Facility - A multi-million dollar facility on par with some of the best resorts in the world. I have stayed in a dozen Fairmont hotels in the U.S., Canada, and Bermuda and this hotel's public area's and rooms are first class. Great bedding and linens. Classic furnitire. Spacious bath with separate shower.
Service - Gracious hospitality at the restaurants. Kudos to the conccierge who scored great reservations and charged my iPad. Loved the ski valet and the energetic staff that were extremely helpful. Pool staff made a winter stay like a day in the Caribbean. Front desk was a bit lackluster and not memorable.
Location - You can't beat the amazing location of Chateau Whistler smack dab at the base of Blackcomb mountain and a short walking disatnce to Whistler Village, one of the best ski villages of the 20 ski resorts I have been priveleged to visit.
NOISE NOISE NOISE. No, not from the double insulated windows with total blackout drapes. No, not from the solid walls between rooms. No, the noise came from the doors that were not gasketed in rubber or a least a chintzy piece of foam. I could have stuck my finger in between the gap between the door and the doorframe. Every single door slam, conversation, cough, sneeze and screaming child was as if they were right in your room. I woke up in the middle of the night scared out of my wits thinking someone was in my room because the conversation was so clear. A walk down the hall you could hear every conversation and TV show. What a lack of privacy. The hotel manager should walk down the halls on a Friday evening and hear the cacophony of noises from each room. It was like a schizophrenics mad nightmare. Get with it Fairmont, a fairy tale location such as the Chateau Fairmont should not be marred by such obtrusive and inexcusable noise.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel
- Fairmont Whistler
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler
- Whistler Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler's landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort hotel defines mountain luxury. A classic 12-story Chateau-style resort hotel with Health Club, Spa and the largest pool deck in Whistler - offering indoor and outdoor swimming pools, four whirlpools and breathtaking views of Blackcomb mountain. Situated a five minute walk from village center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.