“Really nice” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Vernon
More attraction details
Owner description: Planet Bee Honey Farm, Vernon's favorite family attraction is open all year. Educational presentation are offered daily during the bees busy summer season, the honey health boutique offers numerous treasures of the hive and now the Honeymoon Meadery offers mead tasting and sales and will entice your interest in this ancient beverage made from local British Columbia honey that is fermented at the on-site meadery.
10 attraction reviews
“Really nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I liked this stop more then I expected. I thought it would be just an other tourist trap, designed to make you buy stuff. But it was actually very interesting. The live hive was so fantastic! The staff explained a lot, and made sure all our questions were answered. The posters were also educational. Learned a lot. We did buy honey, but just a little, since we travel by plane. The staff did not pressure us in buying more and even provided special bubble wrap. How kind. Go there and watch the bees at work!

Visited May 2013

Abbotsford, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“We like the mead!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have been to Planet Bee twice...first time with my mom, daughter and her friend! We did the 'tour' and all of us found it very interesting!! I know personally I have a whole new respect for a bee!! The mead tasting was fun and delicious and I bought two bottles! Also bought some honey!
Second time was with my husband and parents...and all of us enjoyed it! We didn't do the tour that time, but questions we had were answered! We will definitely be back!

Visited August 2012
Canada
11 attraction reviews
“`HEY` wine lovers try something new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Travelled through vernon and decided to stop at Planet Bee. We did not take the tour as we were pressed for time. We did purchase 2 bottles of mead,` oak & honey rapture` and `apricot elixir`. My husband does not drink wine so when he tried the mead knowing there was`nt a grape in sight he actually enjoyed it. The oak & honey is on the dry side but NOT bitter. We loved the sweeter apricot elixir I will purchase it again and i`m anxious to try the `parad ice berry mead`. If I can get my hubby to drink and enjoy a glass of mead at the dinner table planet bee has been the only place to accomplish this feat. We also purchased a jar of fireweed honey and some honey sticks` yum`. Planet Bee we will be back, as your staff is friendly and helpful and your mead and honey delightful.

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
58 attraction reviews
“Great place for kids, and I learned a lot about bees.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I didn't purchase anything from the store but there were lots of different types of honey and other products produced by bees. I didnt purchase because nothing is pasturised, which some people like is more health but I didnt want risk getting sick from non-pasturization.

I learned a lot about bees, hives ect. I didnt know anything before and the staff was happy to answer every one of my questions thoroughly.

Visited August 2012
ireland
17 attraction reviews
“was a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

i don't know what i expected but i thought there wasnt very much to see or do here. they had a good variety of honey and mead and you can do mead tasting. however, we had seen and done everything within 30 minutes

Visited September 2012
Ed N, Owner at Planet Bee Honey Farm & Meadery, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sincerely sorry that you didn't have a great and memorable experience. Our main season ends Aug 31 and we no longer offer the "All About Bee" educational presentations. However the observatory remains open and staff should normally be available to show our guests around the bees and assist with the product tastings, mead samplings and answering of your questions.
Please give us another chance in the July August season!