“Owner run TS, needs updating and maintenance.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Peaks Resort

You added Twin Peaks Resort to your Saves list
Twin Peaks Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4365 Northlands Blvd, Whistler, British Columbia V0N1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Austin, TX
“Owner run TS, needs updating and maintenance.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Long time owners here. Place has a fantastic location in north Whistler Village and has more than adequate amenities. Owners have done away with mid-week maid-service but you can pay extra to have a Wed. room service if you like. Or you can wash your own linens or get from Desk if you must have new sheets. Units have full kitchen that need some updating of small appliances and cooking utensils. Formica counter-tops are just so "90's"...most older TS condos have updated to stone or silestone, etc. counters in kitchen and baths. Large kitchen appliances are in newer/good condition. Coffee maker needs to be replaced for sure. Vynil floors in kitchen and bath also dates the the units. Tile or modern commercial grade hand-scrapped laminates would be best choice to update with. Toilets are dated, do not flush well and need to be replaced with newer dual flush "no-clog" brands such as Toto etc. If you have small kids beware and flush more than once, or you will plug them up. The guts are old and need replacement for a cheap fix but overall new modern Toto are needed to eliminate the plunger being kept by the toilets.

Wife has been an owner here for many years, since it was first sold by developer. We own a deed for New Year's week each year. Check in is Friday-first floor, Saturday second floor, Sunday is third floor. I believe anyone can rent through the web-sight. Getting a Christmas or New Year's week not probable unless you rent from a current owner with one of those weeks.

Heated underground garage is tight but keeps the car warm and dry, no need for a car however as Village Shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes and the "Market Place" bus #4 is across the street for the property on Northlands Blvd. WVC TP looks across to the Market Center that has a well stocked IGA store, BC liquor store, McDonlads, and other shops. Property is nice but no Marriot or Hyatt 4-star TS unit. Could be much better/higher ranked, but several years ago ownership was taken over by crooks and they robbed the TS owners blind, 1st by trying to convert deeded owners like us to a points system,(I kept asking them why trade my New Year week DEED for made up points?? never got a good response and never paid them to buy their worthless points system) then by raiding the reserve funds which are missing to this day.

Obviously the condition of property suffered under this criminal management scheme so units were not updated to new standards if at all for many years. Resort amenities were let to wear down and two years in a row the pool hot-tub were not usable at all. You get the picture. Resort is "digging" out from the criminal management of years past and s till has a way to go. These units that costs a lot when new can be had on ebay or by other owners wanting to get out for free or almost free. Deals are out there. Resort has gained by it's "Gold Crown" rank as of this New year's week 2013 visit. Rooms/resort has full kitchens, stack washer/dryers, wifi, gas-fireplace in living room, out-door porch, jacuzzi tub in master with a shower, master-bed, queen-bed and a pull-out sofa so sleeps 6 and can get a rollaway bed, 1st come 1st served....so possible to sleep larger parties.

We own only ski resort TS because if we cannot use we can rent them out or trade for a high value for nicer or larger units elsewhere. We own two other TS condos and from experience only reason we own a fixed (floating is best during prime ski weeks) week at this resort is because we know we can come at one of the busiest times of the year and know the skiing or boarding is some of the best in the world. The Village is beautiful during the holidays and so much to do you cannot cover it all. When wife pregnant with one of our kids and it fell on our week we rented for more than our dues. You cannot find a nice sized 2/2 in Whistler Village during New Years for we can rent ours out for. If you want to eat out in the Village during these two weeks book far a head or you will eat at 5 or 10PM. The earlier one is fine with small kids but we often like to do apre-ski at the base so a later time is best and 10 is too late for our small kids. BOOK ahead during Christmas New Year's weeks. All I can say.

After New Year's day folks go home and the Village is not so busy and fantastic if you can come up after Jan 1 to stay. Rooms and lift tickets and rentals and lessons probably go down too.

Room Tip: Room floor depends on check-in date. Most desirable rooms on each floor seem to be units at the end...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at Twin Peaks this past November to start off the ski season in Whistler. Booked into it with RCI points and was extremely happy with everything Twin Peaks had to offer. The room was great for a family; more or less in the village without the chaos and nightly noise. Full kitchen and well equipped with everything you need. Located within a two minute walking distance to Grocery/Liquor store and dining locations; under ten minute walk through the village to main gondolas. Master bedroom had both a walk in shower and whirlpool tub. I was on the second floor room 209; when the fog clears the balconies had a great view of both Whistler and Blackcomb mountains. They have a heated indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub and BBQs worth taking advantage of. Everyone working at the front desk was amazing! Very knowledgeable of Whistler and the surrounding areas, able to tell me what was truly worth doing/visiting and what was not so much. They were even happy to share some local secrets that you likely would not come across at the front desk of the ‘big international’ hotels. Absolutely happy with my stay at Twin Peaks, I would recommend it to friends, family and anyone looking for a place to stay while in Whistler!

