“Needs a facelift” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Whistler Village Suites

Save Saved
You added Delta Whistler Village Suites to your Saves list
Delta Whistler Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   4308 Main St., Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Vancouver
“Needs a facelift”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Needed to check in last minute so called the hotel and was quoted $200 plus and this they said was the best they could do. I checked expedia and got it for $135. Found out at check in that reservations would have matched the online price if I had asked but now it was too late and they also wouldn't credit my privilege account since I booked with expedia. Bummer.
The place is needing a facelift. It's looking tired. Old style furniture and finishing. Laminate countertops and the such. Just stayed at the Delta's in Victoria and Kelowna and these are beautiful properties and more reasonably priced. The room did have central air and a very comfortable bed. It was very clean but does need an update.

• Stayed March 2013
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay with us. We do our best to match any online price that is advertised and I do apologise for any mix up that may have occurred when booking as the variances of the prices quoted from online and the desk are a great one.

Certainly would love the opportunity to chat with you so that I may be able to follow up what went wrong.

I am happy to say that Delta Hotels are embarking on an extensive renovation project that will have all hotels fully renovated by the end of 2015.

Again, thank you for your feedback and please don't hesitate to contact me directly regarding your booking experience.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Port Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I checked into the hotel around 7pm on a Thursday night, for a 3-nigh long weekend stay. The valet was nowhere to be seen, and there didn't appear to be self-parking that we could find, which was a bit frustrating.

The front desk staff was friendly and informative. We had reserved a 1-bedroom deluxe suite, and there really wasn't anything "deluxe" about it. The bathroom had an odd layout, as it could be accessed from the main living area, and the bedroom. The tub/shower was separated from the sink/toilet by a door, which made it awkward.

The kitchen was very well equipped (toaster, tea kettle, cuttlery, dishes, pots/pans) which was very nice.

We had a balcony that overlooked the pool, and had a partial mountain view. As we were on a lower floor you couldn't see much of the mountain.

The location was okay. Easy walking distance to everything. But, carrying the skiis through the village was tough at the end of a long day on the hill. They do have a ski shuttle, but I thought that would just take too much time.

Overall the hotel was decent. However, for the price I had hoped for something nicer. I walked past a Holiday Inn that looked just as nice, and those are usually rather basic. If you can get a great deal I would recommend this hotel, otherwise you should shop around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.

Sorry that we were not there to welcome you at the front door upon arrival. We do our best to ensure that there is always someone present in the lobby or outside waiting for you.

Our shuttle does run every day and returns to the hotel every 8 min to pick up guests to and from the ski hill and hotel.

Our Deluxe rooms are inclusive of the best views of the Whistler as well as offering a few extras in the bathrooms for your comfort.

I know you have lots of choices when staying at hotel, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again sometime and certainly feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I could do to ensure that you have everything you need for any future stay

Vancouver BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time staying at the Delta and we likely won't stay again, not due to staff or service, but because the price didn't reflect the quality we expected in a Delta room. At nearlty $300 per night for a one bedroom suite with kitchen, it was a bit steep. Wireless internet did not work and air conditioning system was in need of a tune up. Rooms that have not been updated are average in decor and layout and in some places there is food and marks on walls in kitchens and bathrooms of questionable origin. Pluses of this hotel are staff, who are excellent in terms of service provided as well as the location is cental and a regular shuttle is offered to get to the base of the mountain.

Room Tip: Stick to rooms away from the bottom floors on the vilalge side. Garfinkels night club is in the base...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this site. I am happy that our employees provided friendly service to you during your stay.

I am concerned about the details that you have mentioned in regards to cleanliness in your room.

If you get this message I would really like it if you could send me an email letting me know what room you stayed in during your stay so I can properly look into why your room was not prepared accordingly. In addition, I would like to find out about your internet issues so that I can follow up with our teck support.

Again, Thank you for your feedback and I do hope you can contact me.

Hope to talk soon

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

In Whistler for staff meetings. Rooms were a good size and everyone was comfortable with having a suite. Well appointed kitchen and washer/dryer in suite would be very useful if staying for more than a few days. Staff were very accomodating and very helpful with room set-up and checking luggage.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the sound of ski boots thumping down the hall. Rooms closer to the elevator will ha...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
As one of the managers of this hotel. I am proud to be a part of a team that truly does have amazing staff.

This is just one of the great reasons that people continue to come back over and over again.

Without our great employees we are just another hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us on this site and we hope to see you back again soon.

Best Regards

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Our travel agent was good enough to book us a 2-bedroom suite that was far from the club that's located under part of this hotel. Our room was super quiet and nicely furnished - nothing fancy but nice and clean. The staff could not have been nicer. The hot tubs, both outside and inside, we're always hot and pleasant. The shuttle that the hotel offers for the short distance to the gondolas was frequent and reliable. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building 2 away from the night club.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Boston Guest,

Thank you for your review and we really appreciate you taking the time to talk about the employees as well as the room you had while staying with us. Value is an important factor in many peoples reason to book a hotel and we appreciate you letting others know about your stay.

I hope you can come back again from the East Coast at some point.

Best Regards

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Five of us stayed in a newly renovated suite in the Delta. It was a surprisingly small suite. You wouldn't want to put anyone else in there. In theory you could put two people on the couch in the living room but it would be a tight squeeze. It was just right for 4 adults and a baby. The room was set up well despite the lack of space. The main problem we had was the noise at night. Our room was on the second floor across from what must have been a bar because you could hear bass thumping until 2am each night. That was without the windows open. I can't imagine how loud it would've been if we'd needed to open a window. We would not stay there again due to the noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sorry to hear that the noise from the outside village stroll did not help your nights sleep. We do our best to work with our local bars and clubs to ensure that the noise levels are kept to a minimum after hours. In addition we have our own security staff that will help mitigate any challenges in regards to noise during the night.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again and we could ensure that you are blocked away from the main village stroll.

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us as well as staying with us.

Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very nice 2 bedrooms suite, comfortable bed with two full bathrooms. Very nice staff and we appreciate a lot the shuttle to the slope. Everybody who works there were very quindly even the young couple at the ski storage.

The indoor parking is perfect for loading at the end of stay. It may be a little bit expensive.

One of my best ski vacation!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com

ATDELTAHOTELS, Manager at Delta Whistler Village Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Great Ski Vacation,

I will be happy to share the feedback about the employees with everyone and thank you for posting on this site to let others know about your experience.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Alex

Been to Delta Whistler Village Suites? Share your experiences!