“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler

Save Saved
You added The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler to your Saves list
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 52 hotels in Whistler
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My son, my two minature pinschers and I have stayed at the Westin in Whistler from May 20 to 23, 2013. The hotel is dog friendly. When I was checkin, front desk staff offered treats to my min pins . Becasuse I did not want to leave the dogs at room to dine out, I ordered several times in room service. The food was well cooked and was delivered quickly. My room was facing east on trees, so it was very quite. We all had great sleeps. The hotel location is very convenient. It is not only ski in and ski out, but also is just a few minutes away from the Whistler trail system. When my son went to ski, I took the two min pins to walk on the trails for several hours. I have enjoyed my stay at the Westin in Whistler. I will come again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Ying C,

Thank you for sharing your comments! It was a pleasure to welcome you, your son, and your four-legged companions! We're delighted you had such a great time, we hope to see you all again soon!

1,102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

What a great hotel - location, facilities and a welcoming staff. There are plenty of resorts to choose from, all adding their own touch, however the Westin just makes things look and feel better. Must check out the health club with sauna, fitness room, steam and indoor / outdoor all-year round pool. Great bar atmosphere and well presented food at the local restaurant.
The only negative part was getting to the rooms as there are two towers, with the elavators going to select floors only - other than that, it's brilliant.
Location couldn't be better; right on the doorstep of Whistler Village.
We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: Book a suite - even comes with an oven!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for staying with us! We're delighted you had such an enjoyable time in Whistler, and we truly appreciate your kind comments about the resort. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

North Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin in Whistler from Thursday to Monday over the May long weekend. The hotel is beautiful and gives easy access to Whistler Village from the northeast side near the Whistler Village Gondola. You can walk just about anywhere from this location.

Originally, we were in a very nice room on the East 5th floor which had an adjoining door to a room with another family of no acquaintance. Our neighbors were boisterous and excited (who wouldn't be as a kid in Whistler?) and we could hear their conversations through the adjoining door. We were a couple with no children set in close proximity to a family with lively teens. This made it difficult to relax -- which is what we really needed, even though this was a working vacation. So we approached reception with a request for a room change with our fingers crossed.

I'm sure that under normal circumstances, a room change would not be that difficult. But this was a fully sold out and busy May long weekend. Despite this, they took the time to help us relocate to a more suitable and "quiet" suite. The suites at the Westin are spacious and beautifully appointed and our stay was thereafter peaceful and very relaxing. Needless to say, we were very grateful. We had a nice patio and kitchenette, which made the stay even more comfortable.

The rooms are very clean and our room was fresh and odor free. On the topic of clean -- the Westin has a "Make a Green Choice" program which allows you to opt out of housekeeping to conserve water, etc. In exchange for your green choice, they give you a $5 voucher to participating food/beverage outlets or Starpoints for each night that you decline housekeeping. We didn't know about the program but we declined housekeeping anyway - for green reasons. It wasn't until the third night that I noticed the Make a Green Choice doorhanger under the TV remote and hung it on the door. Whoops!

Our encounter with staff in all areas of the hotel was positive. A friendly and polite staff member (Stephanie) called the room at the midpoint of our booking to see if we had everything we needed and were comfortable and happy with our stay. What great customer service! I explained that we did not know about their green program but had not utilized the housekeeping service on the previous days. She was very nice and gave us credit for the Make a Green Choice program which I appreciated. :)

The in-house dining at the Aubergine Grille and FireRock Lounge provide delicious fresh food and beverages in a comfortable atmosphere. If you just wanted to enjoy the spa and the amenities of the hotel alone, you would have a very enjoyable Whistler stay. Overall, this was a great holiday and we will stay at the Westin again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great hotel
Was there for a dance competition. The rooms are great - love the kitchen perfect for quick meals between dances. The beds are comfortable and hotel is well looked after. All the things you would expect in a good hotel. But what put this over the top was the service from the staff. From cleaning to desk everyone was very helpful and went out of there way to make sure the stay was a great one.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear propertytaxman,

Thank you for staying with us for the Peak Dance competition! It was a pleasure to welcome you, and we're delighted our team went above and beyond to make your stay more memorable. We hope to see you again soon!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Beautiful resort. Great, clean rooms with fireplaces. Fantastic pool. It was half inside and half outside. The hotel also had access right into the Whistler Village. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Westin Whistler is truly a great place which I highly recommend to all my friends and loved ones! Very comfortable beds, ideal location and kind service. Our suite had a well equipped kitchen and a wonderful mountain view. Thanks to Westin, we had a perfect and peaceful vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear markvincent28,

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to have you back again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Think twice before booking with the Westin Whistler if flexibility is what you need. I haven't stayed there yet but tried to cancel a night or two 10 days in advance only to see that they had already charged my credit card. I didn't realize with my group rate we recieved with a dance competition that there were all these stipulations. It was in my confirmation at the bottom of my email that was stored in my inbox for several months. My error completely, but my disapointment is with their flexibility and service in returning my calls or anything. It took me three calls and an email to finally have the manager return my call. I've tried to get others to use the room, but was initially told I couldn't switch the names. Then told that they wouldn't refund mine and charge theirs even though they would be adding additional days to my booking. Unfortunately the room is too small for them now and the hotel can't put them in a bigger room because it's sold out for one of the nights. On top of this I wish I had chosen another hotel as there seems to be no benefit to our group rate. Price is cheaper now, and no flexibiity. Several in our group have had difficulty with their bookings and have had the same follow up, or lack thereof. So now I'm stuck with a $550 bill for one night's stay!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Jen V,

Thank you for taking the additional time to work with Suzy, our Reservations Manager, to revise your reservation. We appreciate your understanding in honouring the group reservation policies in place and are glad we were able to reach a resolution. We look forward to welcoming you this weekend and we wish your daughter the best of luck in the competition!

Andrew Misquitta
Rooms Division Director

Been to The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler? Share your experiences!