“Absolutely amazing, fell in love” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pinnacle Hotel Whistler

Save Saved
You added Pinnacle Hotel Whistler to your Saves list
Pinnacle Hotel Whistler
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4319 Main Street, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada (Formerly Whistler Pinnacle Hotel)   |
Ranked #16 of 53 hotels in Whistler
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely amazing, fell in love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in. From the moment you walk in, it takes your breath away. Convenient to all amenities. Going back again next year. Staff were very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. Outdoor spa in the snow was absolutely amazing experience. Spa in the bedroom and fireplace in the living room, watching the snow fall was amazing and something I have not seen in my life. I have no hesitation in recommending this property to future travellers to Whistler who want convenience and value for money.

620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Pinnacle resort once again and hope to return there sometime soon. All amenities were nice and staff were helpful and kind. Their courtesy and professionalism made our stay a memorable one.

We would like to make a special mention for Paula at the front desk who is such a joy and amazing person to interact with - in fact it is her who shared with us the benefits of being a return guest and offered us a really good room the last time we were there and that encouraged us to book with her directly in Dec 2012 itself.

We wish the resort continued success and excellence.

Room Tip: Blackcomb mountain view
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed there for 12 nights in early Feb for my ski trip. The hotel is conveniently located in the village. You can take a ski shuttle just in front of the hotel to the slope. Very convenient!
The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. They responded my request, e.g. housekeeping matters & table booking promptly.
My room was located on at the end of the 2nd floor corridor. It has 2 big balconies. The balconies seems to be as big as the room. There is not much use in winter as it was too cold outside.
There is a Jacuzzi in the room. However, it is a bit noisy and I rarely used it.
The kitchen is fully equipped and I could make a decent meal there.
The room is a bit small for 2 adults. There are not enough drawers to store my clothes and stuff.
The coin laundry is quite user friendly.
The Alta Bistro in the hotel is excellent! MUST TRY!

Room Tip: Stay away from lift.
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for about a week with my boyfriend. I was quite pleased with my choice of hotel.

LOCATION:

Located on Main Street, this hotel was within walking distance of the Gondolas and most of the sites in Whistler. There are grocery shops nearby and lots of restaurants. I was awoken by some revelers returning from their late night partying once but otherwise it was quiet.

ROOM

I would suggest you get a room with a mountain view. My room was right next to the stairs at the end of corridor but view of the mountain was nice.

The decor of the room was a bit outdated and the bed comforter was OLD. We tried to make the bed and all the stuffing from the comforter settled right in the middle of it so we gave up. Otherwise it was comfortable and I loved that we had a kitchenette and cooking utensils. This allowed us to make our own breakfast and lunch, which helped to cut the cost of our trip.

STAFF

I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff. Housekeeping staff were very nice. (I find this to be a trend at most hotels, the maids are the nicest people). The front desk were friendly each time I spoke to them but a bit distant...

All in all, this hotel is good choice for those traveling on a budget and looking for a good location. Its a bit outdated but this is Whistler! Get outside!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had a wonderful stay here.

The rooms are nice with a country feel to them. The staff was great and always helpful.

The room had a jacuzzi in the main area which was nice.

The only negative thing to say is the bathroom was small but not that big of a deal.

I would definitly stay here again as I thought it was very good value for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi !
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

stayed overnight last minute. This is an older ski hotel. The rooms are older but very clean. They haven't been updated with much and are very basic and tight for space. There are however large flat screen TV's with DVD players.I don't know if every room has one but mine came with a full kitchen and a gas fireplace. The rate was very reasonable compared to the rest of whistler. The hotel is just across the street from the convention center so is a very easy 5 minute walk into the main village. Being further away from the main village I think makes it a bit quieter in the area. Very nice front desk staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is well located, and roooms are clean and serviceable. Room layout is rather cramped, but there is a small kitchen with 4 appliances. Bathroom small, but water pressure good. Decor - tired and dated. the bedspread doubles as a duvet which I personally dislike unless triple sheeted, which it is not. Room rate was reasonable, no doubt as updating is due. Garage door opener worked rarely, which was annoying. Heated outdoor pool is indeed outside - you have to run around from front door to access it. Thermostats in rooms not too dependable and rooms (we had two) were hot. Luckily there are sliding doors. Staff good. Ski hills a quick bus ride or a 10 minute walk, which we preferred. There is a ski rental co.(Affinity) in the building which has a secondary location by the Whistler gondola, so convenient to get rentals from hotel location, and store each night at no charge at the location by hill. All in all, a serviceable hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor (4th floor) have vaulted ceilings, so they feel bigger and airier. Request one!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pinnacle Hotel Whistler? Share your experiences!