“Great golf resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Predator Ridge Resort

You added Predator Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Predator Ridge Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   301 Village Centre Place, Vernon, British Columbia V1H1T2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
“Great golf resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I went to Predator Ridge on a golf vacation with my golf foursome. I had been there about 10 years ago and knew we would be treated to some of the best golf in Canada. This is the first time I actually stayed on the property and it certainly did not disappoint. The cottages were sufficient for 4 people with single beds. Although bed rooms were a tad small the living area was fine and ample seating room and access to kitchen and deck facilities overlooking the course. The weather cooperated and tee times were perfect to allow us to complete our rounds early on each of the 5 days to either head back to the unit to kick back and relax, replay a round or just hang out at the club for food and drink. We ate most meals at the resort. The meals were excellent with good variety and exemplary service. I would like to return here with my wife next time.

• Stayed May 2014
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Marcel,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your resort experience with us. It sounds like you had a great time and I am thankful you would like to share the Predator Ridge experience with your wife in the near future. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

General Manager, Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have qualified for the over $100k travel spend with Amex for many years so I hope that qualifies me as a legitimate reviewer. I love staying at the Ritz properties and would say that the ambiance, rooms, and service at Predator Ridge would be on par. (pardon the pun).
We have just finished a week long stay and it was incredible. The rooms were rustic, quiet and comfortable. Just what we were hoping for.
The hikes were absolutely magnificant..also had many intereresting conversations along the trail.
All the meals were fantastic. We ate in the dining room and the Range Restaurant.
Bobbie who served us in the Range Restaurant was simply delightful.
I am hoping that all the time I spent on the Range is going to drop my handicap by at least 5 when I get back home!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Predator Ridge and also for trying Range Lounge and Grill. We are very appreciative of the fact that you understand world class service and recognize it in our resort. We value your business and and appreciate your feedback immensely.

We hope to see you again in the very near future!

Happy Travels,

Rod Cochrane,
GM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was a very tough year for our family after being diagnosed with cancer and 8 rounds of Chemo and a Stem Cell transplant it was time to take the family and get away. We have enjoyed Predator in the past for the hospitality wonderful accommodations and great golf. I thank the folks at Predator for their kindness it helps the healing. We all look forward to another day at Predator Ridge. Thanks again
Larry L

Room Tip: Falcon Point is a great location and everyone gets their own bathroom
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RodCochrane, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Larry,

We are so sorry to hear of the health issues that have affected your family over the past year. It is very comforting and satisfying for our entire team to hear that your retreat at Predator Ridge was a positive and memorable one.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your family again and on behalf of our entire team, we wish you and your family the best in your battle with cancer.

GM, Resort
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Played 4 rounds of golf in four days......loved the Falcon Point Vilas. A small walk to the clubhouse but absolutely beautiful overlooking the 17th putting green and the 18th fairway. We are returning guests and have established high expectations from Predator Ridge based on previous visits. It was clear that the restaurant was attempting to work through the new menu in conjunction with the new Head Chef. We ate 7 meals in the restaurant over the course of 5 days. Most were ok at best. I eventually provided some feedback on my disappointment with their most expensive dish (believe me I never complain about food). It was about providing feedback to allow them to recalibrate and improve!
We couldn't have asked for a more professional response - the next night the meal was OFF THE CHARTS good.......in other words they are certainly capable of putting out good food.

All in all - Predator Ridge is a no brainer for value and decompression for those still running in the rat race!!!

We will be back - same place same time next year!

Room Tip: The villas are quiet and secluded however it's a small jaunt to the restaurant and clubhouse. T...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for staying at Predator Ridge and also playing our golf courses. We are very appreciative of the fact that you return to our facility on an ongoing basis and we value your business and feedback immensely.

I'm sorry to hear that your meals did not meet or exceed your expectations. I am very happy to hear that you provided constructive feedback and that we were able to rise to the occasion for you! We are 100% confident in our new Head Chef and our skilled culinary team. We are taking a renewed approach that focuses on local, fresh, sustainable in-house made dishes. I'm sure that you will find even more tantalizing items on the menu on your next trip to our resort.

Thank-you so much for providing in put and for being a loyal Predator Ridge customer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights to kick-start our honeymoon in August, 2013. Our room was spacious, clean, and offered a beautiful of the golfing grounds. There was even an bottle of champagne and cheese platter with a personalize card to congratulate us on our wedding. All the staff were polite and helpful. Dinner at the Range restaurant was phenomenal - great service, fast, delicious and affordable.

