“Decent food and lots of it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 186 restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tita's Italian Bistro was built in 2000 brand new in the shape of a house to give a warm feeling.
Vancouver
“Decent food and lots of it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

During a 2 day whirlwind tour of the Okanagan with an overseas visitor, we spent one night in Vernon. Friends who live in Vernon suggested we try Tita's and they said it's the best Italian food around. Vernon is a bit of a restaurant wasteland (sorry, Vernon) and I hadn't heard of Tita's so we were anxious to give it a try. That it was close to our hotel was also a bonus. Unfortunately it was bucketing rain so we took the car, although it would have been a very short walk. As others have mentioned (and as our friends told us), the kitchen is run by mama and papa, and the son and daughter run the front of house. The son is very 'ebullient' and happy to talk at length to customers about their food or anything else that might come up. My friend and I both ordered a seafood pasta dish - I'm not crazy about fettucine noodles as I find them sometimes too thick and gooey, so I asked mine to be made with angel hair instead. My friend ordered a small portion but it was suggested that I order a full size because of the type of pasta - it was way too much and 1/2 would have been plenty. We each had an alfredo sauce, but there were choices including rose and marinara. We each started with a Caesar salad. I thought it was good, not overly garlicky. The homemade focaccia style bread with olive oil and balsamic was pretty good but it had a bit too much rosemary for my liking (I think it was rosemary). There is nothing fancy about this place but I would give it another shot when I'm in Vernon again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
BC
“Great Pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lovely family run Italian restaurant. Service fast. Pasta delicious and perfectly prepared. Veal was a bit overdone for my taste but pasta side was perfection. Husband had special pasta bowl very nicely presented and again pasta was cooked perfectly but the asparagus was overcooked.
Would love to see an appe plate with antipastas not just olives and cheese but that was perfectly done. Busy place but waitstaff kept ahead Would liked to have had more time to relax between courses. Not enough time to finish before another plate was presented. If we had been rushed that would have been fine but we wanted to relax and enjoy our meal.
Wine by glass could use a Italian chianti but the Merlot was adequate. Alcohol service was excellent and drinks were generous. Will be back sooner than later.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vernon, Canada
“Quality, Quality, Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Tita's is a very consistently GREAT experience. We always bring visitors to Tita's for an authentic Italian dinner. We know the food will be top notch, the atmosphere cozy and the wine list is great. We have eaten here many times and have NEVER had a negative experience.

Visited February 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Tasty Italian. Just like Grandpa used to make!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Predator Ridge recently and looking for some good Italian. Read a couple of reviews and decided to check it out. Definitely worth the drive!

The food was exactly what we thought it would be. Fresh and delicious. We had called ahead for take out and we were welcomed warmly and the food was packaged well, labelled and I couldn't wait due to the delicious smells in the car.

It's definitely worth the trip to Vernon just for the food at Tita's! Friendly and warm atmosphere and if you're looking for authentic Italian sauce...this is the place for you!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“This is not Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We recently had dinner at Tita's expecting an awesome Italian home cooked meal. Not so.

It was a bit busy, staff were for the most part very friendly. However, the wine was flat, oh oh not a good beginning...then the meal came.

What a disaster. We had the seafood fettuccine. The seafood was not fresh, the sauce was tasteless and gummy. My husband had a couple bites and when they came to pick up our left overs you would expect a comment on how we liked out meals. Guess the full plates going back was evidence.

Yes we should have just sent it back so our mistake. We will not be going back and most certainly do not recommend anyone gamble.

• Visited March 2013