I stayed at the Whistler Blackcomb this past winter, and while reporting that it is an adequate three-star hotel, it is not luxurious. It is adequate.
I highlight this because I booked my room with Whistler Blackcomb Central Reservations. I used the "Last Minute Deals" feature which has the to-be named hotel shown as and selling as a four-star hotel. It is only after full payment and confirmation, did I find out the name of the hotel -- Coast Blackcomb.
Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo.com, Hotels.com, TripAdvisor.com, Booking.com, Tingo.com and Pricline.com all show Coast Blackcomb as a three-star hotel.
When I returned home, I asked the Whistler Blackcomb Central Reservations about this star-rating discrepancy, and they told me they use the rating sytem of Whistler Tourism. They did tell me they would forward my comments for consideration, etc.
The rate I paid would have been good for a last-minute four-star hotel. I do not think it was a good rate or great "last minute" rate for a three-star hotel.
Comments on the Property:
It is outdated and run-down.
Hospitality at the Front Desk -- not good.
When I arrived I was exhausted and starving from traveling. When the Vancouver bus dropped me off at the front door, I immediately walked into the lobby looking for some bellman help. The lady at the front desk responded they did not have bellman service. When she saw my look of exasperation, she mentioned something about luggage carts and I now realize she used a term like "house-men" -- a term I was not familiar with. I got a luggage cart and brought my own bags to my room.
Later in the evening, I made contact with this same female about a late checkout the next day.
She told me I needed to call Housekeeping in the morning. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels, and I know that you call the front desk to request a late checkout. Sure enoughs, later that evening when I returned from town, I noticed that some young fellows were at the front desk.
I asked them if they could add an hour to my check-out time; in less than 60 seconds, the mission was accomplished. I should add I arrived during mid-week, not on a weekend, when check-ins and check-outs can get very busy.
Score for the front desk -- not very good.
Location is not great. It is not near any restaurants or grocery stores. They have a closet from which they sell snacks -- from what I could tell, chips, etc. Nothing very appealing after a long day of travel.
Pet-Friendly - yes. They are pet friendly. I, for precise reasons, do not like staying at hotels which permit pets. On a funny note, they had a glass jar containing "cookies" on the end table near the couch. I would have given anything for them to be complimentary cookies for humans -- they were dog biscuits!
A positive note -- they do have ski in/ski out from the back door.
Another positive is that the shuttle to the town, restaurants, grocery stores, and the slopes does run frequently -- probably every 20 minutes, maybe a little longer in the evening.
Not Walkable -- It is really misleading for anyone to post that you can walk to town or to the slopes.
I have never seen anyone walk it and certainly not in temperatures below 30 Degrees Farenheit, with winds and snow...ridiculous.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Blackcomb Suites At Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Coast Blackcomb Suites At Whistler Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coast Blackcomb Suites is located ski-in, ski-out on Blackcomb Mountain, and offers a unique lodge-style setting. Complimentary breakfast, fully equipped kitchens, gas fireplaces and daily housekeeping are all included in your Coast Blackcomb Suites stay.Relax in the largest outdoor pool and hot tub of all Whistler hotels. Whether skiing in the winter, or golfing in the summer, our studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom hotel suites provide the ultimate in comfort and luxury for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.