Our plan for the remainder of our honeymoon was a short trip south to Summerland and Penticton before boarding a plane in Kelowna en route to Alaska for a week long cruise given to us as a wedding present from our family. While staying in Summerland, we were notified by Celebrity Cruises (never again will I ever book with them) that our cruise was cancelled due to mechanical issues on the ship. This was two days before we were supposed to board, and needless to say, we were devastated. Because of our stay at Predator Ridge at the beginning of the week, we decide to rebook to salvage our honeymoon plans. We were treated like royalty. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our experience so memorable. When we are back in the area, we will definitely be staying with you again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your review. Congratulations to you and your wife. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your resort experience with us. It sounds like you both had a great time and I am thankful you made us part of such a special occasion. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

250-503-3418
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are locals and decided to have a night away from the kids. We rented a one bedroom unit in the Lodge and we couldn't have been happier. The layout was more condo than hotel and the bathroom was amazing. I don't know what the rates are in the summer but the winter rate was super reasonable. The restaurant was closed but the unit has a well equipped full kitchen. There is a market on property so we purchased everything we needed to make a gourmet breakfast! The in-room coffee was very good. The views are amazing and the atmosphere was relaxing. Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this winter. I am glad you took advantage of our new Commonage Market and create a delicious sounding breakfast. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

250-503-3418
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The rooms are very nicely appointed and we loved them. We had a one bedroom suite and a two bedroom suite for the six of us.

Once I made the room reservation, I sent a message asking to make a dinner reservation for 10 people for the evening we were going to be there. It seemed to be possible, but then I somehow became embroiled in signing a contract for the dinner reservation. I didn't really understand why that was necessary for a dinner reservation. It was finally explained to me just a few days before our scheduled visit that the restaurant was actually closed that night for private parties. I had received a notice of reduced hours from the hotel, but it didn't mention anything about the restaurant being closed that night and only available for special parties. I mentioned that I would have appreciated knowing that when I initially asked about the dinner reservation. What would have happened if we had just arrived and gone looking for dinner in the restaurant? We would have been out of luck and miles from another option!

So anyway, we had the booking and went off to the restaurant. It was a nice dinner buffet, but I don't think we really experienced the best of what they had to offer. Signs on the items at the buffet would have been a good idea. The server was very nice and took care of us. I have to say though that it became very noisy with all the other groups there for Christmas parties. We were there for a 65th wedding anniversary celebration for my parents and everyone found it hard to hear after a while.

Initially when we arrived at the restaurant, there was a huge screen in the dining hall with the crackling fireplace playing, giving the restaurant a lovely, warm ambiance. Just after we got our meals, the management made the very odd decision to replace that image with a televised hockey game. As far as I could tell, no one in the room was watching it and it seemed to totally out of place. I guess that elegant ambiance is not the image they were striving for that night despite the low lighting and dinner music.

There was a DJ who played a wide variety of music, but not much that attracted a crowd to the dance floor. He did play a couple of nice songs and announced that my parents were there celebrating their 65th anniversary. Everyone clapped after they danced.

One couple in our group left around 9 pm. It took them many attempts to get their bill from the server. I don't know why. When my husband went to pay for the rest of us (6 people), he was told that it was usual to tip 18% for groups! 18% for a buffet dinner for 6 people? He was not amused and nor am I. I don't know what constitutes a group but I would have thought that 6-8 people making a dinner reservation is pretty normal. And a buffet is not a lot of work for a server really, is it?!

On the way out, going down the steps, my 86 year old father fell on the steps. While he was uninjured, no one from the restaurant seemed to notice or care. I was appalled.

The next morning I looked at the information in the room to find out about options for breakfast. I was advised that the restaurant was completely SOLD OUT for a Santa brunch. No one had mentioned this at any time win my correspondence with the hotel. The front desk staff was unhelpful and told us at about 10 minutes past ten that we could try the restaurant at Sparkling Hills - which served breakfast until 10 am!

At that point the six of us were frustrated and unhappy. We decided to go elsewhere seeking breakfast.

Apart from our server in the restaurant, who told us that the only upside of the noisy restaurant was that there was at least a DJ that night, no one made us feel special or overly welcome. It is an expensive resort and the service did not match our expectations at all.

While the facilities are very nice I could not recommend this hotel and facilities. Maybe it is better outside of the Christmas holiday season.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Ms. Williams,

Rather than make excuses for the series of errors and miscommunication that you and your group endured, I would just like to fully and sincerely apologize on behalf of our team.

We strive to provide an experience that exceeds expectations (not just a cliche here) and we clearly failed miserably with this very special occasion for you and your guests.

I can assure you that we will review with the team and will take any steps possible to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

We sincerely hope that your father is feeling okay and hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you how the experience should have gone for your group.

I would like to discuss this experience with you personally, please contact me at the email address below.

250-542-3436
rcochrane@predatorridge.com

Been to Predator Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!