You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3914 32nd St | Vernon, British Columbia, Vernon, British Columbia V1T 5P1, Canada (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel and it is delightful to sit in the atrium around the pool - indoors. It is a family hotel, a little bit tired, but having some upgrades which didn't interfere with our stay. The staff were helpful and courteous. The conference facilities were very nice, however there was no elevator to get our babies' buggies down to the lower level. That would also be a difficulty for anyone with a wheel-chair. We did ask, several people but were told there was no way of getting down the to the conference rooms with strollers etc.
The hotel is nicely situated for the recreation and other large events and not too far from the main shopping area.
The rooms were well maintained and clean. Bathrooms are small but adequate. The food was OK - not as good as White Spot, but OK. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: It was a pleasure to have a room overlooking the pool area and tropical plants. It could be noisy I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMClausLarsen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am truly pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. Yes, we are currently doing a variety of upgrades around the hotel and as always we try to keep any renovations a minimum disturbance to our guests.

We are currently a third way through upgrading all of the guest bathrooms with new vanities, granite counter tops, fixtures etc. and all being well we should soon finished this project before taking on the next task.

We finalized installing an elevator in December and this new device runs from the first floor to the third floor which gives access to all aspects of the hotel including the conference centre. Another way for wheel chairs and strollers is using the ramp that leads down to the pool area and then make your way around the hallway into the conference centre lobby.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Claus Larsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Vernon is an outstanding town. Nestled amongst 3 warm summer lakes, this city is great! I've been visiting throughout the last month on business, staying at the Best Western Plus Lodge and have found it excellent.

The hotel is within walking distance (4 blocks) of the main "downtown" area, which includes a decent selection of bars, restaurants and niche shops.

Within the hotel is a great central area with restaurant, pool, hot tub and greenery. Also has one of the largest chairs I've ever run in to - and I'm extremely tall... Breakfast is included and has a decent selection of served morning grub. Wifi is also provided, but isn't the quickest and sometimes had poor signal strength.

Alongside the hotel is Checkers bar, which has a decent crowd most weekdays, not sure about weekends. The two projector setup in the bar made watching hockey playoffs quite a thrill.

I only wish the location was a little closer to one of the lakes... otherwise, two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Room 225! Overlooks the pool and central common area. Easily the best room in my opinion.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMClausLarsen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thanks for your review. Vernon is one of those hidden and sometimes forgotten gems in The Okanagan Valley and I’m happy you have discovered all we have to offer our visitors.

Ah Yes, the BIG Chairs….We have two of these and yes, they can make any really big person look “Tiny”..over the past 30 years I would be afraid to guess how many people have been photographed in one of these chairs. People have tried to take these chairs with them, tried to buy them, but trust me they are never leaving the hotel…simply too valuable.

I’m glad you enjoyed our tropical atrium with its natural running creek and of course the restauranst that lies in the middle of this exotic greenery.

Checkers is our pub and its always a great place to take in a game of two…glad you enjoyed it.

WiFi is throughout the entire building and its always an on-going battle to maximize coverage to all corners of this very large property but we will endeavor to make sure that this is reviewed and made even better for you next visit with us.

As for the lakes in the area….I would love for the hotel to sit right on the lake, but unless I flood half of Vernon…its probable never going to happen…so I think I leave it where it is.

Again, thanks for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at Best Western PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Center for a week and a half while in town for work and had an incredible experience. The staff were amazing and went above and beyond to ensure I felt at home during my stay: always smiling, friendly, approachable and quick to make changes to accommodate my needs: Shout out to Carson the entertaining bartender at BX Creek Bar & Grill, his manager who is the most personable human being in the world and Dani in Branches cafe for always having a smile on her face! Let's not forget the awesome Front Desk staff who dealt with me continuously extending my stay.

The included breakfast was awesome: fresh fruit, hot pancakes & other hot breakfast options like omelettes, eggs, hash browns and toast. Probably the best I have experienced in comparison to other hotel's which is usually a buffet style consisting of hard boiled eggs and packaged yoghurt.

There was a "Go Green" program going on during my stay (which is hopefully a continuous program) where you have the option to "opt out" of housekeeping for a couple days at a time and in return receive a $10 voucher for the restaurants on site (BX Creek is unreal and has great and delicious options).

