“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Save Saved
You added Pinnacle Hotel Whistler to your Saves list
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada (Formerly Whistler Pinnacle Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Johannesburg
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Although it says out of town it is right on the border of the main strip and a two minute walk and you are in the thick of things. Room was clean and we had a four sleeper with a great view. Kitchenette was very useful, especially with kids. Would recommend this to others. Clean and friendly and complimentary coffee was good too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Brendan_Howie,

Thank you for the great feedback.

I'm so glad to hear that the location of the hotel and room amenities worked out so well for you.

Hope to see you again soon.

Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Room we had I was able to cook, so this was good as Whistler is expensive to eat and drink in.
Spa Bath was useless as water jetted out all over the floor. You have to pay to park the car at all the hotels in Whistler. It was nice that the area was free from cars when walking around. The room was light .The car park was underground and very busy and difficult to get a space that you could get into if you had a large vehicle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Heather C,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay.

I apologize that you had issues with your tub, the jet's do need to be covered in order for it not to spray water due to the pressure. I hope that we were quickly able to assist drying up any water. I agree as well that the parking lot can be difficult for large vehicles like extended pickups or SUV's. Although in most cases we can accommodate many different types of vehicles, anything above 6 foot, 8 inches can conveniently park directly across the road under the Whistler Public Library which has a clearance of 12 feet.

I do apologized again for the inconveniences you encountered. Please feel free to contact me directly if you plan to return to Whistler so that I may try and make it up to you in some way.

West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

2nd stay........both good experiences! Location great! Never needed car. Clean, nicely decorated, roomy. Booking experience was very good on both trips. Greeted by very friendly professional staff.....made us feel @ home! Any requests were met with pleasant attitudes & responded quickly. 2nd stay was for my Celebration of my B-Day.........accomodated us on our arrival quickly & offered a special gift! Have also reserved for family @ the other location in North Vancouver & received the same professional & courteous service. We will make this a yearly tradition for birthdays!!! Would recommend to others!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms @ end of halls near Exits are quieter......but, overall the hotel is very quiet. Ask for views...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Jacqueline S,

I love to read reviews like this. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I'm thrilled to read that we once again contributed to a great visit to Whistler.

Please make sure to contact us directly when you next plan to return so we can take great care of you.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cobble Hill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for a one night trip to Whistler, booked on Hotwire. At the rate we received this was a great deal. The front staff was friendly and helpful. The room was quiet with a nice view. Just found that the room could use some upgrade, the bed was alright and the room clean but just a little "tired". Great location to the village. If you get this hotel at a good rate you will be happy.

Dear bwick22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Although every review is important, reviews from "Top Contributor's" such as yourself have more of an impact on the position of a hotel, activity or restaurants position. Although I would have loved to receive a higher rating, I'm happy that we scored well on some important aspects such as guest services, location and peacefulness of your stay.

It pleases me to mention that after our most recent AGM this Spring, we were able to get consensus from our ownership to proceed with renovations this fall. Currently this is planned for October.

I would very much like to invite you back after the renovations to view our property and hopefully score a better review! ;) Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may offer you an incentive to return. I will include my contact details below.

Thank you again!

Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel on our honeymoon and loved it! We had a king bed with a kitchenette (fully stocked with all the utensils you could need) and a jetted tub. Right in the middle of town! Staff was very friendly!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Jocelyn23

Thank you for the great feedback and congratulations!

I hope that we will see you again for all of your many future anniversary's!

Best wishes for your future together.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at the Pinnacle for a work trip. I stayed in a deluxe studio and was blown away with the jetted bathtub that was beside my bed. The room is so spacious and cozy. It is perfect for families. The location is also really awesome. I like that I am away from the main village but close enough to be part of the action. It takes me 3 mins to walk to the village square so don't be fooled by the "off-village" location. Also! The pinnacle is attached to tha Alta bistro... last time I checked it was one of the top restaurants in whistler. I didn't actually get a chance to try it, but everytime I walked by... smelt like heavenly goodness. Overall, I would stay at the pinnacle again. It's a great value in Whistler if you are a family group or travelling with friends. Also, I want to point out that the front desk agents were fantastic. So knowledgable and always have a smile on their face - regardless of the time and day.

Room Tip: All deluxe studios come with a 2 person jetted bathtub beside the bed... Its huge! And super romant...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear TamalePepper,

Wow, what great feedback!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in #402 I think. We checked in 8th June 2013 for one night. My wife is pregnant 34 weeks. When I made booking with Adam over the phone I explained him that we are just coming for rest and most of time we will spend in the room so give us good room but our stay turn in to disaster. I stayed in hotels a lot even my background is from hospitality industry.
There were lot of issues, like there was no parking at front of the hotel for check in, Elevator to go up was making scary noise. Tried to open our room but door was blocked by house keeping trolley. Door key was not working, Room was brutal hot because fireplace's pilot was on and there was no switch to turn it off, we have to put air conditioning on full but it took so much time to cool down. Bad smell was coming from bed cover, I removed that from bed n underneath bed sheet was torn. Pillows were not very comfortable. We use another blanket from cupboard which was good. Toilet seat was very low. Sink n toilet seat from inside were cracked in washroom. There were hair on vanity counter and in washroom's floor. There was not enough water pressure in sink's tap in kitchen. Couch was dirty, stains were there. Hot tub's jet pump was very noisy and when we start there were hair n dust start coming from holes, we have to stop that. Small window on above of sliding door does not have curtain so early morning we got sun light in room which disturb our sleep. We went to their restaurant food and service was very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Whistler Pinnac... H, Manager at Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Gary S,

Wow! Where do I start. Well first off let me apologize for the experience you had. It is certainly something that I am going to take seriously with my housekeeping and maintenance staff.

I would like to speak to you personally about the matter if you are able to email or call me. I will include my contact details below. Hopefully I can do something to make up for the negative experience that you had.

604-938-3218

Been to Pinnacle Hotel Whistler? Share your experiences!