“Great views and food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spinnakers Brewery Pub

Spinnakers Brewery Pub
308 Catherine St., Victoria, British Columbia V9A 3S8, Canada (Victoria West)
+1 250-386-2739
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Spinnakers Brewery Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,083 Restaurants in Victoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Victoria West
Cross street: Esquimalt Road
Transit: The BC Transit #25 public city bus stops directly in front of Spinnakers. Big bus hop on/hop off service also stops directly in front of the property. Akal Airporter service from Victoria International airport is available, with drop off on site. The Victoria Harbour Ferries stop is a short 5-minute walk away, ask the captain for directions.
Description: Spinnaker's Gastro Brewpub and Guesthouses is a place that offers it all! Open seven days a week 8:00 am - 11:00 pm, guests are welcome to stop by any time of day to enjoy fresh, local food and great beer!
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Great views and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Inside and outside seating. Great food, great brews. Nice area to walk and view the bay after a big dinner! Bit hard to find as the signage is low key but it is on the waterfront. You might need to park in the street.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Ottawa
“Missing Ingredients”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had lunch at Spinnakers on June 3, 2011. Service was slow. Only one brusque waitress was 'serving' out on the side deck. We were one of two other couples. The server disappeared for long periods of time. When we asked about their beers she handed us a multi-page list and said to choose something. My goat cheese and beet appetizer salad came without the goat's cheese. No server. Went inside. No staff to be seen. The two women in the front 'store' portion could not help. Ate the salad without the goat's cheese. When the server appeared after 20 minutes with our fish & chips she said I should have told her about the missing goat's cheese. I said I would have had she been around. She said she was busy. The fish & chips were OK but the fish batter was very dark brown and greasy. Paid bill and left Mini-tip brought amount owed up to an even dollar. Will never return. There are too many good restaurants in Victoria to waste time in this one.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“After four years service is still very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This might, be a pub/restaurant but that is no excuse for terrible service! On June 11, I was seated and waited more than 10 minutes for service. There were only 2 other small parties in the restaurant area. Both groups had drinks. The staff, 3 servers, were standing at the bar chatting together. I must say that four years ago I waited 20 minutes without service and walked out. I have no interest in repeat performances. It you don't mind a wait in an empty restaurant/pub, I guess this is the place to go. This is not my idea of how I want to spend my time. Fortunately there are other pubs around with patios and excellent service. I cannot recommend this place, even if the food is okay.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“service needs a lot of work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

My husband and I just came back from the spinnaker brew pub. We were seated pretty well right away and our waitress came to our table right away. We had a great meal and then the whole evening was ruined. We ordered our dessert and coffee. Our espresso was bitter and lukewarm. We waited for 15 minutes and could not get our waitress attention. When we finally got her attention to ask where the dessert was,she snarkly remarked that the crisp (rhubard) was being made. We said we had been waiting for quite some time and could she just bring our cheque. When she did, she said " I'm sorry it was not fast enough for you", no smile. When she brought the bill, the crisp was added to our bill. We had a hard time getting her attention again, to get her to remove the dessert from our bill. She was not pleasant, like we were rude or demanding. It ruined our whole evening. One that had started quite nicely. I noticed the table of 4 people in the corner next to us had a drink and could not get her attention so they took their jackets and left. Not good for business !!! Better get on the ball there. You can't survive on your beer alone. Victoria has really gone downhill the last few years and I find myself going there less and less. There are a lot of other nice pubs and I will frequent the other ones,.

nanaimo
“Sail on by”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

For starters this place looks the part but when you walk in and are dismissively told by way of a welcome that the downstairs restaurant is closed eat upstairs you know this doesn't bode well.

I confess I haven't much enjoyed eating out in Canada except that is for breakfasts which are by and large exceptional.

Spinnakers has ambience and an English gastro pub feel, but no one told the chef.

Lets start with a bowl of chowder which had sat for so long on serving that it was lukewarm at best and had a crust on it that was, frankly, disgusting.

I waited 3 or 4 minutes to draw this to the attention of a server but one did not appear so i returned it to the kitchen myself.

When it finally came out it was pretty good and although not piping hot it was much improved.

But surely a prerequisite for serving any soup is that it is hot!

On to a main, i chose a staple. pork and beans. What a mistake that was. the pig from which the pork had been butchered had obviously died of starvation and 3 paltry slices of overly fatty porkbelly were not complimented by watery beans garnished with sodden spinach, most of which i actually left.

My partner's chicken sandwich was 'ok' at best but the 4$ charge for a ramikin of wilted spinach and a handful of lukewarm fries is a joke.

Sail right by this place to Ferris' downtown which charge the same for really good food and about twice as much!

• Visited April 2011