“Simply outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Predator Ridge Resort

You added Predator Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Predator Ridge Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   301 Village Centre Place, Vernon, British Columbia V1H1T2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Vernon
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights to kick-start our honeymoon in August, 2013. Our room was spacious, clean, and offered a beautiful of the golfing grounds. There was even an bottle of champagne and cheese platter with a personalize card to congratulate us on our wedding. All the staff were polite and helpful. Dinner at the Range restaurant was phenomenal - great service, fast, delicious and affordable.

Our plan for the remainder of our honeymoon was a short trip south to Summerland and Penticton before boarding a plane in Kelowna en route to Alaska for a week long cruise given to us as a wedding present from our family. While staying in Summerland, we were notified by Celebrity Cruises (never again will I ever book with them) that our cruise was cancelled due to mechanical issues on the ship. This was two days before we were supposed to board, and needless to say, we were devastated. Because of our stay at Predator Ridge at the beginning of the week, we decide to rebook to salvage our honeymoon plans. We were treated like royalty. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our experience so memorable. When we are back in the area, we will definitely be staying with you again,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your review. Congratulations to you and your wife. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your resort experience with us. It sounds like you both had a great time and I am thankful you made us part of such a special occasion. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

250-503-3418

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are locals and decided to have a night away from the kids. We rented a one bedroom unit in the Lodge and we couldn't have been happier. The layout was more condo than hotel and the bathroom was amazing. I don't know what the rates are in the summer but the winter rate was super reasonable. The restaurant was closed but the unit has a well equipped full kitchen. There is a market on property so we purchased everything we needed to make a gourmet breakfast! The in-room coffee was very good. The views are amazing and the atmosphere was relaxing. Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us this winter. I am glad you took advantage of our new Commonage Market and create a delicious sounding breakfast. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The rooms are very nicely appointed and we loved them. We had a one bedroom suite and a two bedroom suite for the six of us.

Once I made the room reservation, I sent a message asking to make a dinner reservation for 10 people for the evening we were going to be there. It seemed to be possible, but then I somehow became embroiled in signing a contract for the dinner reservation. I didn't really understand why that was necessary for a dinner reservation. It was finally explained to me just a few days before our scheduled visit that the restaurant was actually closed that night for private parties. I had received a notice of reduced hours from the hotel, but it didn't mention anything about the restaurant being closed that night and only available for special parties. I mentioned that I would have appreciated knowing that when I initially asked about the dinner reservation. What would have happened if we had just arrived and gone looking for dinner in the restaurant? We would have been out of luck and miles from another option!

So anyway, we had the booking and went off to the restaurant. It was a nice dinner buffet, but I don't think we really experienced the best of what they had to offer. Signs on the items at the buffet would have been a good idea. The server was very nice and took care of us. I have to say though that it became very noisy with all the other groups there for Christmas parties. We were there for a 65th wedding anniversary celebration for my parents and everyone found it hard to hear after a while.

Initially when we arrived at the restaurant, there was a huge screen in the dining hall with the crackling fireplace playing, giving the restaurant a lovely, warm ambiance. Just after we got our meals, the management made the very odd decision to replace that image with a televised hockey game. As far as I could tell, no one in the room was watching it and it seemed to totally out of place. I guess that elegant ambiance is not the image they were striving for that night despite the low lighting and dinner music.

There was a DJ who played a wide variety of music, but not much that attracted a crowd to the dance floor. He did play a couple of nice songs and announced that my parents were there celebrating their 65th anniversary. Everyone clapped after they danced.

One couple in our group left around 9 pm. It took them many attempts to get their bill from the server. I don't know why. When my husband went to pay for the rest of us (6 people), he was told that it was usual to tip 18% for groups! 18% for a buffet dinner for 6 people? He was not amused and nor am I. I don't know what constitutes a group but I would have thought that 6-8 people making a dinner reservation is pretty normal. And a buffet is not a lot of work for a server really, is it?!

On the way out, going down the steps, my 86 year old father fell on the steps. While he was uninjured, no one from the restaurant seemed to notice or care. I was appalled.

The next morning I looked at the information in the room to find out about options for breakfast. I was advised that the restaurant was completely SOLD OUT for a Santa brunch. No one had mentioned this at any time win my correspondence with the hotel. The front desk staff was unhelpful and told us at about 10 minutes past ten that we could try the restaurant at Sparkling Hills - which served breakfast until 10 am!

At that point the six of us were frustrated and unhappy. We decided to go elsewhere seeking breakfast.

