“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort

You added Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort to your Saves list
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   4599 Chateau Boulevard, Whistler, British Columbia V0N 1B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% OFF + DINING CREDIT
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
GreenLeadersGold level
UK
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Arrived late December 2011 in order to enjoy some time on the slopes and take in the Whistler New Year celebrations.

This really is a Ski In/Out hotel. Passing out of the ski-fit area and up approximately 10 flights of stairs, you arrive at theWizard Express and Magic Chair lifts, which are ready to whisk you up into the mountains. At the end of the day, you can ski/board directly to the top of the aforementioned flight of stairs and you're back at the hotel.

Used the cafe at the rear of the hotel each morning for breakfast, good value for money. If I was lucky enough to visit Whistler in the future, I would certainly aim to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Kent UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed a few hotels in Whistler over the years and in 2011 switched to the Four Seasons,but in 2012 are back at the chateau.
There is good and there is less good. the ski in ..ski out is the best . The breakfast restaurant is great (the place downstairs has become a nasty cafeteria for local staff and people for whom the fast paper-wrapped food is only reason to be there ) opposite the front door however is a good small breakfast place which if you want to alternate to save money.has friendly staff and good breakfast food..We recommend that too.
The bar is exceptional.huge yet cozy..they always remember your name .....however not cheap but just perfect after dinner( or before if you keep and earlier schedule)
The jaccuzzis outside are less great and seem to have seen better days,but they serve the purpose and there is a server who delivers drinks in the tub.

the four seasons is not hillside so makes up by collecting your skis at the foot of the slopes and giving you your boots/shoes if you need them......both Whistler Mountain and BlackCombe. Since the Chateau is at the foot of Blackcombe if does not offer this.so if you come to the foot of Whistler and want to go for lunch, Four Seasons folk have their shoes and you walk in your ski boots.....you are thinking ..I can live with that......but the luxury market is won with that kind of stuff!they should think about it...

Another thing..the shuttle bus is great..never too much trouble...I know I'm comparing..but this is not true of them all......

The only place to stay........

Room Tip: The rooms need a little updating and are all similar..but choose a low floor for more choice of ele...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I took our honeymoon trip here at the Fairmont and experienced a very high degree of service and satisfaction. Room upgrade, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a personalized letter from the Managing Director (extremely nice touch), and wonderful service from the staff (front desk, concierge, housekeeping, random staff in the halls). Everyone was exceptionally polite and accommodating, it was consistent across the board (which is no easy task to achieve). When we called for a few room items (toiletries, pillows, room fixture repair) the response was immediate and pleasant. A small item I personally appreciated was whenever you called the operator/front desk, they greeted you on the phone by addressing you as Mr. (or Mrs.) “Last name.” Those little touches went a long way and we actually decided to extend our stay past the original reservation.

Beyond the service, the room was very good, everything was clean, orderly, and well designed, the mattress was very soft and comfortable (slept great), view of Blackcomb was very nice, conveniently located to the hill and within a short (5-10min) walk to the village.
I would suggest signing up for their President’s Club (no charge) so you can get free wi-fi, otherwise it’s something like $14.
Suggestions for improvement would be:
-Provide a newspaper to the room each day (bag it and hang on door/hook outside room)
-Showerhead spray pattern was a little off to one side, should have had nozzle cleaned of calcium
But overall, great job from everyone at the Fairmont, would highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Due to health club renos, the 5th floor becomes the main access point for all guests going to the gy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend just stayed here fab place could not fault anything . Luxury to the max the only thing make sure u bring plenty of cash whistler is expensive we came for a special occasion so was well worth it for us fab place enjoy

• Stayed November 2012
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at most of the hotels in Whister, both with personal and business travel. Until a few weeks ago, the only hotel that I hadn't stayed in that was on "my list" was the Fairmont. What a disappointment it was. The room (and the floor) I stayed on was recently renovated; that is, the carpets were changed and perhaps some furnishings. The bathrooms were left relatively untouched. The flooring looks like a public swimming pool and the bathtub area like a cheap motel. Poor insulation of doors to the hallways made for a noisy evening. I found an electrical wire attached to a plug in my bed. Hairs in the bed too. Were the sheets even changed? There was nothing special about our room. I have stayed in much nicer rooms in 4* hotels in Whistler that were much cheaper.

This hotel does not even compare to the Four Seasons next door, which too is a 5* hotel. Pay the extra bit more and go to the Four Seasons if you want a true 5*hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed for 5 days in July with my son who is 12. Rooms were clean, spacious, had ample closet space, and a breathtaking view of the mountains. Can't beat the location. Pool was nicely heated, and hot tubs were hot! Perfect after a long day of biking and hiking. Hotel grounds were imaculate, and I found the staff to be helpful. Location was within walking distance to Whistler Village (about an 8 min walk), safe to walk around at night. The local farmers market was set up right beside the hotel the one morning.
Lots to see and do in Whistler. We had an amazing local tour guide who gave us lots of insider tips on where locals eat, hang out, must see places, and ways to save money etc. He took us up Whistler mountain and provided us with a tremendous amount of information we otherwise would never have known had we explored the area ourselves.
My only complaint with the hotel was I had requested a fridge and microwave, and they were not available the whole time we were there, and upon checking out, I was incorrectly billed for our stay. I called down before leaving to inform them of this error, was assured it would be taken care of immediately. When I recieved my credit card statement the following month, I noticed the error had not been corrected. I should have gone down to the desk before leaving, however when I called the hotel once I was back home, they apologized and within an hour the charge was reversed and an email confirmation sent.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends or family. I was a little concerned bringing a child to this hotel, but to my surprise there were quite a few children there and they were made to feel just as welcome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We really enjoyed our visit at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all our request. Our room was very comfortable with a great view. We enjoyed the lounge with live entertainment and the food was very good. We also enjoyed the shops around the hotel. Even though the health facilities were under construction, I had a massage in the spa. Real professional environmnet and a great massage. The hotel is within walking distance of the village. Overall we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Its worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort? Share your experiences!