“Loud and Bust - Perfect on a Saturday Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Darcy's Pub

Darcy's Pub
1127 Wharf Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 1T7, Canada (Formerly Darcy's Wharf Street Pub) (Downtown)
250.380.1322
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Victoria, Canada
“Loud and Bust - Perfect on a Saturday Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Enjoyed this place very much. It was loud and packed to the brim, but the servers still managed to wade through the crowds for above-average bar service. The drinks were a little on the pricey side, but well made. The live music was a nice background. Note that there is cover after 10.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Loved the chicken wings!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for a quick drink and a meal of deep fried chicken wings and burgers. The food was excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Good food, great staff, we'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We ended up eating lunch on Darcy's patio at first because Local (next door) had a 20 min wait and a snotty hostess. Darcy's had a spot on the patio by the railing so we could tie our dog up and sit next to her. It seemed to be the place to be if you're lunching with your dog as there were 4 other dogs along the same railing.
Our server was a very friendly girl. She took our drink order and the manager came with them after a few minutes then took our lunch order.
We sat back, chatted with the tables around us, watched a hip hop group dance in bastion square. We didn't realize that our order was taking a longtime to come out. We looked around and all the other tabes around us, that sat down after us, we're all eating. The manager came to our table with a basket of chips and salsa, he kneeled down beside our table and said,

"I'm really sorry guys, I took your order then got distracted andi or got to punch it in. The kitchen is working on it right now it shouldn't be much longer. I know you said you were hungry (referring to my husband who made a comment while ordering) so I hope these chips will tide you ver until your food comes out, again, I'm really sorry and I'll take care of you bill today"

While it was unfortunate that the food took a little longer we really appreciated his honesty and his attempt to make it right. He was very friendly and professional.

The food was very good. My husband ordered the fish n chips and I had the falafel wrap in naan bread. Both were very tasty. We will definitely be going back to Darcy's. they were nice to our dog, they were nice to us, we had a great experience.

Puyallup, Washington
“Very good fish and chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Had the fish and chips and a local beer for lunch. Nice casual place. Good staff. They play rock and roll music from my generation, so I got to tap my feet a bit. It was enjoyable and I will return.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Cod and Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Location great, service great, food (especially the cod and chips) was excellent. Got exactly what I was hoping for right down to the reasonable price.

Visited September 2012