“Great property when going to Whistler...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler

You added The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler to your Saves list
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great property when going to Whistler...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We loved the Westin! It is in a perfect location at the end of the village. Staff was friendly, the hotel is well maintained, quiet and the rooms have plenty of nice touches. And the beds! Just "Heavenly". The rooms have a small kitchen that is fully stocked with micro, oven, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. The hotel also has washer and dryers I believe on every floor so bring quarters (they sell soap in your room $3 per pack). Some rooms have balconies so if that's important to you make sure you request ahead of time. We normally love to have a balcony and didn't know this hotel offered them so we didn't request. It wasn't a problem though because the room has a huge window and the windows open. Our room also had a gas fireplace and Starbucks coffee for the morning.

Make sure to try the restaurant on floor 1 for a really good breakfast or buffet.

The gym is small but has a great view of the pool. I think it's open 24 hours which is very convenient. Make sure you try their steam room which is located in the men's and women's locker rooms. Allow 10 minutes for it to warm up if you go early in the morning. Also, the pool lounge chairs are so comfortable. This hotel doesn't scrimp on the little extras that make a vacation enjoyable. I would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thanks Cheryl! We look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Our recent six night stay was exceptional. Our room was a two room suite including small kitchen area, extremely clean and comfortable. The room also included a small sitting patio area. Staff was helpful and accomodating. The only problem was of no fault of the hotel, room was on the first room level, while sitting in the den area with the door to the patio area shut, a young guy appeared door window peeping, fortunately it was locked. My wife scared him off and called security. The hotel was very concerned, had security contact my wife immediately, they looked to no avail and offered to move us to another room. It wasn't the hotel's problem, rather a people problem. The hotel reacted quickly and appropriately. Would we go back? You bet, great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for staying with us, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and give us a 5-star review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed for a week in a one bedroom suite at the Westin at Whistler. It had a fully stocked kitchenette with a fridge/freezer. Fridge was the same size as a motorhome fridge but half of it was the freezer, so the fridge space was small. Automatic ice maker was really nice. Kitchen was stocked with all cooking utensils we needed however only 4 setting of everything so we had to run the dishwasher every day. Housekeeping was excellent - very prompt when I requested more supplies (dishwasher tabs, coffee and towels). I did hear the people above us but it was the normal and acceptable floor noises. No "inappropriate for children" noises (wink wink) but that just depends on the individiual people above you.

Consierge desk people I dealt were with fabulous (Mike and Naomi). The gym was small but they had general equipment (you might have to slightly adjust your workout) but it was manageable. I cooked my own meals so don't know the prices of the Westin food prices. Summer activities are expensive so I did my own biking. Bike lockers are $6/bike/day so I didn't use them - just kept my bike locked in the truck. Parking was $30/day!! Expensive (but what in Whistler isn't expensive.) I also don't know the pricing on my stay as I wasn't paying for it. I could tell it would be expensive though. There isn't anything to do that's reasonably priced. Most things are around $150 plus tax. I did splurge for the peak to peak gondola with the BBQ dinner. It was pricey at $70 per person but you could ride up twice in that day and the view and food was really great the Roundhouse at the top of the Whistler gondola. Staff were very good, very friendly. When you're travelling to and staying in Whistler, you have to expect to hand out money to some extent. Shopping is expensive. Grocery store was a bit more expensive for some things - 4L milk was $5.50. I brought my own groceries so I didn't have that expense. The farmer's market was nice.

Kids - if your kids like biking and/or hiking then you could get away with not spending much on activities that include them. $63 for a lift pass for the downhill biking. There's 40 km of paved bike path that was nice. Activities are costly - in my opinion it would be very expensive to bring your family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
mitcfaw, General Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear LovinHockeyGal,

Thank you for staying with us! I truly appreciated reading your comments about your time in Whistler. It can be an expensive destination, but I hope we provided value with our all-suite rooms, convenient location, and high levels of service. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Westin was our homebase for the 2014 Ironman Canada event. Excellent staff - very attentive and professional. Good check-in, fast bag handling, not “overly-friendly” receiving staff which I appreciate. At one point our in-room phone was not working and we needed a 4:30am wake up call. We mentioned this to the maintenance person, and someone was knocking on our door at 4:30 the next morning.

