“Nice hotel, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 52 hotels in Whistler
Elizabeth City, NC
“Nice hotel, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here one night, on the Rocky Mountaineer train trip. Loved the location. A huge hotel, experienced no service whatsoever. Good beds, nice bathroom and amenities. Great location, right at the base of a gondola.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1,020 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family, which includes, my husband, my two young boys and our two dogs, stayed at the Westin in Whistler as part of a stay-cation (we just live in Squamish). I don't think we are the typical guest of the Westin but we certainly did not feel that way. Every staff member made us feel like the only guests there. The crib was already in the room upon arrival, all the dog pillows and bowls were laid out for us. The valet and bellboy were so helpful in ensuring that all of our gear (which is a lot) was unloaded from the car and delivered. I really did not have to ask for one thing, it had already been done for me. We dined in the restaurant twice and both times the server ensured that our four year old had his food promptly, they played with him and made him feel at ease, which was unexpected at a non-family restaurant. Beyond the fact that the hotel is beautiful, I felt the staff is the true asset of this Westin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Hillary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It was truly a pleasure to welcome you and your family. Our goal is to ensure every guest leaves feeling better than when they first arrived, and I'm delighted to see we accomplished this for your family. We hope to have you back again very soon!

Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Whistler Westin as part of a weekend business function. We did not book or pay for the room, so I don't know the cost and can't assess "value". I've rated the room's value as "neutral" or "average" for that reason.

The hotel's location is convenient to the main part of Whistler village and the Whistler ski lifts. Check-in and check-out were both quick and easy. The staff were friendly and helpful, providing us with directions and advice when we asked for it. The rooms are typical of Whistler in that they are smallish, with a full kitchen and a gas fireplace. We were upgraded (so we were told at check-in) to a one-bedroom suite.

The parking fee is $31.50 (all in) per night. If I wasn’t getting the room for free, I would have strongly considered parking in the public lot. That said, the $31 charge was a little easier to take given that the hotel's wi-fi was included in the rate. While that is now the standard for business hotels, it isn't universal. On the other hand, the two domestic beers I took from the fridge resulted in a charge of over $17. That's not outrageous, but it's more than four times the retail cost.

If I have any complaints, one is that the bed seemed small. It may have been a queen, but it felt cramped. And as the bedroom was small, it felt cramped being in the bed or standing next to it. I also found that despite the full length blackout curtains, enough light got into the room around the edges to wake me up (and keep me up) earlier than I would have liked. That said, the window-covering was much better than I've seen. The bathroom was very well done. I particularly enjoyed the separate shower.

Subject to knowing the room rate, I would definitely consider Westin Resort & Spa the next time I stay in Whistler. But given the few, minor negatives and the inability to assess the value, I can only give this property a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Never knowing what to expect we arrived at The Westin Whistler and were pleasantly surprised , this hotel is beautiful and clean and well placed in Whistler village. The room was great balcony and all ..the room had a kitchenette well equipped if you wanted to cook your own meals or just have some foodstuff in the fridge...the room also has a gas fireplace which is great to use on those cool evenings, overall this hotel is a must stay and we are planning a return to this hotel but this time a longer stay.
The only pet peeve was that being it low season the hotel was quiet but the desk clerk gave us a room on the first floor and all we could see were trees, so we asked to change rooms and they did give us a better room with a view but i just wished they had done that from the start rather than making us go back with luggage in hand and beg for a better room, i figure the hotel is quiet why not give the customer a better room and ensure they have a great stay.
Other than that this hotel is no let down...book and enjoy a piece of heaven called Whistler, oh and if you can go to the open market on Sundays some of the best fruits and vegetables and local foods ...

Room Tip: Ask for a better room better than having to move again.
Dear lorna29,

It was a pleasure to welcome you for such a short stay! I fully agree that a longer visit is in order next time, you truly need more than a couple days to fully unwind in Whistler. We look forward to your next visit!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here two nights in June. Have stayed a number of other (nicer) places in Whistler. The location is great and the room was nice a quiet. Other than that - not what I expected.

Booked well in advance as an SPG Platinum member with a special request for upgraded room and some acknowledgement of wife's milestone birthday. "Upgraded" room was a very small one bedroom at the back of the hotel - even when I asked at check in, the only other option was a "village view" even though the place seemed quite empty. No acknowledgment of my request/wife/s birthday. Room was ok - but not what I expect of a 5 star hotel. More like a small apartment. Probably a good place for a ski weekend as it is within 2 minutes of the lifts, but for a romantic weekend away there are much better locations in Whistler.

Room Tip: Ask for a valley view room.
Dear Kwmeier,

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I'm disappointed to hear your stay was anything less than special and memorable, and I'd like to offer my apologies for that. We have processes in place where we should have recognized the occasion of your wife's birthday, and it appears a miscommunication occurred. We truly appreciate your business as a Platinum guest, and on your next visit I invite you to contact me directly at lisa.mccormick@westinwhistler.com so I can personally assist you with any special requests you have.

Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was at this hotel for a couple nights for a conference. The hotel is well located & it’s a minute walk to the Whistler Gondola/Peak 2 Peak & shopping.

The Westin Whistler is very nice inside – natural & cozy in keeping with the mountain lodge theme. Our room was a good size and it included a small kitchen in the entrance hallway. The kitchen was fully stocked – mini-fridge, sink, oven, stove, microwave & even a dishwasher! We didn’t have the opportunity to use the kitchen, but I could see where it would be very useful. The beds in the room were comfortable & there was a electric fireplace and sitting area with two chairs where you could relax and look at the beautiful mountain & village views. The hotel room was quiet, and we didn’t hear noise at night.

The pool is outdoors, but I found it to be a bit chilly compared to other outdoor mountain hot tubs I’ve been in. There is also an indoor & outdoor hot tub at the hotel. The pool closes at 10pm, however I made my way to the hot tub one night at about 9:45pm for a quick swim to find the doors locked. There was a courtesy phone nearby, so I called to ask if the pool was still open. The employee told me it was, then quickly came by to open the doors for me. I’m not sure if they close early to try to discourage people from coming in just before closing? I stayed until just after 10pm, but there was no one there to “kick me out”.

Most of our meals were at the hotel because of the conference, and I found the food & snacks to be quite good.

All staff we encountered at the hotel (front desk, concierge & housekeeping) were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Overall a very nice hotel, I would definitely stay again and recommend to others!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were completely amazed at the loft suite we stayed in at the Westin Whistler. This suite has GORGEOUS views of the village, and we felt immediately at home thanks to their friendly staff.

I would definitely recommend the Westin to anyone looking to stay in Whistler.

See you again soon!
-Nathalie & Eli

Room Tip: Get the loft suite for a perfect home away from home!
Dear Nathalie & Eli,

Thank you for staying with us! We're delighted you enjoyed your loft suite, they really are something special. We hope to welcome you both back soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler? Share your experiences!