“Best Restaurant in Vicotria” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 1,083 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Tapas, Wine Bar
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Stage is a small-plate restaurant and wine bar located across from the Belfry Theatre in Victoria’s trendy Fernwood neighbourhood. Stage supports local farmers, food artisans, and serves a variety of tapas-style dinner offerings. Options range from duck confit and crispy octopus to made-in-house sausage, vegetarian dishes and the city's largest cheese selection. The 55 seat restaurant's vibe is upbeat and funky while maintaining a classy and unique feel. Brick walls, reclaimed hardwood floors, hanging candles, and rotating local art, all combine to create a truly local Victoria experience. Stage has also won several awards including Top 10 new restaurant in 2005 by En Route Magazine and a Silver Medal at the 2013 Vancouver International Wine Festival."winning over patrons from Fernwood and beyond"! - N.Y. Times
Victoria, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Vicotria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Just enjoyed the paired tasting menu. Exceptional food, well thought out pairings not since the famous Harvest restaurant on the Isle of Qunite in Ontario have I enjoyed such an exceptional tasting menu. The service by both the staff and owner made us feel like welcome guests and valued customers. Will be back soon!

• Visited April 2013

“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Food was tasty as usual, especially the gnocchi. Love the wine list. Service is always good. Not a good place for anyone who is hard of hearing as it is noisy/echoey, and it is a bit pricey, but worth it IMHO.

Visited April 2013
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had heard good things about Stage and decided to check it out a few weekends ago. I was not disappointed. Everything was delicious, especially the mussels. Also, when the owner learned that it was our first time at Stage he sent out a small appetizer (delicious tuna belly) for each of us on the house. We will definitely be back.

Vancouver, Canada
“Surprisingly great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I wasn't sure about this slightly off-the-beaten path choice (my husband's pick) - but once the fork hit my lips, I was delighted! Inventive small plates menu (we were drooling over our roasted carrots - you don't do that every day!), attentive service, quiet atmosphere (but not too quiet that you feel like everyone can hear your conversation). Excellent wines. Oh yeah, and when the check came, I had a huge smile on my face - great value, too. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Victoria
“Bad Reviewer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I humbly admit my error and that isn't easy. After calling Stage the best restaurant in Victoria but in the midst of angst over the sale of Stage I wrote a review prophesizing the demise of Stage. A recent evenning proved how wrong I was. The food quaility of the original Stage could not be surpassed BUT it has been. While still small plates the plates are a tad bigger which enhances the sharing experience. One flaw that has always hung over stage was the wine list...quirky but not stellar. That too has changed as the quality of the wine list is defineately a step up. They've also embraced the cocktail trend adding an expanded cocktail list and delivering on those. Same staff, same stellar service. I eat my words....Stage is not only the best restaurant in Victoria, it has elevated itself. Do not miss!!!!!! Apologies to all for my misdirection.