My wife and I spent two nights there this past labour day weekend. we did get the hotel on points so I'm not really complaining - but I wanted to provide my thoughts on this hotel. we got a family suite with a full kitchen, a king size bed, and a sofa bed. it was right on the corner of the complex and we had a small balcony that overlooked right into the village.
- staff was extremely friendly and helpful
- the room was spacious, comfortable and would be great for a small family or a small group.
- the kitchen was small but sufficient with stove/oven, toaster oven, kettle, coffee maker, fridge, sink, small dish washer, washer/dryer (it's $2 per detergent package so if you plan on doing laundry bring your own or buy it from the grocery store there). it was equipped with some pots, plates, cups and utensils (we didn't cook during our stay but it looked like there was everything you needed to make some basic meals)
- the location is hard to beat if you want to be in the village and close to the action.
- two big tv's with all the channels you could want.
- they had a small outdoor heated pool (but we didn't use)
- they had a fitness room that seemed well equipped but it was small (we didn't use it)
- self parking is $24/night, but i guess this is pretty standard
- wifi was free but it was horribly slow and not really usable.
- one negative of the location is that you do hear some of the noise of people during the night after they leave the clubs but it wasn't anything that kept us up.
- no in room safe (what hotel doesn't have this?)
- king bed mattress was ok but sagged in the middle.
- the bathroom had everything you needed, tub/shower, one sink and toilet but it was tight and cramped. really couldn't have more than one person in there at a time.
in general, I would consider staying there again. especially if we have kids in the future or go with another couple. the regular price is not that crazy and the suite with the full kitchen is a plus. I don't know what other options there are in Whistler like this but for what you would pay and what you get, I would say it is reasonable. I would have given it a 4 star rating but just the small things like an in-room safe and the useless wifi kept me from doing so.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay.
It was great to hear that our service exceeded your expectations and you were pleased with our amenities within the hotel, however, we were disappointed that there were some areas within your experience that didn't meet your expectations.
We appreciate your feedback and use it to continuously improve our hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Whistler in the future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.