Well off the beaten path, Coast offers a slope-side location that no doubt is tremendous for ski season. The off-village location is a great summer getaway for those not eager to get into town and able to fend for themselves for food... The latter due to the hotel lacking a full kitchen/restaurant. Continental breakfast was included, with the standard fare - ok if over sweet pastries, cereals, apples/oranges, and a waffle station. For a place with no food service options, and for the price (free), perfectly adequate. A small canteen in the lobby offers packaged food (including dry pasta and sauces), which could easily be made in the "Whistler-standard" in room kitchenette.
Clean rooms and very attentive service, the hotel boasts one of the most affable, courteous and helpful staff we've encountered, with special attention going to Brydey at the front. If ever there were a 5-star calibre of guest service, she is it. Kudos and thanks!
The pool facility was clean and comfortable, the 'health club' spartan but empty - fairly standard hotel fare for a 'gym'.
Our room had a lingering smell of smoke, but only slightly (noticed but not bothered by)... Front desk offered up a cleaner to come put an ionizer in, and sent maintenance around to offer the same. The attention to service is spot on.
Only downsides were these:
The bed. Never have we slept on more firm (including waking up on a deflated air mattress on a rocky pad while camping). Really not a great sleep... May be a one-off, don't know. I'm certain if we called down it would have been taken care of though, one way or another.
The rooms are dated. The feel is certainly not 'motel' but the furnishings and decor are showing age, if we'll cared for. The place feels like a comfortable home rather than an amenity laden resort. If you're looking for a luxury resort, this will disappoint. If you're looking for creature comforts and feeling welcome with amazing service and comfortable relaxation 'away from it all', the Coast is a great choice.
The couch in the living room is obviously a pull-out, but they were still less comfortable than we'd prefer. A narrow seat with a hard ridge along the front... we'd hoped to spend more time on the couch with our wine, but found ourselves moving to the patio and kitchen instead.
What Brydey was to excellent customer service, her coworker this morning at checkout was to disinterested service. No asking how the night was, not really much of even a hint of a smile. Very 'going-through-the-motions' while obviously doing other things that needed to be done (stuffing the room-key holders with the little leaflets)... A little disappointing, especially on back of our previous experience.
As with much in life and hospitality, the Coast features a specific set of amenities and caters to a certain desire - if it's what you're after, they do it well. Just be sure to look at what's on offer and make sure it's all you need - do that and you'll have a wonderful stay.
***Whistler village offers a FREE bus service to the Village from literally steps outside the front door. NOT pet friendly, but a nice option if you choose to visit town and leave your car at the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Blackcomb Suites At Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Coast Blackcomb Suites At Whistler Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coast Blackcomb Suites is located ski-in, ski-out on Blackcomb Mountain, and offers a unique lodge-style setting. Complimentary breakfast, fully equipped kitchens, gas fireplaces and daily housekeeping are all included in your Coast Blackcomb Suites stay.Relax in the largest outdoor pool and hot tub of all Whistler hotels. Whether skiing in the winter, or golfing in the summer, our studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom hotel suites provide the ultimate in comfort and luxury for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.