“My aching muscles thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 89 Activities in Whistler
More attraction details
Owner description: This spectacular 20 000 sq ft outdoor spa nestled on 3 acres of land and overlooking Whistler’s incredible landscape offers the Scandinavian baths experience, also known as hydrotherapy. Renowned for their energizing and relaxing properties, the baths cleanse the skin, improve physical conditioning and promote a sense of well-being. For the ultimate relaxation the Scandinave Spa offers Swedish, Sports, Deep tissue, Thai Yoga and Hot stone massage in its 14 room massage pavilion.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Pemberton
“My aching muscles thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Being a Whistler local I had been excited about visiting the new Scandinave Spa since it’s opening during the Olympics.... I was thrilled to finally take an afternoon and give my body some much needed R&R. I had spent the whole day in the bike park and was stoked to know that after beating my body up all day, I still had plenty of time to reap the full benefits of the spa. Not only was I pleasantly surprised to find such amazing staff, but I could not believe the amazing views on site. After a long day of riding, the steam bath was just what the doctor ordered; I did a few rounds of the recommended hot, cold, relax and was amazed at how relaxed my muscles actually felt. The following day I didn't even get any of that lingering muscle soreness that usually accompanies the first day in the bike park. Me and my aching muscles thank you!

• Korean first
New Brunswick, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Took a day trip from Vancouver to Whistler, when we arrived it was rainy and cloudy - so we decided to change our plans of taking the gondola to spending the afternoon at the Scandinave Spa. The facilities were immaculate and was 4 hours of pure relaxation with a great view of the mountains. At $55 per person it is not cheap but we were not disappointed. The only knock was the parking is a bit of a distance to the entrance.

Vancouver
“WOW... That was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I have been to Whistler many times before, I was amazed to hear that there was something different to do outside the village. I must admit my friend and I were a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews on this site. I would like to clarify... the site is beautiful:) It is so clean and the atmosphere is amazing right from the moment you have parked your car...ok... so the road there is a bit rough but nothing crazy its 1km from the hwy... geesh its not as though its 4X4 access ... at least its being maintained you can avoid the pot holes if you drive slow.
The staff is super friendly and genuine... they give you a run down of the spa and make you feel very welcomed...& you get an apple too!!! kudos to them :)
We did have massages (a couples massage actually) and it was awesome I felt like mellow jello!
I did bring by towels up from the change room, I do think a bin down there would be a nice touch...again no big deal to walk them up the stairs
If you are wondering if you should visit ... you should....

P.S - To the writer that apparently hated this place but seems to know exactly how long the sauna window had been broken for .....you will be pleased to know ITS FIXED :) and its not a Japanese spa, nor is it the Four seasons,,,, if you want the four seasons you can go and pay for it....if you want coffee there are about 25 places in town... how much coffee do you need???

Vancouver
“Awesome way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We spent the day today at Spa Scandinave. We didn't get a massage, just did the baths, but I feel just as relaxed as if I had.
I truly don't understand the negative reviews. Of course it is out of the village (5 minute drive). If it was in the village it would be noisy and cramped. There is NO space near the village with this amount of space and views...
The staff were great, the pools were warm enough even for my wife, who gets cold in the shade in July!!
We would agree that tea in the relaxation rooms would be nice, but it's not a Starbucks, you go to the spa for relaxation, not coffee!
The walk through the woods from the parking (maybe 50") is very nice; it's nature, why must we pave everything. If anything, icy pavement is more slippery than a gravel path..

Beautiful setting

Vancouver, BC
“Early Days - Not all it's made out to be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I was excited to hear about a New Spa in Whistler.

Staff are not all friendly. Sauna is nice but I wonder why one of the widows has been broken (large crack in the glass) and not replaced has been like this for 2 weeks already.

The hot pools are okay very similar to those you find in any hotel nothing to write home about.

All hot tubs and cold tubs use Chlorine instead of Ozone. Don't expect a Japanese style spa or anything close to it.

They have cut too many corners with this place.

No Espresso, No Complementary Tea

Location is too far away from the village.

Road to access the SPA is gravel and rough. Don't expect this place to be around long term.

They even ask you to bring your dirty towels upstairs instead of leaving them in the changing rooms. Not 5 Star that is for sure.

The whole place just felt cheap. Not worth the money. It's not 5 star in anyway.

Try and explain that to the staff. Also they keep turning down the heat in the changing rooms and pools to save money.

The massage was good but lets face it. Who wants to travel so far for a massage. The massage in the Four Seasons was Great.

I guess depends what you like. Also what is with all the french magazines. Just a little over the top.

----
All hot tubs and cold tubs use Chlorine instead of Ozone. They have cut too many corners with this place.

No Espresso, No Complementary Tea

Location is too far away from the village.

The whole place just felt cheap. Not worth the money. It's not 5 star in any way.