“A Real Treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sparkling Hill Resort

You added Sparkling Hill Resort to your Saves list
Sparkling Hill Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Sparkling Place | Predator Ridge, Vernon, British Columbia V1H 2K7, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Paris, France
“A Real Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A relaxing experience! While I don't do a lot of spas I really enjoyed Sparkling Hill. The staff were helpful and the saunas and pool were a great treat. Restaurant was awesome, service was fabulous, wine list was impressive. Breakfast was great and even had gluten free options. View from the room was amazing.

The only catch is to ensure you eat if you are arriving late as there are not a lot of options once it closes. Although, it worth the drive to the Clubhouse at Predator Ridge. The banana pops should not be missed!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Christa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so great to hear that you found your visit to be a relaxing experience. We really do have a great team of staffs that are always ready to assist with any guests needs. I am so pleased that you found everything to be so wonderful from the steams and saunas to the restaurant to the kitchen to the breathtaking views!

Our Barrique & Java is open until midnight daily and we do have some light snack options available. If you are arriving late and are interested in having dinner with us, please do let the front desk know and we can certainly arrange something for you with our kitchen.

Again, thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

CEO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the place to go and recharge. The rooms (lake view) were gorgeous! A stand alone tub next to a wall of windows over looking the lake and mountains was overlooked by dozens of Surrounded by hiking trails, nature and spectacular views. Golf enthusiasts will love the adjacent Cougar Ridge course.

The staff were classy, helpful and attentive.

A touch of heaven after too many let downs in Mexico.

Spa is hands down one of the nicest in Canada. Steam rooms are unique and contemporary European. Indoor pool has underwater classical music!

The wine selection was great (but varies seasonally)

In reflection of many European wellness and spa resorts.. Luxurious white bathrobes are welcomed (optional) in dining area for breakfast only. I expletives this once in Austria and although odd at first by our 2 breakfast it was very enjoyable!!!

Not to missed... Pair up a few days of vineyard tours for perfect finish to you vacation. We arranged a car with front desk to bring us to Mission Hill for private wine tour, tasting then dinner on their amazing outdoor dining area over looking the lake.

• Stayed June 2013
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your raving review! It is so rewarding to hear when our guests find Sparkling Hill the place to go and recharge as this is what we hope to achieve with all of our guests. I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the guest room and all of the amenities that are offered with it.

We do have 12 km of beautiful hiking trails and Predator Ridge golf course right next door!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed wearing your luxurious white bathrobes during breakfast, majority of our guests greatly enjoy it since they can go straight to the KurSpa after breakfast.

You are absolutely right; a vineyard tour would be the prefect finish to any vacation! Our front desk team members are always available to arrange a wonderful wine tour for you, we have some great winery’s that surround us such as Ex Nihilo, 50th Parallel, Gray Monk and more!

Thank you again for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Surprised my girlfriend with overnight stay at Sparkling Hill. It was fantastic! Room was clean and romantic, dinner was delicious, breakfast is amazing! tried cold sauna -definitely recommend to try. Spa was top notch! If you are looking for a nice getaway, you will never be disappointed if you choose to come to Sparkling Hill. I will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your girlfriend greatly enjoyed your surprise! I have passed all of your great compliments onto all of our Managers; they will be so thrilled that you found everything to be fantastic.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back for another surprise or even planned visit!

Kind Regards,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for two nights via an offer booked on Sparkling Hill's webpage. What a marvel this property is. From the valet parking reception, to the friendly check-out, this resort is a sparkling jewel in the crown of BC's hotel options. It is worth the drive to Vernon for a long weekend well-spent.

The sauna area is absolutely amazing. The various rooms are all unique and each has something different to offer. Although I didn't partake, the clothing-optional 'European hour' would be welcome to visitors from across the Atlantic (or more adventurous North Americans).

The breakfast in the morning was nothing short of amazing. I was a little dismayed, however, at hearing one of the younger headband-wearing breakfast attendants openly gripe within my earshot that they were annoyed management was making them put out the full breakfast when they weren't very busy (we were there on a Thursday). Much of the staff is young and North American, but most were quite friendly - this grouser was the exception, thankfully. She should be so lucky to work in a lovely environment.

The dinner was just above average, and a little on the pricey side. We had wine and steak.

One 'complaint' is the lack of food available later in the evening. There is NOTHING available. Even if you go to the little cafe downstairs, there are only a couple of dessert options - some little sandwiches would be nice. Or even something in the mini bar other than expensive Coke and water. So a word of advice: until management brings in late-night food options (heck, even a crystal-buttoned vending machine would be great), please be sure to PACK YOUR OWN SNACKS!

