“Yum!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #715 of 1,107 Restaurants in Victoria
Canada
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I don't live in Victoria anymore but when I visit, I love me some sabri's. Great, affordable lunch buffet. May not be the largest selection, but I always ave enough!

“Disappointing curries”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Whilst the owner of this restaurant is from Pakistan the flavours have been adapted for North America. The curries are not authentiacally cooked. The sauces are added overtop of the meats.

“We will never return!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went out to Sabri last night. We are regular customers who on this night chose to use an entertainment book coupon for 50% off the second person. The coupon clearly states, "Holidays excluded". When we went to pay she said, "no not tonight. You can use it next time but tonight because of the holiday you cannot". Both my wife and I looked at her puzzled. But it's a Sunday. Sunday Dec, 23rd to be exact. Not wanting to argue with her, I chose to take this as them not living up to their word and for that I will never be back and I will certainly let friends in on their practices as well.

Although the food is acceptable the business practices are not, so I feel strongly that it deserves a poor rating from me.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What happened, Sabri's?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I were regulars for the majority of 2011 (once a week or so). What happened in 2012?? The food we came to love was always fresh, hot and delicious. We ate here earlier this year and thought they were having an 'off night'. All restaurants do. We tried it again tonight, and WOW!, what a disappointment. The food was, for the most part, cold (as if staff were trying to reheat leftovers in the steam table). Some dishes were OK (ie. the sauced curries and the rice), but the naan and pakoras were gross - cold, chewy, tasted like they were made days ago.
The raita was extremely watery and the usually delicious rice pudding was dry and had a crust forming on top. Sorry, Sabri's. We'll take our money elsewhere when we want awesome East Indian food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Too greasy.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

A layer of grease floating on all the sauces. Too expensive.