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the main level and located on the backside of the building (facing the hills...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Aldershot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked in to twin peaks with RCI The location is good, being across from the Marketplace, which joins you to the rest of the village, via the Pedestrian Stroll. Lots of good places to eat and see,Twin Peaks is a good place to stay although it could do with updating The appartments are well equiped with all that you could possibly need My only gripe was that my husband is due to have hip replacement surgery and was unable to shower as the appartments only had baths The staff are very friendly and full of good advise about where to visit in the area
We have stayed here on two occasions The first time we were on the top floor and in a end unit and we had a lovely view from our livingroom window But the last time we stayed we were given an appartment on the first floor overlooking the front and we couldnt see anything other than trees so my advice would be to check where they have put you,

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the top
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We exchanged into Twin Peaks through RCI. The resort is very well placed on a relatively quiet road but within walking distance , about 2 mins to the village which has a couple of good supermarkets, liquor stores and masses of tourist and ski apparel shops. Cafes, hotels and restaurants in abundance, so you will never be short of choice. The check in was quick and staff were professional, friendly and helpful. Our 2 bed, 2 bath ground floor apartment was very spacious, with almost everything you would need. Honestly I can't think of anything in the kitchen that was supplied including dish washing liquid and kitchen roll etc. it was very clean. Now we are talking RCI exchange and you don't normally get the refurbished units, so I wasn't surprised that although this unit was spotlessly clean, it does need a upgrade.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub but many other guests were - had the weather been a little warmer I probably would have. You do pay for the parking but its a minimal charge and underground so that's a bonus too.

So we I visit again- yes no problem with that question. One if the most relaxing stays we have had in a while. Well done Twin Peaks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I purchased a unit at Twin Peaks a few years ago through eBay. I had not used the unit and often see these units for sale on TUG or Redweek.com so I speculated that the units must not be all that great. I was very wrong. I booked from October 6 -13 which is our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I was worried because I had to prepare TGiving dinner for my family and I did not think the unit kitchen would be all that great. Again, I was very wrong. The units are wonderful. I own a large two bedroom that easily sleeps 6. The unit was exceptionally clean. Probably the cleanest timeshare unit I have ever stayed in. It is very well equipped and the kitchen has great storage and counter top space. A full sized fridge with an ice maker and water dispenser that actually worked properly, a full size electric stove and oven, a microwave and dishwasher and very nice dinnerware and cutlery, except for the knives (see below). It was quiet and had three balconies: one off the master bedroom, one off the living room and one off the second bedroom. There was a washer and dryer, ironing board and iron. Two sets of tea towels and dishcloths, a scouring pad and other amenities that made it really convenient. There was also a very good set of pots in the unit.
The front desk employees were very nice. One other aspect of this place I really liked: they encouraged guests to compost. There is a composting container and because I was cooking a big thanksgiving dinner I used it for all my vegetable scraps and it really reduced the garbage. They ask guests to take the composting container to the underground parking area where they have a bin to dump the composting materials. Hooray for them. I think this is a great idea and one that more places should offer.
Areas for improvement:
Beds are really firm. I am not a great sleeper and I prefer a softer pillow top plush mattress.
Knives: I am sure that if timeshare units had really good knifes they would be stolen. The knives in this unit were particularly bad and very dull: one was a large meat carving knife the other a bread slicer. No decent paring knife. I just ended up buying an inexpensive, but decently sharp, knife with a 6 inch blade for $15 and it saved me a lot of time in meal preparation.
Lighting: I find a lot of hotel/motel/timeshare units are trying to save hydro costs and are installing those eco light bulbs. For the most part they are ok but the lights in the bedrooms were really low wattage and the lights in the bathroom shower area and over the vanity were ridiculously low wattage. For those of us who are ‘over 50’ we require brighter lighting. But the kitchen lighting was very good.
Overall this is a wonderful unit: large but comfortable, very close to everything Whistler has to offer and just a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
St Ives, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed for a weeks skiing in April and had a great time. There were 2 bedrooms, one huge one which was ensuite with a jaccuzzi bath and separate shower and a smaller one with separate bathroom, also with bath and shower. Adequate size lounge/kitchen/diner with double sofa bed. About a 5 minute walk to the beginning of the stroll and play area for kids but at least 15mins to gondolas. We caught the bus outside the resort and they came along about every 10 mins which was fine and left our skis in the free lockers at night. Could also leave walking shoes in Carlton ski hire during the day so could walk back more comfortably. Although farther away it was quieter. Could pick up wifi in 208 but not 207 but easy access in the lobby. Lovely hot tub to relax in after a day of skiing and a small pool. BBQ's in Summer. staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 207could not pick up wifi but 208 did
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Make no bones about it - this is not the Ritz....but I was not expecting that. If you are gong to Whstler to get out and do something - this is a great spot. Perfect for families - clse to everything, clean good size, comfy beds, etc. if you are looking for pampering - this s not the place for you. There is no conceirge, no bell hops, etc.

If you know what you are signing up for - you will love it.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Twin Peaks Resort? Share your experiences!