“Helpful friendly staff - relatively good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Whistler Village Suites

Save Saved
You added Delta Whistler Village Suites to your Saves list
Delta Whistler Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4308 Main St., Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
“Helpful friendly staff - relatively good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very very friendly and helpful staff. We were two couples and booked a one bedroom suite with an extra pull out sofa bed in the living room. Our room was as advertised but small. After the first night (when rooms became available) the front desk moved us to another room - the same grade but as it was a corner room it was considerably bigger. The kitchenette was a bonus, clean and well equipped. NB if you are going to self cater get food in Vancouver - the supermarkets in Whistler are very expensive. Room service was excellent and we got a late check out for free. On ground floor there were three hot tubs and a small pool. Ski storage in the ski shop on ground floor was useful but staff occasionally not as happy as the rest of the hotel staff. A ski shuttle took us to the slopes (even though it was only a 5 minute walk). Only major negative of the hotel and its central location was the noise from the street - even with windows closed - bring some ear plugs and it wont be a problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for a bit more room at the same price
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us.

Happy that we were able to provide you with what you needed throughout your stay. Sorry that the ski shop did not provide the same kind of service that the rest of the hotel did during your stay with us. I will be following up with our partnering ski shop managers as we strive to have a seamless experience for our guests.
I see that the noise on the village stroll kept you up at times, we do have security that patrol these areas and do our very best to limit the noise of passing patrons after quiet times. Certainly not an ideal sleeping experience.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and hope you will come again soon to stay with us.

Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is a bit tired now and needs a revamp! I've stayed in lots of other hotels in Whistler and would not be staying at Delta again, unless it was for free or a huge price drop from other surrounding properties and I was desperate!

The suite was a one bedroom suite and was very disappointing. It was dated and the sofabed in the living room was ridiculously uncomfortable. The mattress was pretty much non-existent and I was not convinced that the bedding was clean! It was cold overnight and there was only a sheet on the bed, so I went to the closet to get out the spare bedding which is used for the sofabed. I opened up the plastic bag containing the (thin and itchy) blanket and spread it over the bed, only to find that there were huge moth holes all over it! When I say huge I do not exaggerate! It made me itch just looking at it! I quickly removed it from the bed and my friend asked reception for a new blanket. Clearly none of the spare bedding in the closets get changed or checked and it looked as though it had been in there, untouched for months! When the replacement blanket came up I spread it out over the bed and there were no holes, hoorah! However, as I spread it out I noticed writing on it...Yes it seems they had given me an old hospital blanket! The words HOSPITAL were written in huge letters over the blanket! Eugh!

The room was OK, the sofabed was the main issue and also the cooker was not in full working order and the hotel really needs to check the spare bedding frequently...oh and not give out hospital blankets...it's a vacation, I'm not sick!

The location is pretty good, but that can be said of most of the hotels in Whistler as it's so small! Look for somewhere else, especially if you need to use the sofabed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your stay with us.

It looks like your overall stay did not at all meet expectations and I am truly sorry that you encountered an issue with the sofa bed and blankets.

I will be following up with our Housekeeping department as well as our partnering laundry cleaning company in regards to the " Hospital" blanket and holes in the orignal blanket provided in your closet. These are basic expections for us and is not acceptable to us.

I am excited to let you know that all Delta Hotels will be renovating by the end of 2015 with a consistent look and feel across our chain. This will include us replacing our sofa beds and furnishings in the room.

Again, I am very sorry for your experience and will be working to ensure that this does not occur for anyone else.

Warmest Regards

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed to check in last minute so called the hotel and was quoted $200 plus and this they said was the best they could do. I checked expedia and got it for $135. Found out at check in that reservations would have matched the online price if I had asked but now it was too late and they also wouldn't credit my privilege account since I booked with expedia. Bummer.
The place is needing a facelift. It's looking tired. Old style furniture and finishing. Laminate countertops and the such. Just stayed at the Delta's in Victoria and Kelowna and these are beautiful properties and more reasonably priced. The room did have central air and a very comfortable bed. It was very clean but does need an update.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us. We do our best to match any online price that is advertised and I do apologise for any mix up that may have occurred when booking as the variances of the prices quoted from online and the desk are a great one.