Apart from our server in the restaurant, who told us that the only upside of the noisy restaurant was that there was at least a DJ that night, no one made us feel special or overly welcome. It is an expensive resort and the service did not match our expectations at all.

While the facilities are very nice I could not recommend this hotel and facilities. Maybe it is better outside of the Christmas holiday season.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Ms. Williams,

Rather than make excuses for the series of errors and miscommunication that you and your group endured, I would just like to fully and sincerely apologize on behalf of our team.

We strive to provide an experience that exceeds expectations (not just a cliche here) and we clearly failed miserably with this very special occasion for you and your guests.

I can assure you that we will review with the team and will take any steps possible to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

We sincerely hope that your father is feeling okay and hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you how the experience should have gone for your group.

I would like to discuss this experience with you personally, please contact me at the email address below.

General Manager, Resort
250-542-3436
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our stay at Predator Ridge was really lovely. We booked a Studio in The Lodge and it provided everything we needed - the kitchen was well-equipped and there was lots to do even if you do not golf. The Fitness Centre was large and filled with just about any exercise equipment you might be looking for. The indoor pool was great for swimming lengths and the outdoor pool was still heated so useable on a cool evening. The tennis court was in excellent condition as well. If you like to hike, there are some great trails from easy to difficult. We walked to Outlook Cabin and sat and enjoyed a drink and snack with the most amazing view of the lake and mountains and then did the Birdie Lake Loop through the woods - both easy. The staff was attentive and welcoming. All of this, combined with a truly spectacular natural setting and 2 awesome golf courses was very impressive. Can;t wait to go back again!

Room Tip: The top floor (4th) is very quiet and even though we did not face the golf course, the view was stil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Debra,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience all that our resort has to offer. We are very proud of our resort and we value the feedback of our guests.

CALGARY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in a One Bedroom in the lodge, top notch amenities in the room, felt more like a home than a hotel ,everything first class . Wished we could have stayed longer. Balcony over looking golf course was a bonus and nice place to have your morning coffee or glass of wine at night.
Look forward to going back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Predator Ridge R, General Manager at Predator Ridge Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy the spectacular view of the golf course and surroundings.

Ayrshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Visited Predator Ridge on a weekend break in July 2013 and found the facilities to be excellent. Rooms are well equipped suite type rooms and have everything required and more. The resort itself is large and has very beautiful scenery and the building is designed such that almost all rooms have stunning views.

The gym/swimming pool complex is excellent and being a gym user, I found the gym facilities and various machines to be exceptional in quality and unusually in my experience of resort gymnasia, all in perfect working order.

Staying and eating/drinking at the resort is not particularly cheap but quality is good. Unsurprisingly the resort is weighted heavily towards golfing holidays but it is after all branded as a golf resort so this should come as no surprise. I am not a golfer however and found plenty of other activities within the complex to keep me entertained.

The complex is also perfectly located for use as a base to explore the lakes, mountains and wineries of the Vernon region.

Being golf orientated means of course that the atmosphere in some sections of the resort suffers from an element of golf snobbery but this is probably more attributable to certain patrons, rather than the resort itself.

A beautiful location, well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to enjoy all the amenities of our resort.

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed in one of the Falcon Point Villas for a few nights in August. We had a beautiful view of the golf course (I could watch my husband as he went by playing his round!). The villa was very nice: lots of space, very clean, good amenities and a beautiful balcony. Our only complaint about the room was that some of the amenities were a bit old - big old boxy TV, no blu-ray player, etc which was kind of a shame because we did spend some time in our villa and would have loved it to be a bit more updated. The villa was quiet and the pool close by was very convenient.

My one big complaint about the stay in general was the customer service. When we booked, we made a note that we had a wedding to attend at 4pm so if we could get in an hour and a half early, that would be great (we were driving from Vancouver so needed to freshen up). I then called a week before our trip to confirm they received the note and they said there is nothing they could do about it and to call back the morning of our check-in date. So I did that and they said they'd try their best. Anyways, long story short, our room was not ready and the girls at the front desk seemed really unconcerned about it and just told us to get ready in the lobby bathrooms. We finally got into our room just before we had to leave for the wedding so we were able to quickly get ourselves together, but we were very disappointed that they couldn't be more accommodating; especially considering what time checkout was, we thought they'd have been able to get it done.

Aside from that, very nice stay...we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane,

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Falcon Point Villa. Since they are privately owned units each village/cottage is different inside and up to the owners to enhance.

I am disappointed to read about your experience with our front desk staff and I will be speaking with our accommodations manager about this.

250-503-3418

Been to Predator Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!