I was very sad to leave and would 100% stay here again in the future and recommend this gem of a find to anyone travelling to Vernon, B.C. in the future!

- Danielle from Vancouver

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Our staff is our biggest asset and they take great pride is all they do and I will make sure they all get to know how you felt they treated you.

The included breakfast is a new initiative for us and I am very pleased you noticed we are doing things a little different from other hotels and chains…for the better.

BX Creek Bar & Grill & Branches are absolutely fantastic experiences, not only the very unique setting of being in our tropical forest, but the food from our new executive chef and the staff makes it all a very memorable outing…thanks for bringing it up as I strongly agree with you.

Yes, the “Go-Green” is here to stay…we have been running it for a year now to tremendous success.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

White Rock, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I requested a room near elevator when I first booked, then when I confirmed, then when they sent me the confirmation email.
I didn't get a room near the elevator.

The front doors were full of finger prints whenever I passed through them.

Washrooms in rooms are small.

Staff were very friendly and helpful when I had questions.

Rooms were neat and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Parking was easy. Hotel location is very convenient.

Room Tip: I was facing the main highway, I was not bothered by traffic noise at all
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GMClausLarsen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our performance. We always take requests and try our hardest to make sure all requests are met, but sometimes, especially when the hotel is full, it just isn’t possible and I hope you still had a great stay with us even though we were not able to get you the exact room you wanted.

Yes, finger prints are ever returning though we polish, glass doors, stainless steel doors numerous time every day…it’s a battle and thanks to your comment, I will take it up with my team again in order to do a better job of this.

I truly appreciate your comments and we are currently addressing the bathrooms in the hotel rooms by way of updating a new style of vanity, granite counter tops, sinks etc, which creates a lot more room…we still have 60 out of the 100 rooms to go.

I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff as they are always hard at work to make sure things are clean and tidy around here.

I hope to see you on one of your future stay’s with us.

Thanks

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for a lacrosse tournament. The hotel was reasonably priced. The food was good. The bar was very good and hopping. The pool for the kids was very nice. Breakfast was included and the fresh fruit was actually fresh fruit. All in all a great find.

Room Tip: We had an outside room in the back. No great view as it is the back of the hotel facing a hill with...
Dear Trip Advisor Member
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We constantly work very hard to stay competitive in today’s market and to ever increase the service to our guests.

Our newly introduced included breakfast is just one of those initiatives and I really appreciate the fact that you noticed the products we use are indeed “Fresh”.

As you will have found whilst staying here we have many facilities on site and the pool is always a “Hit” due to its location in our own little “Jungle”

I would encourage you to let us know of a certain room preference and location for your next stay so we can cater better to your needs as with all guests, we want to make sure you leave here a happy camper.

Lake Country, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

No matter if you are a single traveler or hosting a Conference of 300 The Vernon Best Western Conference Centre was absolutly amazing. The complete staff from the Conference & Catering Manager to Front Dest and best of all the Banquet Manager and staff went well above and beyond to make sure that all went well, even when we had more than expected for our Noon luncheon, The meals were hot and a tasty, with a great variety and best of all were healthy. I have never had such good meals at any Conference or Convention and we attended many. This is a wonderful facility for a conference and as the Conference Chairman I would not hesitate to book and return here again.
Rick & Marlene Conference Chair and Registrar

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMClausLarsen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor member,
It was a true pleasure having you meet and stay with us. I thank you for all of your praise and will make sure to pass it along to the entire staff.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great facility for a conference or group.
I recently attended a Lion/Lioness Conference at this Hotel.
Reservations were made for a group of 20. We were provided with 10 rooms in one area near the stairway to the conference, restaurant and lobby.
Check in was the smoothest at any conference i have attended.
I enjoyed a delicious dinner in the dining room and lunch in the bar. The conference meals for over 200 were delicious, hot and the food was plentiful.
It was a thoroughly pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The interior rooms overlooking the courtyard with the stream are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GMClausLarsen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate your comments and I will make sure the entire staff get the credit they deserve. Thank you for choosing to host your conference with us and we shall look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Claus Larsen

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!