“Nice accomodation near Whistler Village” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler

You added Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler to your Saves list
Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4899 Painted Cliff Road, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice accomodation near Whistler Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Very nice accomodation in Blackcomb Village
Indoor Parking is 23$ + taxes and it is very difficult to find a place
If you have a big car or a van, it is a problem to park.
Full kitchen with stove, fridge, diswasher and micro-wave
We had a large room with fire place
No air conditioning. They provide you with a fan.
Private balcony with 2 chairs

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The room itself was fine; a separate bedroom and a sitting area / kitchen. However, the room was very hot and no air con available. So we kept the two standing fans on for the duration of the stay. Breakfast was acceptable, a range of breads and cereals and big fat waffles if they are your thing! They weren't mine.

I would say that this place would be great for families but I would probably not choose to come here again

Altadena, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I spend a lot of days at Coast Plaza Hotels: This is a very poor example. Best to avoid this hotel. 200 word minimum. It took over 40 minutes to boo into to the hotel. The staff were not that knowledgeable about the hotel. The food was poor at best. Reporting a problem was not possible.

Room Tip: Valley front rooms are poor in terms of view and noise
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

this hotel is located in the upper valley at whistler only 10 minutes walk to the lower village via the mountain path. there's also a free shuttle to the village every 30 minutes until 1 am. hotel needs some upgrades but for the prices you pay in whistler is worth the money. price includes decent and plentiful breakfast and nice pool and fitness room.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Our one night room rate turned out to be over $350! Sorry that's our cancellation policy. I had headed up to Whistler to check out the Coast to see if we should switch our accommodations for the summer and winter weekends including our annual ski trip. Well on first brush things looked good. I can overlook the fact that a "winter" resort didn't invest in air conditioning - although given how busy it was and how hot it got, they might want to revisit that decision. Those slope side facing rooms get very, very hot.

But when I received a call that my mother was taken the hospital and I need to get that morning, I was less than impressed when told I was within the "cancellation period" and would be charged to the next night! Just over $350 for one night.

So strike the Coast off the list... (Oh and I did fill in the company survey - no reply)

Room Tip: Winter time - any room should be fine. Summer time - try staying away from the Slope side - with n...
Delta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My girlfriends and our children decided to stay a few days up in Whistler for a little getaway. We really didn't need anything too fancy. Just a clean room and a great pool. Trying to be more fiscally responsible, we chose Coast Blackcomb Suites. Where do I start. Upon arrival the hotel looks quite nice. However as soon as you step into your room you realize that there is no AC. Whilst that may not be an issue during ski season, it is when there is a heatwave in Whistler. Our room was a lovely balmy 30 degrees at night. I had never even thought to check this upon booking. Fine my mistake (you know what they say about assuming anything.) My friends and their children and I were all staying on the 5th floor and as we walked to our room we noticed some of the walls were boarded up and the ceiling was exposed. We later found out there had been a fire on that level and a number of the rooms were undergoing renovations. Lovely (insert sarcasm.) We retired to our rooms that night to a not very restful sweaty hot room that was being cooled, inadequately I might add, by 2 floor fans. The next morning I was brushing my teeth when out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving in the tub. I looked down and to my surprise I found a COCKROACH!!! Not being fearful of insects, I quickly put a glass over it and immediately called down to the front desk to have it removed. This was at a 7AM and by 10AM it had yet to be dealt with. At this point, I was ready to leave this hotel and move to another. One cockroach usually means there are others. However the policies that be, forbade that from happening. I tried talking to the gentleman at the front desk who then proceeded to talk to someone in the back office, only to be told that it was not possible for me or my friends to leave without losing the fee for the second night. I finally asked who I needed to speak to as I realized that front desk could do very little to help me with this dilemma. I was handed the business card of the hotel manager (Valerie Haines.) I quickly dispatched an email to her to explain the situation and our desire to leave. I told her we were happy to pay for the first night and the parking but we really just wanted to go. Ms. Haines went up to the room with maintenance manger to inspect our little friend. This is where I started getting quite upset. First, Ms. Haines had been in the building when I was at the front desk. Why did she not come out and speak to me directly? I work with the public and understand that making a scene gets you nothing so I wasn't yelling or screaming. Secondly, she called me to say she could not find the roach. They had gone to the wrong room. At last they were able to verify my complaint. Valerie called back to say they could move my room. I reiterated to her that my desire was for me and my friends to not be penalized a second night if we left. Surely with a company as large as Coast Hotels, our measly 3 rooms could make such a difference. She quickly informed me this was not possible as each suite was privately owned and only managed by Coast Hotels. I would be allowed to leave but the 2 other families could not. Unfortunately we had carpooled and as we are not made of money, felt like we had to stay. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite (still no AC) and our parking was taken care of. Valerie later called to say that they had shown the "roach" to an exterminator and he thought it was a june bug. I have lived in BC for 37 years and have never seen a june bug like this. See photo attached. She told me it was unlikely a cockroach due to the environment that was Whistler. Tell me if I am wrong but in the unlikely event of a nuclear holocaust, I believe it would be the cockroach that would survive. We stayed the second night and checked out the next morning without issue or so we thought. About a week later my friend to whom the room was charged, was checking out her credit card statement and discovered a $64 charge. They had charged us the difference for the upgraded room. It was like adding insult to injury. I am not one to rant and rave about such things but the way in which this situation was handled was absolutely unacceptable. Had this happened at the Pan Pacific or the Fairmont, management would be bending over backwards to try and correct the situation. I have learned that you get what you pay for and will NEVER STAY HERE ever again. This is the first time I have ever written a review for a hotel good or bad but I felt compelled for the public to know what could possibly happen if you stay here. Hopefully this is a one off situation but please be aware how poorly this situation was handled.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I don't know why so many people are complaining about this hotel. My friend and I got a last-minute summer deal for $99/night (we booked about 5 days in advance on whistler.com) in a studio suite with kitchen, queen bed, double sofabed, and a fireplace.

Nice clean room, well-stocked kitchen, great view of trees, quiet, friendly helpful staff, lovely pool and hot tubs, and a quick and easy 10-minute hike down the ski hill to the village (or a free shuttle bus to the village running every 20 minutes from early morning til 1am).

I really appreciated the eco-friendly refillable large pump bottles of shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion -- never seen that before in a hotel (those little plastic bottles are so wasteful). I also appreciated the healthy breakfast with lots of options, and nice large indoor dining area plus outdoor patio tables for eating (with heat lamps!).

Great place for kids even though my friend and I don't have kids, and also great hotel if you want to bring your dog (it didn't stink like dogs so don't worry about that!).

I recommend this hotel, especially when there are last minute summer deals like what we got. In the winter, it would be great because you just put on your skiis, go out the back door and ski down the hill to the chair lift right at the bottom.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler? Share your experiences!