I was hoping for a wider range of goodies in the gift shop - after all, this is a captive audience! But there were only a couple of really expensive baubles.

The rooms were amazing. The windows that you could pull aside like a door, the bath tub with the amazing view, and the walk-through shower....I could go on. There were a couple of holes in the bathrobes, but nothing indecent.

Those are just my minor notes. I highly recommend this beautiful property and am so pleased it's nestled here in the Okanagan.

Room Tip: Splurge for the lake view - it's totally worth it. Ask for a room nearer the elevators - ours wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your most recent visit. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your visit and that the service was great. I am also glad to hear that you found the steams and saunas and the breakfast to be amazing. The guest bedrooms truly are amazing as well and the views are spectacular!

I was however, disappointed to hear about the comment that one of the servers said while you were in the restaurant, I sincerely apologize for this as it is certainly not our service standard. It is unusual to hear that there were holes in your bathrobes, I apologize for this as well.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the lack of food that is available later in the evening, we are working on making this available to our guests hopefully soon!

Thank you again for your review and for recommending us, we truly appreciate it.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spur of the moment decision for our anniversary, amazing experience, exceptional facilities. Excellent room, great value with pool and spa facilities. Spectacular view from the indoor & outdoor pool, love he spa. The 5 course chef menu is worth every bite. Let's not forget all that Swarovski crystal everywhere, love it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard,

Thank you for your great review. I am so pleased to hear that you found your visit to be amazing. Congratulations on your Anniversary! We are very honored that you chose us to celebrate your anniversary with. I am thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our complimentary amenities so much. I have passed your kind comments regarding the 5 course Chef Menu onto our Executive Chef, he will be very pleased.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next anniversary or hopefully sooner!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sparkling Hills is slowly making changes towards becoming a health spa. I am still confused with there lack of healthy food options as they advocate health and wellness yet there is very little for organic, local produce. However they do have a multitude of high fat high sugar indulgences in their coffee bar. They have brought on a Naturopathic Dr which is a positive step. They are slowly working on fitness however I find the classes to be few and offered quite early. For a busy business owner I am going to a spa to relax not to be draw out of bed bright and early to exercise. The steam rooms and saunas are clean and beautifully laid out. A definite during y our stay. In addition the rooms showcase beautifully sweeping vies that will captivate your attention for sure.

Room Tip: Third floor 331
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you found the view in the rooms to be beautiful and the steams and saunas to be clean and well laid out. Thank you for noting that we have brought on a Naturopathic doctor, he has been with us for a few years now but we have recently also brought on a Psychiatrist. Our Barrique & Java offers numerous different types of salads, sandwiches and soups all made with as much local and organic product as possible.

We are currently planning on offering more fitness classes and greatly appreciate your feedback on having them later in the day rather than first thing in the morning, we will be considering this.

Thank you again for your feedback and for providing us with the opportunity to improve. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have recently had two incredible overnight stays with girlfriends at this world class resort. I am fortunate enough to live 2 minutes away (Predator Ridge Resort) and I have to pinch myself that such a breathtaking place is within walking distance.
It is clear that no expense was spared in building this incomparable resort and spa. The lobby is opulent, while remaining warm and inviting.The staff throughout the resort are fantastic; friendly and efficient as well as knowledgeable about the entire property. The very popular manager Hans-Peter Mayr has clearly created a great working environment for his employees.
The rooms are ultra cool and modern and the view is spectacular from anywhere in the hotel. The breakfast is included with the room and the buffet was expansive and delicious. We had a fantastic dinner and Nikki, our server was excellent. Joseph, the wine sommelier, is excellent as well, and has never steered us wrong with his picks.
Overall, the stay was perfect. I must also mention that this resort offers incredible value! While many hotels "nickel and dime" you, everything is included here (wifi, valet parking, spa access etc.). I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SparklingHill, Manager at Sparkling Hill Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear that you and your girlfriends had two incredible overnight stays at Sparkling Hill. We are also very fortunate to have a world class golf resort so close to us! Our staffs really are fantastic and are truly dedicated professionals that want every guests stay to be unique and memorable. It would be my absolute pleasure in sharing your thoughts with them, Nikki and Josef will be thrilled that you mentioned them by name!

I am also glad to read that you found the rooms to be comfortable and the view to be spectacular from anywhere in the hotel, I agree with you.

Thank you again for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

CEO

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!