“Elegant dining with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Victoria BC
“Elegant dining with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

New Years Eve we went to the Beach House on Cordova Bay. We chose to have a more intimate dinner downstairs. We loved the piano and a couple of different pianists played during our dinner which really enhanced our experience. Our server was wonderful and very attentive. Now for the dinner! We have had a few dinners there when they first opened and they were marginal, but I have to say not only has the service improved but WOW so has the food. My steak was cooked perfectly and my husband had the lobster special which he said was delicious. Our desserts were The atmosphere, the service and the food for this occasion earned them a 5 star with us. Loved it and we will be back!

Forest
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife and I recently stopped in for a bite to eat a day a drink. The service was very good and the waiter a good friendly chap. I had the house burger which was huge and very good and my wife had sheppards pie which she said was also very good and she took some home as there was to much.

Victoria, Canada
“Second time and I Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I took my in-laws to the beach house for my father-in-laws 70th birthday. The view of course was amazing and I love that no matter where we could have been sat we would have enjoyed the view. Definitely not a bad seat in the place.

The food was fantastic! We all had different entrees and they were all good. We shared a large Caesar salad as an apply and we loved the presentation. It was a wonderful change to a classic and super delicious.

The service was top notch and the staff were knowledgeable, very pleasant and accommodating as we had a toddler & baby with us.

The prices were on par with any other restaurant and quite good value.

This was our second time at the beach house and it was as great as the first time. We highly recommend it ...lunch, dinner, drinks ...whatever the occasion !

• Visited October 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Owners, wake up !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Come to this restaurant for the view and decor, but not for the food nor the service. Thiis restaurant will stay in business because so many peopke come here for the view and seem oblivious to the poor food they get. I guess that's enough for the owner ... The menu is insipid (boring) at best, and the food mediocre. I live within walking distance and i really wish it was my Go To place; i can sure use one around here, but really, i have had 6 or 7 visits, and each one is a disappointment one way or another. My neighbours say the same. The owners spent sooo much time and money on the decor, we all had such high hopes ... but boring food, boring menu, very ordinary service. Their pizza is the worse i've ever had in a restaurant. I honestly think its from the frozen section of some grocery chain. The servers have assured me its the chef's family recipe ... yikes ! I went there tonight with every intention of getting an appetizer before my main. Nothing interesting on the menu. The appetizer should be a great place for the chef to have fun and experiment. Not here. Predictable, and most of their appies are too heavy ... I've had the lamb shank, it was just okay, i've had the prime rib, it was okay (though the horseradish was super), had the chicken, just okay. The only bright light on the menu is the desert. Its usually quite adventurous and creative, though sometimes what you get is a bit too heavy and not quite as described ...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
texas
“WOW,WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The title is for food- WOW and view -WOW. We just finished a 7 night trip out to Seattle ,Vancouver and then Victoria.

This was our best dining experience by far. All food was outstanding but the staff made it exceptional. No rush just relax and enjoy the view of Cordova Bay.

If we ever return of to the Great Northwest we will stop.

• Visited November 2013