“Excellent service, great atmosphere, worth the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sparkling Hill Resort

You added Sparkling Hill Resort to your Saves list
Sparkling Hill Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Sparkling Place | Predator Ridge, Vernon, British Columbia V1H 2K7, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent service, great atmosphere, worth the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The feeling was great from the moment we turned in and saw the hotel from a distance on the hill at night to the moment we entered the 5th or 6th sauna. Great experience and great get away from reality and to really actually relax, this coming from an engineering student.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I live in Vernon and had the pleasure to be guest at SParkling Hill a few times now. The welcome is always friendly and professional. The place is super clean and welcoming, the atmosphere calming and wordly. The room are beautiful with the best beds I have ever slepped in a hotel in. The view is breathtaking - pay the extra for the lake view!!! The spa area though is what I'm coming here for! After a day in sauna, steam room, pool, serenity room your body feels like new! Thank you Sparkling Hill for a being a great place to "getaway from it all" and thanks to the great management leading this place to be leading.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

As stated by many before me, Sparkling Hills is indeed beautiful to behold. It is perfectly situated on its perch overlooking Okanagan Lake. Truly a beautiful sight. It is a serene and secluded resort completely surrounded by nature. Stunning. Thats about as far as my praise goes.. My experience was far from pleasant. I had originally booked 2 nights, but found that one was more then enough to send me running for the doors...
What was supposed to be a mini vacation filled with the promise of rest and relaxation, turned into a nightmare; It started with check in (which we did at the appropriate time), when our room was not ready on time. We were asked to "walk around" and "sight see" while they prepared our room. After 45 minutes of aimlessly walking around, we were able to finally go up to our room and unload. After our long trip that was a welcome change. excited to use the spa, we unpacked and changed quickly.. only to find I had recieved a ripped robe, and my companion's robe was dirty.. another set back.. after we spoke to the spa receptionist ( who's manner was more or less abrasive) we headed into the spa to enjoy its many different sauna's and pools.. again misfortune took over and we were left to enjoy the one available suana ( which was very nice) however as a paying customer I would have liked to be able to enjoy all the saunas that were supposed to be included in our package... the showers were not working, and the sauna room was littered with paper cups and wet abandoned slippers and towels.. not the serene and relaxing environment we were promised...
As the dinner hour approached, my companion and I readied ourselves in our rooms.. surely a nice dress, and a sharp suit would be acceptable for a five star, fine dining establishment. It was more then acceptable. Infact bare feet, and robes are the new "5 star experience."
A fun menu with an exciting concept. It changes every day. We decided to have a 3 course dinner. We started our meal with an amuse bouche.. which the server could tell us nothing about. A poor young girl who was tongue tied dropped the plate on our table and left. We were served bread (dinner buns from Cobbs bread) and butter. I would have thought such a prestigious world renown resort might have a pastry chef who would take care of that. Our first course came shortly after that... we opted to have a lovely selection of artisan cheeses with our bottle of wine. The presentation was simple and tasteful. The cheese was room tempurature and delicious to the last bite. All in all, a wonderful way to start a meal. Our main courses followed ( 40 minutes after our first course had been cleared) I ordered the chicken supreme and my companion had the steak. My chicken was dry, the bone had been broken off so I was left with a burnt, broken and unattractive finished product. The skin was gummy and completely unappetizing. The `demi`served with my chicken was extremely bitter, and I think it is completely inexcusable to not have a single vegetable on a dinner plate! When I asked for a side of vegetables I recieved a plate of crunchy brocoli and sliced red peppers. Are you kidding me? My companions steak was nicely cooked. Served with potatoes that were very under seasoned, and again... very little and completely ordinary vegetables. What a disappointment. Hoping for a positive note at the end of the meal was again.. to much to ask for. I recieved a cold, rock solid streudal ( isnt that a traditional austrian dessert?) and my partner had a tiny piece of chocolate brownie... They called it silk cake.. I call it a 2 bite brownie. Once everything was said and done, and we paid our $$$ bill. We left hungry, unsatisfied, and completely turned off of this disaster.
Not only did our server do nothing to better our experience in the restaurant,not a single resort employee was friendly or helpful. The lack of training and appropriate managment is blatantly obvious. We checked out after only one night. ( Dont get me started on how that went)
Well done Sparkling Hills. Your reputation preceeds you, and I will certainly go out of my way to make sure people stay far away from this European calamity.

Room Tip: Check your robes, check your sheets, and check your shower. If you have pets.. you will be forced to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Sparkling Hill Resort is awesome in beauty, a different world with a reclusive escape from our busy world. Perched on a mountainous top, adjoining the Predator Ridge Golf Resort, the structure is solid and enhanced with floor to ceiling windows and engraved with 3.5 million crystals from Swarovski elements. Take your camera to tour the premise, which encases several floors, an impressive restaurant ambience, 40,000 sq. ft. spa, and the ultimate in guest rooms. It's mission would be to refine "wellness' by the many therapies and treatments offered. It includes a library, convention centre, and the outdoors in its surroundings has many walking trails. Even an over-nighter will feel renewed and refreshed by the peacefulness and fresh air. It is a 4-Season Resort, and I would enjoy reserving the experience of each season in this beautiful setting.

Room Tip: Upper floor, lakeside
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Sparkling Hill is a resort connected to the Swarovski crystal company and theri crystals are key decorative pieces throughout the resort and the room. This is an European spa environment for adults with may choices for guests - several types of saunas including a herbal sauna, salt steam, rose petal steam, an ice room, - all developed with the European practice of going from hot to cold to hot. There is also a large therapy based whirlpool, a walking pool, etc. Of course massages etc are available as well as a -110 Celecius therapy room. There are great hiking trails and magnificant views as the resort is built at the top of a small mountain overlooking Lake Okanagan. A great restaurant tops it all off.

Room Tip: Great rates if you travel in the off season - ask for their special when you call in.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Salmon Arm, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The pool in the morning was so peaceful, and swiming out to the outside pool was quite invigorating. Looking over the lake from there was breathtaking as well. with the morning clouds hanging low. The servers in the resturant for supper and in the morning, for breakfast, were profesional which was very pleasant. I had a wonderful restful time with my husband who works everyday. They have free Wifi. Be sure to drink lots of water while taking part of the many saunas of all kinds. It was heavenly bliss. Thank you for the great service A-1 all around! I will be back, and have told all my friends too.

Room Tip: I am sure any room would be wonderful
canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We won a package to Sparkling Hill at a Charity Fundraiser.
Three times we contacted the front desk to book this, and requested to upgrade our package to a bigger better package, and of course, purchase the upgrade.

VERY strangely. It takes over a week for answers, and we are first told that we are not allowed to buy upgrades? They say they have to check with the manager if we are allowed to buy an upgrade - and then never get back to us!

And then when we clarify that we want to stay for more than one night, and to pay for that we are ignored.

This is my last attempt to contact them and seek out the manager before selling this. Sadly we were really looking forward to this for our anniversary - All hotels allow you to purchase upgrades, and of course for a special event like a 22nd anniversary - we wanted to pull out all the stops and expenses.

What is even stranger is our package is FULL of the sheets for the upgrades we could choose from???

Still have not been able to book in and my husband thinks we should drive all the way there to address this and get our booking!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!