Our first visit to Whistler so lets start from the beginning:
The trip was organised by Select Ski, an operator we have used before and who I cannot recommend highly enough. Janine Nathan, who heads up the company, can organise everything at prices lower than you can arrange yourself online but tailored to your own individual needs and wishes, including very short notice purchase of BC league ice hockey match tickets in Vancouver for five members of our party who just fancied a different experience. If you want to ski North America save yourself a whole lot of hassle and let this company do it all for you.
Flights are flights but at least we had a choice of carriers, either Air Canada or BA.
Private transfers from Vancouver to Whistler recommended and avoided any delays/hanging around airports when tired from travelling.
Arrival at the Westin: First impressions, nice lobby, helpful staff, concise and useful information and rapid access to the room. We stayed in a two bedroom connecting suite being a family of five and it was perfect, comprising of two units with a connecting door between them. You therefore get two entrances, two full bathrooms, one room with a really comfortable massive bed, a two ring hob, full oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher and pull out sofa bed. The other area has the same kitchen facilities and lounge but also has a small dining table which easily sits five, the pull out in a separate lounge area, a small balcony and a double bedroom just off.
We managed to cook full Sunday roasts, steak dinners and all our breakfasts with no problems at all. Daily housekeeping, provided by Emily was courteous, friendly and efficient and a real bonus to the trip and as far as I could see the staff timed their service to when you were out.
The pool was great and our kids really enjoyed it and the gym was small but well equipped. Sauna and steam rooms nice but only one outside hot tub-possibly the only negative comment for this hotel.
Restaurant really good with a nice atmosphere but eclipsed by the bar which gives great service, really good food in a laid back but still quite upmarket atmosphere. The valet ski service is phenomenal meaning that if you're a 'valet dad' like me then all your work is done for you. Also linked to the ski rental outlet meaning no walking around picking up/switching out gear.
I bought my wife and daughter a massage in the spa for St. Valentine's day and they both said that it was the best treatment they'd ever received.
More mundanely there is a laundry on every floor and free shuttle to any where in Whistler to get groceries etc.
Bottom line: great location, very convenient rental, valet ski service, very nice shared areas, great rooms and superb customer service. More expensive than some other locations but very much worth it and comes in at great value for a family skiing together.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel Whistler
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler Hotel
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Whistler
- Westin Resort Whistler
- Westin Hotel Whistler
- Westin Whistler
- Whistler Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Whistler Village just yards from the gondolas and the slopes of Whistler and Blackcomb mountains, The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler is an all-suite, full-service conference hotel and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.