“Wonderful week-end !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort to your Saves list
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4599 Chateau Boulevard, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 53 hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver British Columbia
“Wonderful week-end !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

First of all let me start by saying that this was one of those "exceeds your expectations" weekends. We drove in, were valet parked and had the bags taken up to our room. We were immediately upgraded and greeted warmly at each encounter, from the bell hop to the check in clerk. We got our bathing suits on covered by plush terry robes and hit the outdoor pool area for a great swim. Amazing ! I know that the hotel did not provide the summer weather but it certainly helped the wonderful weekend experience ! We had a very overpriced lunch on the hotel terrace ( really $80.00 for two crostini and a few cokes ?? ) relaxed in the afternoon. For dinner we drove to Quattros for a delicious meal . On Sunday morning we were spoiled within an inch of our lives in the wildflower café. Our waiter was stellar. At one point he noticed the sun shifting and lowered the blinds beside me to mitigate the glare. They gave us complimentary smoothies and my poached eggs were done just right. My partner had the buffet breakfast ( too much more me) and it looked incredible. At checkout they brought the car around and offered us bottled water for the trip back. Fairmont I love you ! This is our new week-end place !!

Room Tip: Ask for as room on a higher floor if available to appreciate more of the view. If you like Italian f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1,469 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my first stay at the Fairmont as part of a conference that I was attending. Overall, my wife and I were very satisfied with the services, ambiance and general upkeep of the hotel. Although few other reviewers have highlighted that the decor seems a little dated, but nevertheless I found it ok.

Pros:
1. The hotel is strategically located at the base of Blackcomb mountain and we had spectacular views of the slope from our room (8th floor).
2. The rooms themselves are neat and tidy. Free WiFi if you sign up for President's Club (free) and it allows to support 2 devices at a time, which I thought was spectacular as other hotels still continue to charge for WiFi.
3. The front desk and concierge staff were very helpful and forthcoming in making the stay as comfortable and memorable as possible.
4. Although I did not ski but my friends who did were very satisfied with the services and rentals offered by the hotel.
5. We thoroughly enjoyed our morning breakfast buffet and felt that the food choices were ample and served fresh.
6. Its a short walk (10 mins) to Whistler Village, where you have more shopping and dining options. I liked this as the hotel is not too close to all the hustle and noise but also not too far if you want to walk up to there.
7. I loved it and would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your conference stay here at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. We appreciate you taking the time to highlight an extensive list of pros at the hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet offerings as well as the slopeside views from your guestroom, and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our Front Desk and Concierge teams. We hope you are able to return to the hotel to experience all of the seasonal activities the resort has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Whistler in the near future!

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Recent stay April 17-19 for spring snowboarding, zip lining & hiking. The location of this resort is breathtaking situated at the base of the mountain. We were greated by very friendly & helpful staff & didn't touch our bags or gear until in our room. The hotel was very clean & very elligant. Our room was nice, a little on the small side but it wasn't used very much except to sleep. The view of the mountain was obstructed by trees (I recommend a higher floor for views) but was well stocked & spotless. The upper village outside of the restaurant was quiet with very little to offer. The main village is where all the good shops & party atmosphere exist. We heard complaints from people staying in hotels in the main village of the noise so the quieter upper village was perfect. Pool & fitness facilities were large & well staffed with friendly people. We will be returning next year & staying longer.

• Stayed April 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our 4th stay here and having stayed at the Chateau in Lake Louise we love the far more relaxed Whistler one. As a reluctant skier who travels with three avid ones, I like to stay somewhere I can take time out from the sport (although the mountains are stunning). The Mallard Lounge bar is very comfortable and provides a quiet area for reading/writing in the day time and a warm and cosy atmosphere with good food for après ski. Rooms are adequate in size and housekeeping was good. The Portobello is great for breakfast and coffee and the Wildflower serves more a la carte fare. The hotel has 3 outdoor/1 indoor jacuzzis and an indoor/outdoor pool for alleviating any aches and pains. In both the men's and women's changing rooms there is a steam room and there is also a shared sauna. For any gym bunnies there is a fully equipped gym here too. There is a separate spa which I didn't try, a gift shop, boutique and gallery within the hotel also. Ski hire and storage are located on ground floor (so skis and boots etc. not in rooms) and as in all other areas the staff are lovely and very able to answer any questions. The hotel is located on the Blackcomb side but this is not a problem as there is a complimentary bus every 15 mins. to and from Whistler Village or, as I preferred, an 8 minute maximum walk into the main area. Special mention to both Mike and Debbie on the bus. Very friendly and they are able to give any information you need from restaurant suggestions to the location of the nearest physio (it is a ski resort after all)! I would just love to see the Chateau in summer but ski mad others still reluctant! I have a feeling we'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for room near pool end. Join Presidents Club beforehand and free wifi/turn down and water in roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ChateauWhistler, Front Office Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Mrs. JDK,
Thank you for this detailed review of your recent stay with us at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler. It sounds like everyone in your family was able to make good use of the facilities – both the skiers and non-skiers alike. Summer is another great time to visit – lots of hiking, biking and golfing for those looking for outdoor adventure as well as sightseeing and time spent by the lake for those looking to relax. I hope we can welcome you and your family back for a 5th stay to Whistler soon!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed for almost a week in January 2013 - the price was excellent right after the Christmas rush, and I had my son in a 5-day ski camp, which he enjoyed enormously. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The hotel is big but easy to get around, it is splendidly located right at the foot of the slopes and a 2-minute walk to the chairlift to get up on Blackcomb Mountain. The pool is nice, there are several hot-tubs (which can get quite busy - though we were there one evening when there was hardly anybody around), the lounge is pleasant, there are restaurants and shops. Easy walk into the village. Overall, great place to stay - especially if you can get a good deal, otherwise it can be quite pricey. The room felt a little cramped, but otherwise warm, clean and pleasant. Highly recommend it for a good stay in Whistler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was fortunate to book a last minute deal at The Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
At the check in I mentioned that it is my birthday and I got un upgraded room on the 7th floor. Wow! The view of Blackcomb mountain out my window... The beds were comfortable, pillows were great, the outdoor heated pools and hot tub were amazing.
The staff at the Fairmont was friendly and professional.
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Anorev,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your birthday with. We are thrilled to hear our staff exceeded your expectations and provided you with a memorable stay. I hope we can welcome you back again to Whistler soon!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last couple of years (last stay Jan 2013) and it has slowly become my go-to hotel (assuming I can find a good deal as the rack rates are not inexpensive). The service is second to none as the staff go out of their way to make each guest feel welcomed. The rooms are a good size and are immaculately clean. The highlight of the hotel has to be the pool area which is large and has multiple hot tubs that are great for those busy apres times. Get the "adult milkshake" and you won't be disappointed.

The biggest downside is it is quite an expensive stay at times. You can sometimes find good last minute details or keep informed of their specials by joining their club and receiving email alerts. I've also found one one occasion calling directly got a better rate. The other downside is that it is a bit of a walk from the main village if you want to be near the main stroll - however the hotel does offer a free, frequent shuttle to get you back and forth (until 10pm).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort? Share your experiences!