“Romantic Anniversary Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ambrosia Historic Bed & Breakfast Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Ambrosia Historic Bed & Breakfast Retreat
You added Ambrosia Historic Bed & Breakfast Retreat to your Saves list
522 Quadra Street, Victoria, British Columbia V8V 3S3, Canada (Fairfield)   |
Ranked #29 of 110 Victoria B&B and Inns
fullerton, ca
“Romantic Anniversary Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

I wanted somewhere quiet, charming and close to town however; I found much more. The room was nicely decorated with a very comfortable bed, inviting fire place and had a bathroom that could mimic the nicest spa. We enjoyed the hospitality with help when needed and privacy always respected. To call it a breakfast seems to short change the wonderfull food that was provided. It was more than we could have ever expected. Treat yourself to a stay at this Inn.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

Excellent ambience and wonderful 4 course breakfasts!! They even packed an bagged breakfast for me, when I needed it.
A stately older home with all the modern conveniences and all the little "extras" of a luxury accomodation. I would highly recommend it!

Stayed May 2007
Carteret, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2007

The house is beautiful, and the Isis room has a great bathroom with jetted tub and big shower stall. The breakfasts were delicious, and the four courses really fill you up. Everyone was very nice, and Gavin was especially helpful with dinner plans and other advice. It's in a great location, just a few blocks from downtown Victoria, but far enough away that it feels peaceful. Great B&B overall, would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The breakfasts & room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leucadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2007

My wife and I snuck away for a long weekend to Victoria, BC without the kids. I researched the best B&B's through Trip Advisor, and picked the Ambrosia purely on the reviews given. We had an awesome time, and truly enjoyed returning to the Ambrosia after a day out galavanting.

The breakfast they served was so tasty, and filling, that we were able to spend more time sightseeing, and less hunting for restaurants. I think that if you were to put a price tag just on the breakfast, you would be hard pressed to find as good of a meal in Victoria for less than $25 per person.

You can walk everywhere in Victoria, so a centrally located B&B like the Ambrosia is a must.

This time of the year in Victoria, May, is fantastic. No crowds, perfect weather, and Butchart is filled with tulips and rhododendrons.

Our fellow guests included a university VP, a national health director of medical education, and a couple who stay extensively at B&B's. I think that that is a good testament to the quality of the establishment!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Iowa!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

Gae & Gavin were very personable. My room was lovely. The highlight of my stay was the 4-course breakfast, served in a warm, professional manner. The room even had CDs to listen to. I would stay there again. It's incredibly affordable, has the conveniences of a hotel and the comfort of staying with friends.

• Liked — 4-star breakfast and safe downtown convenient location
  • Disliked — No tv...
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stroudsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

My husband and I booked the Isis suite at the Ambrosia Historic B&B for our first ever trip to Victoria. Our hosts were incredibly patient with us as we severely underestimated how long it would take us to arrive once departing the ferry terminal. Our room was exquisite! The linens were lovely and soft, and the bed was inviting - a perfect end to a very long travel day! We loved the floor to ceiling windows and the view they presented. The bathroom was meticulously cleaned and there were high-quality Aveda products for us to use and enjoy during our stay.

The breakfasts were OUTSTANDING. I'm a bit of a B&B-lover, and the breakfasts at the Ambrosia Historic B&B were, by far, the best breakfasts I've ever had. Even the juice was delicious - no Tropicana here! My husband and I never needed to have lunch because the breakfasts were so filling and long-lasting.

The house itself is very well-maintained. We marveled at all the personal touches and small details. We were encouraged to use and enjoy the different parts of the house.

The Ambrosia Historic B&B was also an amazing starting point for our days in Victoria. Their location is extremely convenient to downtown Victoria and the inner harbor.

I would STRONGLY recommend the Ambrosia Historic B&B to others. It's an amazing B&B that goes above and beyond. The (very reasonable) price is well worth the pampering, service, ambiance, and location.

• Liked — EVERYTHING
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winnipeg, MB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

We have stayed at B&B's the world-over and this one is right up there at the top! Everything from the beds, baths, breakfasts and fabulous hosts was just perfect. The food was especially outstanding and I'm so glad that we stayed here for our time in Victoria as it made it a great trip.

• Liked — hosts, cleanliness, decor, food, attention to detail
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ambrosia Historic Bed & Breakfast Retreat? Share your experiences!