My wife and I stayed at the Whistler Westin as part of a weekend business function. We did not book or pay for the room, so I don't know the cost and can't assess "value". I've rated the room's value as "neutral" or "average" for that reason.
The hotel's location is convenient to the main part of Whistler village and the Whistler ski lifts. Check-in and check-out were both quick and easy. The staff were friendly and helpful, providing us with directions and advice when we asked for it. The rooms are typical of Whistler in that they are smallish, with a full kitchen and a gas fireplace. We were upgraded (so we were told at check-in) to a one-bedroom suite.
The parking fee is $31.50 (all in) per night. If I wasn’t getting the room for free, I would have strongly considered parking in the public lot. That said, the $31 charge was a little easier to take given that the hotel's wi-fi was included in the rate. While that is now the standard for business hotels, it isn't universal. On the other hand, the two domestic beers I took from the fridge resulted in a charge of over $17. That's not outrageous, but it's more than four times the retail cost.
If I have any complaints, one is that the bed seemed small. It may have been a queen, but it felt cramped. And as the bedroom was small, it felt cramped being in the bed or standing next to it. I also found that despite the full length blackout curtains, enough light got into the room around the edges to wake me up (and keep me up) earlier than I would have liked. That said, the window-covering was much better than I've seen. The bathroom was very well done. I particularly enjoyed the separate shower.
Subject to knowing the room rate, I would definitely consider Westin Resort & Spa the next time I stay in Whistler. But given the few, minor negatives and the inability to assess the value, I can only give this property a 4 out of 5.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel Whistler
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Whistler
- Westin Resort Whistler
- Westin Hotel Whistler
- Westin Whistler
- Whistler Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Whistler Village just yards from the gondolas and the slopes of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler is an all-suite, full-service conference hotel and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.