“Very Friendly and helpful Staff at the Delta Whistler!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Whistler Village Suites

You added Delta Whistler Village Suites to your Saves list
Delta Whistler Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4308 Main St., Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
York, United Kingdom
“Very Friendly and helpful Staff at the Delta Whistler!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very Friendly and helpful staff - especially Mark and Katharina Geyer - both of whom could not do enough for you!

Warm comfortable rooms - perhaps due refurbishment in a year or so - but comfortable non the same!

Close to slopes and village centre - the in house bar and steakhouse franchises have closed which was a negative - but there are ample bars close by!

All in all a great stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor with a pool view - definitely the better rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us.

I will be sure to let Mark and Katharina know that they made an impression on you.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked our accommodation via Canadian Affair in Glasgow, we arrived in Whistler to a very warm welcome from Stuart at the hotel who proved to be a knowledgeable resource for the area, the first point of contact is always important and Stuart cannot be faulted.

We had a couple of issues with the wrong room types being booked by our agent, the hotel staff at the front desk dealt with this very well for us, they provided a temporary solution and fully resolved the issues to our complete satisfaction with 24 hours.

The hotel rooms were excellent, the layout provided an open plan kitchen (which had a dish washer and a full washer and dryer) dining table for four along with a lounge area with a three person sofa and a single arm chair. We had a full bathroom with bath and overhead shower, plenty of hot water at hand. Our room had a separate bedroom with a very comfortable double bed. The room also had a small balcony that overlooked the pool area.

We made use of the hotels gym, swimming pool, hot tubs and sauna, none of which suffered from over crowding during our stay.

There is a free shuttle service to the slopes which was very well run, however we only used it on two occasions as the short walk to the gondola served as a gentle warm up in the mornings.

All in all we would highly recommend this hotel for a two week vacation in Whistler, it is within easy walking distance of all amenities.

Thanks to all the staff who made our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Breakfast was DIY in our room as we had the full kitchen hence the five stars. If you have any probl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience her on this site.

I am very pleased that the employees as well as Stuart made an impact on your stay and we were able to resolve any challenges you encountered upon arrival.

We hope you can stay with us the next time you come back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked our stay through ski independence (UK) having had a good experience with this company before. It was a deal that included flights and discounted ski pass and hire and was booked last year. We flew Air Canada ( we were impressed) which meant we arrived in Whistler very late by UK time. We received a warm friendly welcome and were taken to our rooms by a very cheerful chap who made us feel at home immediately. We gratefully sank into very comfortable beds and went on to enjoy a fantastic stay. We pre-ordered food from Nestors supermarket which was delivered pre arrival so we had breakfast sorted for the first few mornings. The hotel restaurant was horribly expensive so we never used it. The pool and hot tubs were perfectly fine the gym was also used by our group and had enough in it to be useful. We pre- hired skis which were ready to collect on the first morning. the hire shop here is small, better selection at the Summit shop near the lifts. it was perfectly acceptable to rent from either and leave skiis in either at the end of the day. swapping skiis for different pairs if they did not suit was also easy. the skiis were good despite being end of season. The shuttle to the slopes was very good. Edna is a star! We also walked a number of times both ways. This was fine for us, probably challenging with small kids at the end of the day! It was lovely to be in town, but not right by the lifts which is noisy with après ski bars. Rooms were quiet on 6th floor of block 1, with a nice view over to the mountains. Warm enough to sit on the balcony at the end of the day. The rooms are perfectly fine. Yes, they are slightly dated if you want to focus on the decor but had everything we needed. We were warm, had Lots of hot water and our room was cleaned and tidied every day. Two couples in a two bed suite with two bathrooms was fine. Enough privacy and space. The sofa bed is really not much of an option, but maybe fine for small children. Free Wifi was very Welcome.
Overall, very happy with the experience and would certainly return, if the deal was right.
Thank you to all the staff at the delta suites, you do a great job.

Room Tip: Level 6 block 1 was fine. Corner rooms look to be the largest. Overlooking pool maybe quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear UK guest,

Thank you for your detailed review on this website. Very happy to pass on that Edna ( Shuttle Driver) provided great service as well as the other employees you encountered during your stay.

We do hope you visit Whistler again in the future and we certainly would be happy to have you stay with us on your next visit.

Best Regards

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very very friendly and helpful staff. We were two couples and booked a one bedroom suite with an extra pull out sofa bed in the living room. Our room was as advertised but small. After the first night (when rooms became available) the front desk moved us to another room - the same grade but as it was a corner room it was considerably bigger. The kitchenette was a bonus, clean and well equipped. NB if you are going to self cater get food in Vancouver - the supermarkets in Whistler are very expensive. Room service was excellent and we got a late check out for free. On ground floor there were three hot tubs and a small pool. Ski storage in the ski shop on ground floor was useful but staff occasionally not as happy as the rest of the hotel staff. A ski shuttle took us to the slopes (even though it was only a 5 minute walk). Only major negative of the hotel and its central location was the noise from the street - even with windows closed - bring some ear plugs and it wont be a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for a bit more room at the same price
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us.

