“Great Hotel, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort

You added Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort to your Saves list
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4599 Chateau Boulevard, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Coquitlam
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I thought this hotel had everything and now I know they do. I asked to borrow a little shoe polish and it was given to me! Note there is no parking at the fabulous golf course. However the hotel shuttle is always available.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for the May long weekend. We had a wonderful time, (the weather could have been a bit warmer, but out of everyone's control) Our room was nice and spacious. Very clean, and everything in good working condition. The staff, from the concierge to the housekeeping were professional and very approachable.
The pool deck is lovely.
We will look forward to returning.
The only thing I resent is $35.00 for parking daily and no free wireless, even in the lobby. Charge if you must in the rooms, but have a "free" area somewhere in the hotel.
Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay with us over May long weekend. It is wonderful to hear your comments on our service and amenities, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our teams. I hope you were able to explore Whistler Village and partake in the long weekend festivities.

As a member of our Fairmont President’s Club program, high speed internet and WIFI access is complimentary in your guestroom and throughout the hotel. FPC enrollment is free and only takes a few moments. Additional membership benefits include daily newspaper delivery, Fairmont Fit, and personalized room preferences.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Whistler soon!

West Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

It's my first time to stay at Fairmont Chateau in Whistler, all the times before I was at Four seasons. To be honest, I still prefer four seasons. The hotel had amazing news but the service was super super slow. I have asked for one adult bath robe and one kid bath robe. i have called the service about 3 times to confirm that the bath robes are coming in our way. The server did politely reply that it will only take 10 more minutes. Instead, I have waited for one whole hour before the items arrived. My kid has already finished swimming..and because i was waiting for the bath robes, I did not even get to swim. On the other hand, dinner at the Grill is absolutely recommended! The food are amazing, and there are some unique things added to it. The breakfast was not as much appreciated..the food was ok but it's very average, nothing special. Overall, I experienced some ups and downs in the hotel, I give it a three star.

Room Tip: Expect the services to be late.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is an extremely nice hotel. It has all of the luxuries associated with its 4 star rating, however, when I'm paying upwards of $250 per night I would expect they could be a bit more reasonable on some of the services they provide. For example, this hotel charges $14 PER DAY to use the wifi in your room. A pay per view movie costs $18, and - when their parking lot is full, and they don't have enough parking for all of the guests of their hotel - you have to valet your car for $40!! All of this seems absolutely outrages! It's a nice place but the ways in which they gouge the guests for these services is highly disappointing. I know that I wont be staying here again and I will be telling everyone I know how stingy they are!

• Stayed May 2013
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Dabson,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at the hotel. Our apologies you were not aware of our loyalty program for Fairmont guests. As a member of our Fairmont President’s Club program, you will receive complimentary high speed internet and WIFI access for the duration of your stay. FPC enrollment is free and only takes several minutes. Additional membership benefits include daily newspaper delivery, Fairmont Fit, and personalized room preferences.

We hope you will reconsider our property the next time you are planning a trip to Whistler.

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We just spent one night at the hotel but we found the room to be very comfortable and the staff accommodating.

I had a good experience at the Vida Spa in the hotel lobby.

My only criticism is that parking is over $30 a night.

Room Tip: I liked the view from our slopeside room overlooking the pool and the chairlift.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Our room was fabulous.  We had a corner room with two double beds.  The linens, towels and amenities were of the usual high standard of the Fairmont Group.
The view from our two windows of both Blackcomb Mountain and Whistler Mountain was spectacular.
We had a buffet breakfast at the Wildflower restaurant both mornings and it was delightful.  There was everything anyone could possibly want or need for breakfast.
We had take away lunch from Portabellos which was huge.  Kept half for another time.
Everything about the hotel was spectacular and we even saw some Black Bears.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. I am so pleased you enjoyed the slopeside views from your guestroom, as well as our buffet breakfast and lunch offerings here at the hotel.

It is fantastic to hear you spotted some black bears during your trip as they are beginning to come out of hibernation.

We hope to welcome you back to Whistler in the near future!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I wish I could give 3 1/2 stars. It wasn't quite "very good" with some of the detractions we dealt with.

We stayed here the first week of January, so high season for skiing. The hotel was filled to capacity, so had a lot of "busyness" in the lobby and pool areas.

Our room was clean and nicely furnished. We had a slope view, and the beds were comfortable. Hallway noise was a problem at night until about midnight or 1 a.m. Late teens and 20-somethings would talk at the top of their voices (probably had been drinking), coming off the elevator and walking down the hall to their room. I truly don't understand people who have no concept of hotel etiquette.

Pools and hot tubs were jammed to capacity in late afternoon after the slopes closed. I know everyone wants some apres-ski, but it was frustrating to not have any room at all for our family (and others had to leave the area too.) If they are going to have that many rooms in the hotel, they should expand the pool and hot tubs to accommodate the number of guests.

The lobby and common areas were decorated for Christmas, and were like a winter wonderland. Lovely.

I had an Ayurvedic massage at the spa. It was wonderful. One of the best spa experiences I've had. Highly recommend.

The ski storage was good - got very crowded as the slopes opened each morning, but if you fought your way through, you were on the slopes in about 20 minutes. Excellent location at Blackcomb base.

Excellent service from the parking valets - want to give them special recognition. The concierge was also excellent, arranging dinner reservations, and patiently going through ski run recommendations. The shuttle into Whistler Village was also very convenient, frequent, and good service.

We had purchased a package with the breakfast buffet included, so ate at the Wildflower each morning. Buffet food was good quality and excellent. Just had a problem with other people's children running loose around the room, and one young boy who took a bunch of pastries (with his bare hands), put them on his plate, then changed his mind and put them all back again on the buffet table (again with his bare hands.) I notified the manager of this, and the pastries were removed, but if I hadn't said anything, I don't know that any staff noticed... It made me hesitant to eat there again. Again, I know the problem is with parents not watching their own children, but seeing this happen a lot, they really needed a staff member to monitor the pastry table for young kids whose parents can't be bothered to parent them. We also had a problem with billing at checkout, in that we were charged for the breakfasts (when they were already pre-paid), and had to have a long conversation to get the charges removed because the computer wouldn't recognize the package code. Frustrating.

I am undecided if we would stay here again. I have to balance the negatives (noise, crowded pool and hot tubs) with the realization that we were there at one of the busiest weeks of the year.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators - hallway noise really travels into rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort? Share your experiences!