“Feeling so ripped off...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pluto's

Pluto's
1150 Cook St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (Harris Green)
(250) 385-4747
Improve this listing
Ranked #245 of 1,107 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Harris Green
Victoria, Canada
“Feeling so ripped off...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I've gone to this place since I was a teenager (20 years) and have always loved it. After tonight I will never go again. It's never been gourmet, but I've always felt there was value for the dollar, so kept going over the years. Tonight I dragged my family out of the house and boy, do we regret it. The food was inedible. I wanted some protein so ordered the AAA steak, which was about 60-65% fat. I literally ate 2 bites of it, and against my usual M.O. actually showed the waitress. She promptly walked away without removing the offensive plate and took only 10% off of the $18.00 plate. 2 bites of food for $16.20! I don't know when the change happened exactly, we've been happy our last several visits over the last years, but it is not worth the risk now. I've never wirtten a review before, but this level of poor food/service has inspired me, that other people may not have to endure paying an (almost) full bill for something they did not, in the least, get to enjoy. Don't bother!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Chemainus, Canada
“Not like I remember...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Years ago, when I was a student at UVIC, I loved this place. Unfortunately things have gone downhill since then.

The food was average at best. No flavor on the wings and the chipotle beef salad also lacked flavor as well. The real kick in the teeth was the prices. Way to high for what you get except the milkshake. As mentioned in another review, the espresso shake was just as I remember! Perhaps it's time to revisit your direction in the kitchen as things definitely have changed for the worse. How bout a soda/ice cream/burger joint? The location is amazing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, Canada
“Great Milkshakes, Medium at Best Food...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

being a local, I have been to plutos many times...
the only really good thing about it is the milkshakes....the butterscotch and espresso ones are great!
last time I went the food just sucked...
i ordered quesadillas with side mexican rice.. and my girlfriend ordered a chicken burger and fries..
the quesadilla was fine.. not worth the money, but decent.. and the $2.50 side rice was ridiculous... 2 tbsp of mushy terrible rice..
what was worse was the fries with the burger..
there was probably enough oil on the plate to fry them in... like literally, the entire bottom of the plate was covered...disgusting...!!!!
and the bill for 2 people and 1 milkshake was $40 ... very overpriced for the quality and service.. which was at best, sub-par....
i recommend the milkshakes, but the food hasn't been great.... so many other, better options in victoria, for much much less..

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver
“almost - but not quite - out of this world”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I have been wanting to try Pluto's for some time, and finally got a chance to drop in for a late lunch. I had one of the egg breakfasts (available until 2) and he got a burger. Both surprisingly good, including a huge side salad. Nothing fancy but it looked and tasted fresh.
The service was friendly. There seemed to be a bit of a hangover vibe around the bar, but it didn't bother us. My main disappointment was the decor, to be honest. There is HUGE potential there to turn the place into a really hipl mid-century diner, a la Palm Springs. But the interior is stuck in the classic rock 80s. Get rid of the dark blue paint job and the stars. And don't go for the "Happy Day's look, either - it's been done to death. It needs to be fresh, and I am absolutely sure it wouldn't take much to change it. Make it more upbeat, brighter and less cluttered, and you'll be out of this world!!

• Visited January 2011