Happy that we were able to provide you with what you needed throughout your stay. Sorry that the ski shop did not provide the same kind of service that the rest of the hotel did during your stay with us. I will be following up with our partnering ski shop managers as we strive to have a seamless experience for our guests.
I see that the noise on the village stroll kept you up at times, we do have security that patrol these areas and do our very best to limit the noise of passing patrons after quiet times. Certainly not an ideal sleeping experience.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and hope you will come again soon to stay with us.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is a bit tired now and needs a revamp! I've stayed in lots of other hotels in Whistler and would not be staying at Delta again, unless it was for free or a huge price drop from other surrounding properties and I was desperate!

The suite was a one bedroom suite and was very disappointing. It was dated and the sofabed in the living room was ridiculously uncomfortable. The mattress was pretty much non-existent and I was not convinced that the bedding was clean! It was cold overnight and there was only a sheet on the bed, so I went to the closet to get out the spare bedding which is used for the sofabed. I opened up the plastic bag containing the (thin and itchy) blanket and spread it over the bed, only to find that there were huge moth holes all over it! When I say huge I do not exaggerate! It made me itch just looking at it! I quickly removed it from the bed and my friend asked reception for a new blanket. Clearly none of the spare bedding in the closets get changed or checked and it looked as though it had been in there, untouched for months! When the replacement blanket came up I spread it out over the bed and there were no holes, hoorah! However, as I spread it out I noticed writing on it...Yes it seems they had given me an old hospital blanket! The words HOSPITAL were written in huge letters over the blanket! Eugh!

The room was OK, the sofabed was the main issue and also the cooker was not in full working order and the hotel really needs to check the spare bedding frequently...oh and not give out hospital blankets...it's a vacation, I'm not sick!

The location is pretty good, but that can be said of most of the hotels in Whistler as it's so small! Look for somewhere else, especially if you need to use the sofabed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your stay with us.

It looks like your overall stay did not at all meet expectations and I am truly sorry that you encountered an issue with the sofa bed and blankets.

I will be following up with our Housekeeping department as well as our partnering laundry cleaning company in regards to the " Hospital" blanket and holes in the orignal blanket provided in your closet. These are basic expections for us and is not acceptable to us.

I am excited to let you know that all Delta Hotels will be renovating by the end of 2015 with a consistent look and feel across our chain. This will include us replacing our sofa beds and furnishings in the room.

Again, I am very sorry for your experience and will be working to ensure that this does not occur for anyone else.

Warmest Regards

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed to check in last minute so called the hotel and was quoted $200 plus and this they said was the best they could do. I checked expedia and got it for $135. Found out at check in that reservations would have matched the online price if I had asked but now it was too late and they also wouldn't credit my privilege account since I booked with expedia. Bummer.
The place is needing a facelift. It's looking tired. Old style furniture and finishing. Laminate countertops and the such. Just stayed at the Delta's in Victoria and Kelowna and these are beautiful properties and more reasonably priced. The room did have central air and a very comfortable bed. It was very clean but does need an update.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us. We do our best to match any online price that is advertised and I do apologise for any mix up that may have occurred when booking as the variances of the prices quoted from online and the desk are a great one.

Certainly would love the opportunity to chat with you so that I may be able to follow up what went wrong.

I am happy to say that Delta Hotels are embarking on an extensive renovation project that will have all hotels fully renovated by the end of 2015.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please don't hesitate to contact me directly regarding your booking experience.

alex.thorne@deltahotels.com

Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I checked into the hotel around 7pm on a Thursday night, for a 3-nigh long weekend stay. The valet was nowhere to be seen, and there didn't appear to be self-parking that we could find, which was a bit frustrating.

The front desk staff was friendly and informative. We had reserved a 1-bedroom deluxe suite, and there really wasn't anything "deluxe" about it. The bathroom had an odd layout, as it could be accessed from the main living area, and the bedroom. The tub/shower was separated from the sink/toilet by a door, which made it awkward.

The kitchen was very well equipped (toaster, tea kettle, cuttlery, dishes, pots/pans) which was very nice.

We had a balcony that overlooked the pool, and had a partial mountain view. As we were on a lower floor you couldn't see much of the mountain.

The location was okay. Easy walking distance to everything. But, carrying the skiis through the village was tough at the end of a long day on the hill. They do have a ski shuttle, but I thought that would just take too much time.

Overall the hotel was decent. However, for the price I had hoped for something nicer. I walked past a Holiday Inn that looked just as nice, and those are usually rather basic. If you can get a great deal I would recommend this hotel, otherwise you should shop around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.

Sorry that we were not there to welcome you at the front door upon arrival. We do our best to ensure that there is always someone present in the lobby or outside waiting for you.

Our shuttle does run every day and returns to the hotel every 8 min to pick up guests to and from the ski hill and hotel.

Our Deluxe rooms are inclusive of the best views of the Whistler as well as offering a few extras in the bathrooms for your comfort.

I know you have lots of choices when staying at hotel, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again sometime and certainly feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I could do to ensure that you have everything you need for any future stay

alex.thorne@deltahotels.com

Been to Delta Whistler Village Suites? Share your experiences!