Certainly would love the opportunity to chat with you so that I may be able to follow up what went wrong.

I am happy to say that Delta Hotels are embarking on an extensive renovation project that will have all hotels fully renovated by the end of 2015.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please don't hesitate to contact me directly regarding your booking experience.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I checked into the hotel around 7pm on a Thursday night, for a 3-nigh long weekend stay. The valet was nowhere to be seen, and there didn't appear to be self-parking that we could find, which was a bit frustrating.

The front desk staff was friendly and informative. We had reserved a 1-bedroom deluxe suite, and there really wasn't anything "deluxe" about it. The bathroom had an odd layout, as it could be accessed from the main living area, and the bedroom. The tub/shower was separated from the sink/toilet by a door, which made it awkward.

The kitchen was very well equipped (toaster, tea kettle, cuttlery, dishes, pots/pans) which was very nice.

We had a balcony that overlooked the pool, and had a partial mountain view. As we were on a lower floor you couldn't see much of the mountain.

The location was okay. Easy walking distance to everything. But, carrying the skiis through the village was tough at the end of a long day on the hill. They do have a ski shuttle, but I thought that would just take too much time.

Overall the hotel was decent. However, for the price I had hoped for something nicer. I walked past a Holiday Inn that looked just as nice, and those are usually rather basic. If you can get a great deal I would recommend this hotel, otherwise you should shop around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.

Sorry that we were not there to welcome you at the front door upon arrival. We do our best to ensure that there is always someone present in the lobby or outside waiting for you.

Our shuttle does run every day and returns to the hotel every 8 min to pick up guests to and from the ski hill and hotel.

Our Deluxe rooms are inclusive of the best views of the Whistler as well as offering a few extras in the bathrooms for your comfort.

I know you have lots of choices when staying at hotel, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again sometime and certainly feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I could do to ensure that you have everything you need for any future stay

Vancouver BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time staying at the Delta and we likely won't stay again, not due to staff or service, but because the price didn't reflect the quality we expected in a Delta room. At nearlty $300 per night for a one bedroom suite with kitchen, it was a bit steep. Wireless internet did not work and air conditioning system was in need of a tune up. Rooms that have not been updated are average in decor and layout and in some places there is food and marks on walls in kitchens and bathrooms of questionable origin. Pluses of this hotel are staff, who are excellent in terms of service provided as well as the location is cental and a regular shuttle is offered to get to the base of the mountain.

Room Tip: Stick to rooms away from the bottom floors on the vilalge side. Garfinkels night club is in the base...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this site. I am happy that our employees provided friendly service to you during your stay.

I am concerned about the details that you have mentioned in regards to cleanliness in your room.

If you get this message I would really like it if you could send me an email letting me know what room you stayed in during your stay so I can properly look into why your room was not prepared accordingly. In addition, I would like to find out about your internet issues so that I can follow up with our teck support.

Again, Thank you for your feedback and I do hope you can contact me.

Hope to talk soon

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

In Whistler for staff meetings. Rooms were a good size and everyone was comfortable with having a suite. Well appointed kitchen and washer/dryer in suite would be very useful if staying for more than a few days. Staff were very accomodating and very helpful with room set-up and checking luggage.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the sound of ski boots thumping down the hall. Rooms closer to the elevator will ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
As one of the managers of this hotel. I am proud to be a part of a team that truly does have amazing staff.

This is just one of the great reasons that people continue to come back over and over again.

Without our great employees we are just another hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us on this site and we hope to see you back again soon.

Best Regards

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our travel agent was good enough to book us a 2-bedroom suite that was far from the club that's located under part of this hotel. Our room was super quiet and nicely furnished - nothing fancy but nice and clean. The staff could not have been nicer. The hot tubs, both outside and inside, we're always hot and pleasant. The shuttle that the hotel offers for the short distance to the gondolas was frequent and reliable. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building 2 away from the night club.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Boston Guest,

Thank you for your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to talk about the employees as well as the room you had while staying with us. Value is an important factor in many peoples reason to book a hotel and we appreciate you letting others know about your stay.

I hope you can come back again from the East Coast at some point.

Best Regards

Alex

Been to Delta Whistler Village Suites? Share your experiences!