“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler

You added The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler to your Saves list
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed at the Westin Whistler for 10 days and every part of the experience was amazing! The food at the Grill and Vine was delicious (portions are huge). The ski valet pick up at the ski in slope was perfect as it meant we could go directly into town. The Fire Rock- the extension of our room really, comfortable with a great selection of drinks and good food, the bar staff Matty and Angus were definitely significant in making our stay memorable. Their customer service was amazing and had us going back every night. Lastly but definitely not least our room was spectacular the views could not have been better.
Highly recommend this hotel and Whistler.

• Stayed December 2014
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Shereenii,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing such a spectacular review. I sincerely appreciate your kind comments and am thrilled that we made such a memorable stay for you. I look forward to sharing your comments in our team meeting this morning. Happy holidays and I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I went to whistler for quick getaway and it was just another day without any surprises. We decided to stay Westin over other place because I am SPG member and as soon as I walked into room I realized that it wasn't the best decision. Room was outdated and had old ski resort condo atmosphere. Comparing to other hotels in Whistler this place wasn't better than any 3 star hotels. With comparison to other Westin's it was very poorly executed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear prezhong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry to hear that you were so unsatisfied with your stay. We aim to provide great value to our guest with our location, amenities, and service. We never want our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I would like you to contact me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com so I can make it up to you.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here with friends the first week of December.

WARNING: Do not visit this mountain before Dec 15th. I have been spoiled by Feb=Mar snow and only about a 1/4 of this mountain is open.

Check in was seamless. Everyone is extremely helpful. The free courtesy shuttle is awesome. Also appreciated the complimentary umbrellas.

We had a one BR suite and it was very comfortable. Nice seperate shower and tub. Small kitchen. Paid laundry on the floor if you need it. The beds are very comfortable although a bit small (I think its a full not a queen...my husband is 6'2" so....small bed). Nice gas fireplace in the room. Lots of great public space to lounge in.

HELPFUL HINT: Don't pay for wifi in the room. Just go down to the lobby and connect for free. :)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Flafreckles,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm so thrilled that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again in February or March when the mountain is fully open!

Hotel Manger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a Platinum SPG member I stay in many Westin Hotels around the world. I booked a suite for the weekend. The hotel is in a terrific location and the views are great. It is very dated however..and needs an update. The staff at check in and in the bar were really terrific.
The suite was so very small..the bed took up the entire bedroom. The room too was so 1990's. Very dated. Biggest issue for me was that the staff had no desire or ability to fix any of the multiple issues we had with room service. We wanted to snuggle in for the weekend so ordered many meals from room service. EVERY order was wrong, prepared poorly-once...they brought our breakfast from the buffet instead of cooking it to order!!! Every time we requested our issues to be rectified the poor staff had to "ask a manager" and get back to us. Not worth the money for sure...Four Seasons is the same price....service is superb and rooms are nice!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 142joyce,

I was very troubled to read your review, and am sincerely sorry you encountered these issues. If you felt we deserved a one-star review then we have certainly not done our job. I would like to make things right, and ask you to contact me personally at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com at your earliest opportunity.

Vancovuer, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was great here. The only issue i had was that the person working the front desk was somewhat clueless. I asked her a question and she said she was going to call me with an answer. the call never came yet when i walked by her later on she, on her own said she would call me..... No call....

Green Features: You can green your room and they give you a 5.00 credit per day or you can get starpoints in lieu of this.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear adamandtaly1,

Thank you for visiting! I'm so glad you had an enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for the lapse in service at the front desk. I'll follow up on the miscommunication. Happy holidays, and we hope to see you again soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I just came from a quick getaway to whistler. We decided against our better judgement to not stay at the chateaux (which is itself not that great). It was a disappointment to say the least. The hotel has no real charm. It feels like a quickly constructed condo building. Clean enough but without any substance. The name of the place is misleading as well. Because this place has no business being called a spa. The spa part feels more like a strip mall nail place with a couple massage tables tossed in the back. The waiting room is a joke and they don't even have change rooms on site. You're welcome to use the pool change rooms, a good distance away mind you. I had a massage and was told upon checking in that they don't have rmt's.
How do you offer a real massage without rmts? Bad place, bad embience, bad massage, and all for the great price of $160 for 50 mins. I normally would have walked out but it was a gift from my wife so I stayed. Won't be going back I can assure you. The room was large but dark and without any character. It would be sufficient for a family of four. The pool was so ridiculously small that it shouldn't be called a pool at all. There is an outdoor hot tub that might accommodate 6 people comfortably. This is a hotel that accommodates thousands of people! A 6 person hot tub? In the middle of ski season? Is that really the best you can offer? The fairmont has an infinitely better pool option. I suggest paying the extra money and getting a far better experience. We made the mistake of trying this place. We won't be trying it again.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear FrancisCornish,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review, but I was sincerely disappointed to read that you were so unsatisfied. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly, where I'm confident I can persuade you to give us another chance to put our best foot forward. At your earliest opportunity please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We went with a group to Whistler & all stayed here. The rooms were very nice with kitchenette & fireplace. The location was perfect, right in the village.There was only one problem. When we reserved we had to leave one credit card on file for the entire group. At check-in we all gave our individual credit cards to the receptionist. As we checked out we discovered that only incidentals (parking, room service, etc) were charged to the individual credit cards. The rooms were all charged to the person who held the group reservation, who had no idea that happened. It was a considerable amount as we had 12 rooms! Despite trying during check-out, apparently there was no way to reverse this process. It was an unfortunate ending to a great weekend as we all had to reimburse the person who incurred the charges. It still seems like an odd policy to me, since they had all of our credit cards prior to checking out.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Dear SusanB_222,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad your group had such a wonderful time in Whistler. Please accept my apologies for the miscommunication regarding billing. This shouldn't have happened, and I'm sorry for the extra work that was required to sort this out among yourselves. I hope your group can return again, I know our team will work with you in advance to ensure billing is perfect.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler? Share your experiences!