“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Peaks Resort

You added Twin Peaks Resort to your Saves list
Twin Peaks Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4365 Northlands Blvd, Whistler, British Columbia V0N1B4, Canada   |
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Whistler
Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I purchased a unit at Twin Peaks a few years ago through eBay. I had not used the unit and often see these units for sale on TUG or Redweek.com so I speculated that the units must not be all that great. I was very wrong. I booked from October 6 -13 which is our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. I was worried because I had to prepare TGiving dinner for my family and I did not think the unit kitchen would be all that great. Again, I was very wrong. The units are wonderful. I own a large two bedroom that easily sleeps 6. The unit was exceptionally clean. Probably the cleanest timeshare unit I have ever stayed in. It is very well equipped and the kitchen has great storage and counter top space. A full sized fridge with an ice maker and water dispenser that actually worked properly, a full size electric stove and oven, a microwave and dishwasher and very nice dinnerware and cutlery, except for the knives (see below). It was quiet and had three balconies: one off the master bedroom, one off the living room and one off the second bedroom. There was a washer and dryer, ironing board and iron. Two sets of tea towels and dishcloths, a scouring pad and other amenities that made it really convenient. There was also a very good set of pots in the unit.
The front desk employees were very nice. One other aspect of this place I really liked: they encouraged guests to compost. There is a composting container and because I was cooking a big thanksgiving dinner I used it for all my vegetable scraps and it really reduced the garbage. They ask guests to take the composting container to the underground parking area where they have a bin to dump the composting materials. Hooray for them. I think this is a great idea and one that more places should offer.
Areas for improvement:
Beds are really firm. I am not a great sleeper and I prefer a softer pillow top plush mattress.
Knives: I am sure that if timeshare units had really good knifes they would be stolen. The knives in this unit were particularly bad and very dull: one was a large meat carving knife the other a bread slicer. No decent paring knife. I just ended up buying an inexpensive, but decently sharp, knife with a 6 inch blade for $15 and it saved me a lot of time in meal preparation.
Lighting: I find a lot of hotel/motel/timeshare units are trying to save hydro costs and are installing those eco light bulbs. For the most part they are ok but the lights in the bedrooms were really low wattage and the lights in the bathroom shower area and over the vanity were ridiculously low wattage. For those of us who are ‘over 50’ we require brighter lighting. But the kitchen lighting was very good.
Overall this is a wonderful unit: large but comfortable, very close to everything Whistler has to offer and just a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
St Ives, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed for a weeks skiing in April and had a great time. There were 2 bedrooms, one huge one which was ensuite with a jaccuzzi bath and separate shower and a smaller one with separate bathroom, also with bath and shower. Adequate size lounge/kitchen/diner with double sofa bed. About a 5 minute walk to the beginning of the stroll and play area for kids but at least 15mins to gondolas. We caught the bus outside the resort and they came along about every 10 mins which was fine and left our skis in the free lockers at night. Could also leave walking shoes in Carlton ski hire during the day so could walk back more comfortably. Although farther away it was quieter. Could pick up wifi in 208 but not 207 but easy access in the lobby. Lovely hot tub to relax in after a day of skiing and a small pool. BBQ's in Summer. staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 207could not pick up wifi but 208 did
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Make no bones about it - this is not the Ritz....but I was not expecting that. If you are gong to Whstler to get out and do something - this is a great spot. Perfect for families - clse to everything, clean good size, comfy beds, etc. if you are looking for pampering - this s not the place for you. There is no conceirge, no bell hops, etc.

If you know what you are signing up for - you will love it.

Stayed April 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just finished our stay in a 2bed/2bath at Twin Peaks (unit 203) via an RCI exchange.

The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our unit had a king bed in one room and a queen in the other (there is also a fold out bed in the living room). I thought the living area was spacious (enough to a do yoga sessions for 4 if you push the furniture out of the way). It was clean, and the kitchen was adequately equipped. The furnishings were a little dated with a flat screen TV in the living area, but tube TVs in both bedrooms.

The resort did charge us $33 for the week for the amenities (parking and wifi) and I have to say that's about what it's worth. It costs $56 for a mid-week cleaning.

If you use the WIFI that they give instructions for (Whistler Vacation Club) you will need to log-in a lot. We also found a WIFI network (Twin Peaks Lobby) that did not require a password and was very reliable (access may be dependent upon your room location).

Location is a bit of a walk to the Whistler Village base lifts, but very convenient to a bus stop (across the street) where you can take a shuttle to the base. It is also just across the street from an IGA supermarket and a variety of shops and restaurants.

Our unit faced the street (Lorimer Road), with some traffic noise, but not to bad.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We got someone's timeshare here for a week. The unit was very spacious, both the living area and bedrooms. Both bathrooms had shower and tub, we had one jetted tub and one giant long tub. The beds were king and queen I think. There's a gas fireplace and three TVs.
WiFi was free but you have to log in every time you use it. Literally even after 5 minutes. On our last day it was down altogether.

The unit is about as far away as you can be from the lifts in whistler village. It's about a ten minute walk or 10-20 minute wait for the bus.

Kitchen was great to work in and had everything imaginable (I even made a cake)

This looks like a great unit if you plan to spend some time indoors or need to be able to retreat to your room. For us, we were pretty wiped after a long day of skiing and will probably pick a unit that's smaller but closer to lifts next time

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Tarzana, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

As I write this review we are staying in a 2bed/2bath at Twin Peaks (also in unit 307, Jan 15th-22nd) and we exchanged into this unit through RCI.

When we walked into the unit, the second bedroom only has one double bed. Since we are traveling with 2 college age boys, we needed 2 beds (2 twins or 2 doubles). Unfortunately, they couldn't accommodate us, so they gave us a roll away to put in the second bedroom.

The unit itself is clean, but as a previous poster commented, the living area is very small and I think the second bedroom is small. I think the furnishings are a little dated and tired looking. There is a flat screen TV in the living area, but tube TVs in both bedrooms.

The resort did charge us $33 for the week for the amenities (parking and wifi) and I have to say that's about what it's worth. The wifi has a tendency to go in and out. The front desk attendant told us that when there are a lot of users on the system it goes out and has to be reset. Naturally, it went out sometime after 10pm and there was no one at the front desk to reset the wifi (front desk is only open 8:30am - 10pm) until the next morning.

The unit does face the street (Northlands Blvd), but I didn't find the traffic noise to be that bad.

The complex is located right across the street the the IGA (supermarket) and it's about a 10 minute walk to the gondolas in the lower village. If you don't want to walk to the gondolas, there is also a bus stop across the street and you can hop on the #4 bus to the gondolas.

Overall, I think this is an older complex and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Kirkland, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had a 2 bedroom. It was immaculate, but the living room was very small . We were in Rm 307 - the balcony was off the 2nd bedroom & had solid cement instead of a railing. It was very, very noisy with street noise. The view windows seal was broken so hard to see out. The location was great but I would not stay here again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Twin Peaks Resort? Share your experiences!