“You have to see it to believe it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sparkling Hill Resort

You added Sparkling Hill Resort to your Saves list
Sparkling Hill Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   888 Sparkling Place | Predator Ridge, Vernon, British Columbia V1H 2K7, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“You have to see it to believe it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent a girls weekend (mom and two adult daughters) at Sparkling Hill and could not have been more pleased. Swarovski owned, this place spared NO expense in adding a crystal/sparkling touch to just about everything (not kidding: crystals in the cement walls in the parking lots, crystals embedded in the backs of chairs, hanging in the pine trees outside, encrusted in the mirrors and ceilings in our rooms...EVERYWHERE). It is truly one of the most magnificent hotels I have ever stayed in. Our room overlooking the Okanagan was exceptional and very clean. They even have a sliding window wall giving you full access to the outdoors (though no patio).

The spa itself was gorgeous! We especially enjoyed the seven sauna/steam rooms each with a different theme and temperature. We never felt too crowded either based on the size. The pools were great, one large hot tub indoors, one cooler pool indoors and a large outdoor pool with amazing views once again. We each also had a facial and enjoyed our treatments. The prices are high but comparable to other high end spas. (I would suggest though, that you do not charge guests to use lockers in the spa...! We are paying too much money to be there!).

One minor negative comment I would make is around the food. It is good but not excellent, especially for the prices. The morning buffet is average (scrambled eggs, sausage/ham, fruit, cereal, toast, etc.) and the dinner was quite good but not 5 star. Lots of 'game' type food (rabbit, elk, etc.). For lunches, we found the bistro (Barrique & Java) downstairs to be quite good for sandwiches, salads, etc.

This place is perfect for couples and girlfriends. Do NOT bring your families here, this is no place for kids (no places to play, kids not allowed in the spa). It is upscale, elegant and a perfect place for adults to relax in peace and quiet (and only about 45 min drive from Kelowna at the top of Predator Ridge hill).

I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Okanagan. This is a MUST!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Kamloops, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very disappointed family .... we never actually got there having, luckily, discovered the morning before our arrival, that kids would not be allowed in the pools or spa areas!! We did go up to the golf resort pub for supper which was v nice, however, and quite relaxed about having our dog w/us, who sat in a shady spot outside whilst we ate on the patio.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I found Sparkling Hills to be one of the most beautiful & pleasurable resort spas I have been to. The staff right from the bellboy to the check-in attendants & ALL of the staff working in the spa. Everyone was more than polite & more than courteous & helpful. Lindsey Hull definitely stood out the most. She was extra friendly & knowledgable of the spa & services. I am looking forward to spending another get away there this Thursday July 26th

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are by far the "Best"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This resort is exquisite and unique, my room had a tub by the window which overlooked the lake very scenic and serene. We had a private dinner which was amazing with great wine pairing. The spa was elegant but did lack ambience none the less it was totally relaxing and I loved the pools.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have had the expericence of Sparkling Hills twice now. First of all the location is unbelievable - the property is outstanding - the amentiees are above first class.

Any one that would like the "Spa" experience - will get more than just that by visiting this property.

The building and the views are comparable to nothing else I have seen. Spa experience is wonderful, pools are great! - dinning room experience was wonderful.

What more can I say!!!!!

Room Tip: Two choices when booking to consider. Lake view or Green belt view. Both are so nice. Soaker tub...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had high hopes when we booked a room at Sparkling Hill Resort for two nights, after a busy trip in Vancouver. What a total disappointment.

SERVICE: From the start, customer service was below average. Having arrived in the afternoon, I asked if there were any newspapers left from the morning. The answer was that the paper-boy hadn't come today. No one had bothered going to a convenience store to buy some papers for the clientèle. There weren't any papers the day after either. When we asked for a late checkout (Noon instead of 11 am), it was refused without checking if our room was booked (which I highly doubt since the hotel was at less that 25 % occupation). When we asked to use the pool for that extra hour, it was also refused. "You need to leave at checkout", we were told. how rude.

SPA: Although the hotel was at about 25 % occupation, there were not enough registered massage therapist available, meaning only one of us received a massage at Kurspa (which I would avoid as it is overpriced and below average).

SAUNAS : The saunas were great, at least the ones that worked. One of the saunas was out of order, some of the "experience" showers weren't working. Mostly, it is the odd opening hours that were a problem. The saunas are open from 9 to 11 am, and then from 4 pm to 10 pm.

POOL: Nothing wrong to say about the pools (there are actually 4, not 7 as advertised)

RESTAURANT: while the breakfast were fine, the other restaurant was unimpressive. I paid 12 $ for a sandwich, which is fine, but it came with no side salad or anything else. Service was OK.

LIBRARY: there was only one French book, and there were several german books. I would've liked to see some english or french magazines but they were mostly forgotten books from past customers.

That being said, the building itself is quite impressive. It's just too bad everything else is wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the pool and the lake, on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am a previous spa owner and I expected a WOW experience but I was dumbfounded as to how HORRIBLE this place was!!!
The ambiance was cold - it was not a wow factor.
My friend and I checked-in on time 20mins before our massage. The receptionist only had a set of robe, towel and slippers for my friend. It took 15mins just to get my own set!!! Are you kidding me??? You know the time of my appointment and you have to walk two floors just to get mine???

Change room: you will not see any extra towels there! Zero amenities! Hand soap and lotion on the wall and that's basically it! No q-tips, no face lotion - completely bare!!! no flowers, no deco, can this be anymore clinical? No hooks in the shower so you have to put all your clean clothes and towels on the floor!

Tea room is so bare! No magazines, no snacks, no fresh flowers! There was two kinds of tea and it was so bitter because it hadn't been freshen up. No one was tending to this area. There's only two kinds of water. The tea room is a relaxation area but how can you relax when it wasn't inviting! Plus it's coed - a place this big, why not have separate areas for men and women? They charge $40 for using the sauna, steam room and pool...are you joking???

My massage started late and finished early! I'm suppose to get 1hr but got 45mins!!! The lights were so bright the entire time and I told the girl to turn down the lights - i'm not getting surgery here so let's turn the darn lights down! But she must have been deaf because she just ignored me. She talked so much about how cheap management was and their wages are horrible...i'm not surprised because this place smells "CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP".

Upon check-out I wanted to buy some chocolates that they were advertising. The small bag was $25 and they charged me $3 to sample two pieces! Again...are you kidding me??? They ding you for every little thing. The girl that sold it to me didn't know how any of the chocolates tasted....why not? If you don't know anything about this chocolate then how do you expect to make a sale?

THIS PLACE IS TRULY DISAPPOINTING!!! THE WORST SO CALLED HIGH END SPA I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place!!!!!!!!!!! Stay at Predator Ridge instead.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sparkling Hill Resort? Share your experiences!