Regarding our junior suite, it was small and bit dated with old cabin-style cabinetry, but quite comfortable. Clearly time for a facelift, though. Nice little gas fireplace and well equipped kitchenette. We were not able to cool the room adequately due to the fact that everyone was using the AC, and the system could not keep up. This property was built largely as a winter facility, so we assume it is an engineering issue, and likely not a common problem.

Some other general tidbits include pet-friendly, adequate but not over-the-top workout and pool facilities, nice common areas. Not much for kids at the hotel, but Whistler appears to be kid and family heaven with things to see and do and places to go. The Westin shopping plaza, advertised as one of the top in the area, is anything but. Many vacancies, with the remaining being pricey boutiques and a n art gallery or two. Perhaps this is just a summer season issue, although with the mountain biking activity, summer certainly must be becoming an important season. No matter - shopping is everywhere just outside the doors.

If there is a compliant, it is prices, particularly with food and beverage. While the Whistler area is expensive, the Westin is "Beyond Categorie" as we say in cycling. Non-valet parking for our rental car at $30/day. Basic breakfast buffet at $35/person. Very limited entrée selection at the Vine and Grill dinner room (4) and very expensive. We can only assume that other guests may have felt the same, as the dining rooms seemed to have very little activity despite the fact that the hotel appeared to be very full. In-room snacks and low-end wine at 4-5 times retail prices. We realize that Whistler is a pricey get-a-way in general, but we got-a-way from the Westins prices (which means they generated no F&B revenue from us) and found better value and variety steps away in the village.

Dear Kevin and Pam,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay, although I would like to apologize that we missed a few beats. On your next visit to Whistler, please email me at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com and I will personally assist to ensure your next stay is memorable.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were clean and the late check-out was really appreciated. We stayed in a room at the end of one of the hallways which was super quite - perfect!
There is free wifi in the lobby only, which is a bit of a bummer. The Spa is also very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
mitcfaw, General Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Rachel! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Hongkong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

first i have to say location location location ! have previously stayed at upper village both at the fairmont and the four seasons, we decided to stay at the lower village this time - it turned out to a wise decision.

visiting whistler in the summer time, you really want to be near where all the actions taking place - yet, westin could still provide the peace of mind, being strategicly located at the end of main street and right beneath the mountain. needless mentioning, nice cozy villa setting, the famous westin bedding and really nice breakfast and dinner buffet.

westin's charm extends further with its staff, we were very lucky, greeted by Chanel at the front desk, both upon arrivng and checking out, her charming smile and attentiveness ensured us a wonderful weekend getaway. yet, westin is yr best bet for lower village. warm luxury.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for a perfect 5 review MXHK! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Bryce Beatty
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I love the location, in summer and winter! I have stayed mulitple times for skiing in winter and mtn biking in the summer. The hotel is located between a lane and the mountain, so you don't get any of the village nighttime noise (music, revelers). The Whistler Village Gondola is only a minute's walk from the hotel and also there is a mtn-run rental shop in the hotel which makes it convenient for rentals and valet is free if you rent with the shop, but you have to pay extra for valet if you have your own skis/board with you. It's an all suite hotel, so all room types have kitchens. The rooms are very clean and the front desk staff is super friendly. I also love their bell staff and shuttle drivers. Can't go wrong with the Westin. My only neg. comment is they have a few fees that can be annoying but as long as you are aware of them in advance, it's dealable. (parking, internet, equipment valet). Their restaurant has great food too! and they have wines on tap so you can try upper-end wines without having to purchase the whole bottle.

Room Tip: I recommend the views of the valley (out towards the street/golf club), you get a more open view.