“Victoria's #1 Chinese Restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of J & J Wonton Noodle House

J & J Wonton Noodle House
1012 Fort St, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (Harris Green)
(250) 383-0680
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Harris Green
Vancouver, Canada
“Victoria's #1 Chinese Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We tried this restaurant for the for first time this past weekend, were very impressed the quality of the food, as each of the flavourful dishes got our taste buds going for more! We started with the wonton soup and the entrees included Spicy Ginger Chicken, BQ Pork Fried Rice and House Chow Mein. Staff were very friendly and our food came quickly, we enjoyed the complimentary Chinese tea served with the meal. The wine list is limited if taken by the glass, however local or imported beer is available. Its unique to be able to see the kitchen staff at work through the glass windows.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Victoria, Canada
“Best on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We live almost an hour away but this is the only place we will go for Chinese food. It is worth the drive. The service is cheerful, friendly and fast. The food is so fresh and so good, the best Chinese food I have had anywhere. The Hot and Sour soup is delicious. The Crispy Spicy Ginger Beef is addictive. Don't be scared off by the spicy, it is not hot, just darn tasty!
It has been recently renovated.
Closed Sunday and Monday.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Best hot and sour soup ever !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We were told not to miss this spot. Being from Montreal with the best Chinese food ever we were not hopeful.
But we were very impressed. We tried to go on Monday but it was closed so we walked over again on Tuesday to find a packed noisy and delicious smelling restaurant. Service was great and the food was fresh, crisp and amazing. We even returned the next day to take the hot and sour soup back to our son and daughter-in-law
In Campbell River.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“Oh My Goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Absolutely delicious. I cycled past this place on the way to work for 4 years. I hardly even noticed it . . . but I'm pretty sure I smelled it! I told myself that one day I would eat there. Okay, I'm a bit of a procrastinator. That was one of the best Chinese meals I've ever had! We had a chicken dish with a black sweet & slightly spicy sauce. Sorry, I can't remember what it was called. We had a green bean dish & I have never tasted green beans that good. I don't really even like green beans! (this was my wife's choice & so was the chicken). We had mushroom fried rice with big chunks of mushrooms & it was awesome. It's not cheap & don't expect fancy decor or a romantic atmosphere but if you're looking for high end Chinese chow, this is where you'll find it! This place is my new favourite for Chinese food & it may arguable be the best in Victoria. I just can't rave enough about it! Ask my wife.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by some resident islanders and it was a great experience! The staff are very warm and friendly, and the food was excellent! I didn't think I would be able to eat Chinese food because of my gluten allergy, but they have a gluten-free menu that is quite extensive. Most of us had soup, and it was very tasty and full of noodles, meat, and vegetables. Prices are very reasonable and service is outstanding!

• Visited August 2013