“The food is hit-and-miss, but they are great with customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Noodle Box Uptown, 129-3500 Uptown Blvd, Victoria BC

Improve this listing
Ranked #337 of 969 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian
Victoria, Canada
“The food is hit-and-miss, but they are great with customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The problem I've had with Noodle Box in the past is it's neither fast food nor cheap food. We tried the uptown location for the first time and waited about 40 minutes for our meal, no kidding. However the staff was actively going around and speaking to the people waiting. I ordered "Medium" and it was so spicy that I couldn't eat it. I think it would have been tasty but it was hard to tell. They comped us a free coconut juice and offered to remake it but I wasn't interested in another big wait. Went back the next week and ordered food a bit more bland. The taste was only so-so (a mild curry with cashews) but the shrimp lettuce wrap appetizer was delicious and the service was a lot quicker. I went back again a week later and tried another item, plum sauce noodles and it was still bland and way too sweet. Still, the customer service was really on the ball. I was excited to give this place another try, but I'd rather not risk the price on a meal I could have made better myself, so I'm not sure I will be back for anything except the shrimp lettuce wrap.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“A Treat for your Taste Buds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Victoria! Our favorites are the Spicey Thai Peanut, Cambodian Jungle Curry and Thom Yum Soup! Great flavors - you choose how much heat. I like to ask for a combination of proteins.

• Visited May 2014
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good and prompt service,food freshly cooked for you.I really liked the food!The cashier was very helpful.The menu had a good variety.

• Visited June 2014
“Loved it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I ate at this restaurant every day of my stay in Victoria (5days). I really never paid attention to price so I cannot comment on that. What I can comment on is the tastiness of the food. I love their noodle dishes, they have a great variety and they have a nice spiciness to them. I also like the fact that I could get a rice noodle and free range chicken. The portions where large enough for a good sized lunch and some left over for a snack later. My next trip to Victoria.....all my lunches will be at Noodle Box!

• Visited January 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Pricy for the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The food is average. They are on the sweet side - even for savory dishes. Two of us each had a noodle dish plus one ice teat = $28. You also have to bus your own table when you are done, which is a bit off considering that they are a chain at that price. I don't think I will go again. I definitely would not go on a date.