“short stay - short review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prestige Hotel Vernon

You added Prestige Hotel Vernon to your Saves list
Prestige Hotel Vernon
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4411 32nd St., Vernon, British Columbia V1T 9G8, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Britsh Columbia
“short stay - short review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stayed there recently for one night on business travel.

Good:
Lots of easy parking. Staff was fine - no complaints but no extra efforts. The room was very large with a comfortable bed, large flat TV, nice furniture and decorations. It was quiet when I was there. Nice bathroom with walk in shower (no tub). The onsite and somewhat upscale restaurant/lounge was nice and convenient.

Bad:
The shower tap did not work properly. It took a very very long time to get warm water - I almost gave up. When warm water did arrive, it got very hot. The tap was not easy to adjust the temperature and once I had it right, it changed by itself after 1/2 a minute or so - adjust... change, I had to constantly adjust it. I think they were very cheap taps in an otherwise nicely done bathroom.

Overall a nice place and I liked the large room. Perhaps my shower experience was only this room?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I will be sending you a private message to request more information on your stay. Though it is nice to know you enjoyed the amenities in your room, we are always striving to make sure service exceeds our guest’s expectations and your insight will be very helpful. We hope that your next stay with us will be improved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

That's not saying a whole lot mind you but the Prestige is a nice place and the staff are very accommodating. I stayed in a deluxe room with kitchen (full stove, fridge, microwave, espresso machine). There isn't a desk, but the dining room table is fine for computer work (although there isn't a nearby outlet so you have to have a long cord to plug into the kitchen area). The hotel is across the street from a mall with a couple of restaurants although it has its own restaurant and bar (and spa and pool and convention centre).

The one minor quibble I have is that the shower/tub combo is dangerous. The tub is very deep and there is nothing to hold onto when getting in and out so be careful!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
I really appreciated your comments and I will be sure to pass them along to our team. We are always working to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable stay. We will address your concerns and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Vernon.
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I had a very pleasant stay at the hotel, quite different than some of the other posts that had me a little concerned. It could be that I stayed on a weekday evening on business in December...whatever the reason, I'm pleased with what I received.

The room was large, clean and had recently been redone. The only relic that the hotel seemingly opted to facelift rather than replace was the bathtub and surround. They were clean, but dated. Very comfortable bed, free wi-fi, in room fridge and pleasant decor. Staff was very friendly and courteous.

One note for late sleepers - I was happy that I was up and ready to leave the room around 8 am when a train rumbled by and shook the room - those hoping to sleep in may have experienced an unwelcome surprise.

Would stay here again if in town on business.

Room Tip: Though a highway facing room may seem noisy, there is very little after hours traffic. You want to b...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Other then maybe some issues with the cleanliness of the washroom and the dirty walls we were very content. It is a kids/sports hotel and it is what it is, nice big screen t.v., lobby staff were always cleaning and the room was perfect for our event, the restaurant staff were GREAT!! (we dined at the restaurant twice)

Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the room amenities and had a great weekend. Our staff is always thankful for feedback and I will pass on your suggestions as well as compliments.
louis creek bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

A getaway retreat for 4 girls.. we checked the prestige website but unfortunately did not think to check "tripadvisor" room was NOT worth the $200.00 we paid. Do you not think that when you book a room for 4 that there would be 4 towels, 4 coffee cups etc.??? The toilet was dirty and my girlfriend said today that she felt like wearing a pair of flip flops in the shower.. The pillows where all lined up on the beds and mine was very yellow to the point that I put it off the bed. Good thing I had brought my own. What is with value for your $'s these days? Very dissapointed .. people do your research and check out tripadvisor..sorry we did not. Luckily we had a fantastic time and overlooked the situation and we where just feeling blessed to be together.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your stay did not meet our Prestige standards. This is why we value feedback from our guests. We are working on policies and procedures that will provide better communication between our reservations staff and housekeeping staff so that in the future there are ample amenities in the room for all guests who reserved. New training procedures are being developed to ensure our rooms and suites exceed our guest’s expectations. We are thankful that your weekend was a success and hope you will return to in the future.
bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Room had dust everywhere and a stain on the bed's "foot mat". First look at bathroom - glass shower, nice tile, cool sink.... Then noticed sink is loose....kinda hokey. Coffee shop in lobby closed.... What happened to this once fancy hotel??!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PrestigeHotels, Marketing & Sales at Prestige Hotel Vernon, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We have sent you a private message with our contact information – we would love the opportunity to speak with you directly.
Vernon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The hotel is conveniently situated directly across the way from a shopping centre and is within walking distance to the local Farmers’ Market, which takes place every Tuesday and Thursday mornings. The market is a must-see if you are visiting Vernon because it offers the best of the local produce. The hotel rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable enough. The rooms are 70s style with a lovely large TV screen and a leather couch for comfort. I would agree with other travelers who say that the housekeeping is an issue. We spent 9 days in the hotel and the housekeeping was not consistent or well done at all. They need to seriously consider retraining their cleaning staff because they are letting the team down. There is nothing worse than sleeping in a room that is dusty and dirty. However, the ORA restaurant staff is wonderful – friendly, attentive, polite and hard-working. The food quality is also good. The only downside is the lighting in the restaurant because it makes you feel like you are sitting in a cave. The fitness centre in the hotel is adequate but can only be used from 8am because it is situated above two hotel rooms and using the treadmill disturbs the guests. So for those of us who like an early morning workout before the start of day, it’s a bit of a pain. I like the fact that I can do my own laundry and the internet is both free and adequately fast. As for stealing of property, my advice to anyone who travels is to get into the habit of locking your suitcase every time you leave your hotel room. It’s a good habit to have and leaves little room for temptation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to shopping and other activities. We also appreciate your positive feedback about our guest rooms. We do regret, however, that you were not satisfied with the housekeeping. We have shared your comments with management and staff, and hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to Vernon.

Been to Prestige Hotel Vernon? Share your experiences!