a drink. When we came back at 4pm we were told that the rooms were not ready yet and we'd have to wait 5 minutes. After a long day of hiking waiting can get a bit frustrating. Finally we were called up to the counter and I asked the front desk attendant if we could have a later check-out since we had to wait to check in. She looked at the clock and with a condescending tone said 'Well it's just 18 minutes'. Yes, 18 minutes may not be a lot, but it's still time that we were paying for. I really did not appreciate her tone or her attitude. Check-in at the hotel is at 4pm and check-out is at 10am, that should be plenty of time to prepare a room. Throughout the whole interaction her tone was rude and it made us feel like it was our fault that the hotel was busy. After we got our room keys we were waiting for the elevator and the same desk attendant said, "Oh, by the way we upgraded you to delux rooms so...". I'm really not sure what that was supposed to achieve as it was said in a very condescending tone and it wasn't something that we asked for as compensation. I have to say that her tone did not make us very happy clients. Overall, the front desk staff can use an improvement in attitude.

The rooms are big, however, they can really use some upgrading. The furniture and fixtures are dated and my boyfriend thinks that there was black mold in the bathroom behind the baseboard.

I have to say that if it wasn't for the great location or the jacuzzi our experience would have been worse. We were happy to leave the next morning and next time we'll choose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear AnnaSerg77,

Thank you for your comments.

I'm so sorry to hear of your encounter at our front desk and that our service level was not acceptable. I will make sure to follow up with our staff to look into the situation.

I would love to make it up to you in some way. I will include my direct contact information below. Please feel free to contact me directly so i can personally take care of your return stay.

Thank you again.

operations@whistlerpinnacle.com
Granite Bay, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were pleased with our stay at this hotel. The room was small, but was very comfortable and efficient. We were pleased with the kitchenette and all the amenities. The location is perfect - within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. The hotel staff was very helpful. I would stay there again - especially for the price in this resort area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for your great comments! I'm thrilled to hear that all aspects of our hotel were to your liking. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

operations@whistlerpinnacle.com

Been to Pinnacle Hotel Whistler? Share your experiences!